rocketbrainsurgeon

E-75: POINTY FASCIST BOX TANK by Garbad

35 posts in this topic

• 560 alpha is a nice amount – 3x shots for a tier 8/9, 4x shots for almost all tier 10s even with low rolls.  As many waffle/JT drivers have found, 560 alpha on a good dpm, good performing gun platform is pretty much ideal.

Another great review. Agree with everything.

The angleing stuff is SO key to making this tank work.... my aggregate 75/100 stats look like crap because It took until I was in M-A and NinjaLunchbox sat down with me and went over just how to do it right till I figured it out.

Be warned... the Stock E-75 was the most painful thing I have ever done. It was LONG. What just got me wrecked was the slowness of the E-75 stock.... and I was playing back in the 5 sky cancer days. Often a stupicide scout would yolo over, light me, and 5 arty shells would land on me. So this may no longer be true.... but still... have some free EXP ready... you want that engine asap.

How good is the E-75? I drove it  (elite) in tier 10 CW my entire Tenure in [OP] and was never the worst player at the end of the game. This is a gud tonk.

You have to be really careful with where your turret is facing. The cheeks are autobounce head-on due to angle. But a small deviation to one side or the other make it am easy to hit weakspot.

Dunno what I was smoking.  I caught that after I submitted it but since it took forever to publish this I didn't want to risk an edit.

are you color blind?

Uh, yes, I am actually.  But that color is obviously purple.

From my experience, 225 pen guns will have fits trying to pen an E-75's lower plate with some angling, but against other E-75s and other tanks with similar pen values, a hit in the lower plate usually means taking damage unless you're angling enough to make your side armor a weakspot.

That said, something I like to do is to poke out of a corner at a high angle without exposing my drive wheel. While doing this in the KT would mean taking damage and possibly getting set on fire from getting hit in the lower plate, the E-75 can routinely bounce shots off its lower plate this way. It's an excellent way to bait people into firing during a peekaboo fight.

It's maroon.

Didn't know about the hill thing.  I've only ever seen the opposite, where the hit model extends beyond the visual model.  

It was not intentional.  It appears to be an artifact caused by different resolutions/video drivers/etc.  On my home PC, it looks like I am firing through air but on my laptop, it looks like I am firing through the wall.  The takehome lesson is to trust the green indicator, not your eyes.

Great tank review, pretty much the one with the most details, I wish every tank review was like this. I especially liked the use of tank inspector pictures, even though I guess that part was time consuming!

Well done! =D

I do not think the lower plate is that strong. I have no trouble penetrating it with 270 APCR from an E-50, and that is shooting down into it a few degrees.

How thick does that viewer say the base thickness is? It is behaving like either [email protected] or [email protected]

Garbad confirmed unable to tell the difference between purple and dark purple

RIP photoreceptors

at least he doesn't have synesthesia where the tank is covered in numbers instead of colors. what kind of noob drives an E-75 covered in 2's?

bahaha, what? unless your definition of purple expends into the red spectrum... that's red

god you're so cute!

bahaha, what? unless your definition of purple expends into the red spectrum... that's red

god you're so cute!

It explains why he is a good player. Always trying to do better than the rest of the purples on his team. Or are they reds on his team?

The E75 is beast, it and the ST-1 are the best tier 9's IMHO.  For it's size it moves very well hit's hard and the turret is stronk. 

The E75 is beast, it and the ST-1 are the best tier 9's IMHO.  For it's size it moves very well hit's hard and the turret is stronk. 

Agreed, though they probably need a good platoon to really shine imho.