3-5-7 combined with shit balance, increasing power difference between the tiers is a problem, and if there is something that will make me leave the game, its that. Arty is cancer but its always been there and unless it becomes somehow worse (which wont happen cus arty was so much worse in 2013 and earlier) it wont be the main reason to kick me out of the game. I want to highlight a recent big issue - the maps. These days, the maps are overall FUCKING AWFUL.
This game always has bad maps, but 1.0 made it MUCH worse - Almost every map just got worse. There are actually just a few, literally a few maps that are kinda consistently enjoyable (and even then, you could get cucked if you play certain tanks - two some of the best maps in the game IMO - Redshire and Himmelsdorf, can both cuck you, Redshire north spawn is aids for non-fast heavies and Himmels is bad for paper TDs and LTs that lack good firepower, tho every map should not be completely equal for every tank class).
Here is a few of poor map designs:
- maps that are basically a corridor simulator (mountain pass, abbey)
- maps that are technically not too awful otherwise but becomes a shitfest the moment it has too many arties (prokho, sand river, steppes)
- maps that are clearly unbalanced (mines, live oaks)
- maps that are overly campy (malinovka standard, prok with a lot of arties, erlenberg (lol still a campfest, but hey, its different now so is fine!))
- maps that heavily favor one class and puts some of them at disadvantage (a lot of the maps, but Paris is a good example because anything that isnt a heavy sucks here)
The worst maps, that I would to call ”the craptastic four” are combination of those traits mentioned earlier. Its fucking insane how these maps even got into the game. I almost want to legit kms when I get one of these maps. Here we go:
- Fishermans Bay AKA Shittermans Gay: Such a joke, used to be alright but now its fucking terrible. City is even harder to reach and push without dying, 1-2 line is also harder to push without dying. Everyone just go middle and its literally abusing a hugeass lane of bushes. The moment someone spots you from an awkward angle, you’re screwed. It’s super campy, its super boring and unfun to play, and it becomes twice as bad with arties. Oh yes.
- Glacier AKA Gaycier: This map is hilarious. You got the north flank, that is fucking garbage - if someone goes to middle, you get spotted and there is legitimately no way to avoid it and get shot at if you play a heavy and try to go to north. Not just that, you cant push from north because of the campers. So north is trash, just trash. South takes forever to reach and push, middle is a clusterfuck with zero arty cover whatsoever, the aircraft carrier makes things even more retarded. It results in a super poorly made campfest map with limited possibilities to push and you get shit on by arty 24/7. Its fun only when ur playing a tank that is fast, has turret armor, has gun depression and when there isnt a single arty and next to no TDs. And like thats never gonna happen.
- Province: This map can go fuck itself and everyone who designed it can also go fuck themselves. Its absolutely horribly designed in every metric. Everything about it is bad - its campy AND corridory, its hard to push and do anything, capping is completely impossible, arties can shit on retarded spots where they shouldnt be able, both spawns have most retarded superbushes where you can hide anything reliably so pushing is impossible there, and its unbalanced. More often than not it lasts more than 13 minutes. Woohoo.
- Fjords. Its unbalanced as fuck, even after the changes. Its super poorly designed. Its unfun with pretty much anything. Its either a super awkward corridor where arta can shit on (only place where it can even do anything, and that is when it positions correctly), a risky area in the middle that works from the better spawn anyway and a crossfire camp hell at the north. It has every shittyness mashed into one deformed abomination puked by a crayon eating mongoloid into a napkin. The only good thing about it is that it looks really beautiful aestethically.
I personally get so triggered about the maps sometimes. If they keep introducing maps like the 4 I mentioned, I can see myself quitting the game sooner than I would expect. That and 3-5-7 is really fucking awful and at this point should be just reverted into old one with a few good thing taken like classes being matched against each other, arta platoons removed and limited to 3.
Man I love this game, it would have such a fucking huge potential but the devs are retarded ;__;