_Folset_

Crusader Replay - please help me improve

Crusader - Ruinberg
High Calibre, 1st Class
4 kills, 1670 damage

http://wotreplays.eu/site/908701

I felt I played quite well in this one. I did the best I could but in the end it was not enough. After thinking about it for a bit, I did realise that when I couldn't circle the S-35 CA, I probably should of pulled back and out of his view range to go take care of the SPGs and lure him into the city.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback on where I went wrong and what I could of done better.  :)

You took 3 unnecessary shots early:

1) That T-34 was aiming at you for a very long time and yet you did not move.

2) You took a shot from SU-85B, even tho you knew he was there.

3) You stopped at a spot which was preaimed by enemy arti. They had FV304 and Grille which destroyed your allies there just a few moments ago.

If you had full HP that S-35 would not have a chance against you. You could just take one or even two shots and just hug him to death. This is why people always give the same, old, advice: Don't trade shots if you don't have to, conserve your hit points for end game and than just clean up everything.

It was still winnable tho, all you had to do was disappear completely, make a big circle around the map and attack him from his back. Or go back to destroy their arti and deal with S-35 later. Or anything other than what you did.

The moment you entered a stalemate with that S-35 was the moment you lost that game.

You took 3 unnecessary shots early:

1) That T-34 was aiming at you for a very long time and yet you did not move.

2) You took a shot from SU-85B, even tho you knew he was there.

3) You stopped at a spot which was preaimed by enemy arti. They had FV304 and Grille which destroyed your allies there just a few moments ago.

When I get home from work, I will review the replay and keep an eye out for those three moments.

If you had full HP that S-35 would not have a chance against you. You could just take one or even two shots and just hug him to death. This is why people always give the same, old, advice: Don't trade shots if you don't have to, conserve your hit points for end game and than just clean up everything.

It was still winnable tho, all you had to do was disappear completely, make a big circle around the map and attack him from his back. Or go back to destroy their arti and deal with S-35 later. Or anything other than what you did.

The moment you entered a stalemate with that S-35 was the moment you lost that game.

After the battle was over, I realised I should of just disappeared completely. If I am ever in a similar situation, this is what I will do.
At the time I was just trying to keep him spotted, hoping my arty would take care of him. Big mistake.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. Hopefully I will improve because of it. I just need to remember to avoid unnecessary damage.

I do the same mistakes, and curse myself after the battle.

Never get fixated on a tank. If you can't get to him than just go. The map is huge, there are other enemies and other ways to win.

Allowing yourself to get locked into one spot by a slow, worthless, unimportant tank camping in the corner of the map is just mind bogglingly stupid. And yet I do it all the time.  :sad:

Rebought Crusader after almost a year. 1st game = Malinovka = Win = Patrol Duty = Ace

Confirmed Covenanter and Crusader are still OP. And still no1 knows how to play them.   :beard:

If someone wants to review my replay - pls do.  :thumbup:

I just got mine, really nice gun on the tank, i only need too learn not too play too aggressive in it, since it basically got zero armor, the dpm on the thing is also OP

I love mine. Optics, rammer, and GLD turn it into an invisible buzzsaw. 230 battles and a 60% WR is epic by my light green standards. I can't wait to get 6th sense and full camo skill on my crew to see what it can really do. I've had KV drivers raging while I burned them down from outside their view range.

Avoid derp slingers at all costs. The armor is old british kipper snack cans over crates of cordite.

Watch your ammo count during mid game. I run out sometimes

I love my brits, particularly the crusader. It has a machine gun for a cannon! Gld,rammer and optics & i use silver high octane on mine. I use it to flank and come up behind bad guys that have stalled an attack.slither around in city maps get behind and plink away...

Flanking is the preferred method of attack, but try to avoid fast rushing into unexplored areas of the map. Crusader is fast enough to get you anywhere, but not fast enough to get you out if you find something too big for your gun.

Also, it's not really a scout tank, it's "just" a medium support tank with great camo and gun depression. Use its advantages to stay alive, keep your gun in action for as long as possible and you'll do fine.

A few things I see that doesn't seem to have been covered by others...

The crusader's strength isn't city brawl, it doesn't have the armor for it, I probably would have started off the match going east since that side of the map give you more room to maneuver and more hills to abuse the crusader's very good depression. On top of that you would have help out the KV-1S on the right flank a great deal. The KV-1S has good firepower and armor for this tier but have crap for view range; perhaps if you spotted/assisted/flanked for him there could have been a breakthrough on the right flank since the right flank wasn't heavily defended in the first place.

Regardless which way you went, in the first minute or so, you went a very round-about way to get to the "hull down" position you were in... you might have just been reacting to your teammates, but you should have a pretty good idea during the loading time to think about where you are going and make a bee line for it as soon as the match starts, the extra 10 seconds you loose by milling about could mean you miss a spot/shot, or even be denied a position of advantage. 

To a certain degree, I think you just got lucky on this match. I felt like you were in that "hull down" position for way too long. You didn't really have armor to hold down a position and the reds knew you were there pretty early on in the match, a better red team/player could have easily picked you off way earlier in the match. The fact that you were able to hold that spot and did as much damage as you did was due to equal parts of your good shooting and the red team's more or less ignoring you for most of the match. 

Got my first stripe today....and for spoting! The crusader is as versatile as the cromy and comet. You can circle of death with...little more dancing...flank in city and come up behind bad guys....snipe like the worlds coming to and end...and so on. For me what works is to never stop moving....hit and run...if you catch an unsupported tank, don't care what it is you can plink it to death 1 on 1 easy....never stop moving...