LanterneRouge

No t20 love?

So I'm closing to my third MoE on this tank (first ever) and I've wn8 just above 3k... Question is.. Is this tank so good for statpading or did I just click with it?

(3k wn8 is pretty high for me ;) )

love the tank. alpha/gundepression med whats not to like. About 2% off 3rd moe as well

Enjoyed the T20, had my highest WR and XP/G, relative to tanks played.

Now it only has highest WR, since the M46 is about to surpass it for highest XP/G :^) (yea its that good)

So I'm closing to my third MoE on this tank (first ever) and I've wn8 just above 3k... Question is.. Is this tank so good for statpading or did I just click with it?

(3k wn8 is pretty high for me ;) )

The whole line is padding if you get along with these comfy tanks.

The whole line is padding if you get along with these comfy tanks.

Confirmed pershing and t20 comfy as hell, but it's incredibly expensive. I ran coke and shot 80% gold and the average game i lost 40k rip

Took me 40-50 games to 3 MoE this tank. I had some games in it before MoE came out but I had to average about 2300~ dpg + 500 spotting to do it in that amount of time.

My final session:

TSVNjIA.jpg

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wp0sor565z63yy/T20%2012%20Games%202563%20Dpg%2075%25%20Wr.zip?dl=0

Half of the games I didnt have a premium account and I was gold spamming + food so I lost a lot of credits :/

What a great thread. I rushed through the T20 and did not play it well. I sent myself back to the minors when things didn't get any better in the Pershing and focused on starting the game over, figuratively speaking. After reading this thread, I took the T20 out yesterday and did much better. I understand it's role better and really worked on damage output after swapping in and training a better crew. It's a good feeling to go back to something I screwed up and find improvement.

What a great thread. I rushed through the T20 and did not play it well. I sent myself back to the minors when things didn't get any better in the Pershing and focused on starting the game over, figuratively speaking. After reading this thread, I took the T20 out yesterday and did much better. I understand it's role better and really worked on damage output after swapping in and training a better crew. It's a good feeling to go back to something I screwed up and find improvement.

At 2k battles you are in over your head at VII.  Play V and VI, great fun tiers.  Stay low and develop your crews.

At 2k battles you are in over your head at VII. Play V and VI, great fun tiers. Stay low and develop your crews.

Agreed and a +1 to you. , That's what I've been doing for the last month. I just couldn't resist playing a game in the T20 after reading this thread. My Pershing and T29 are on hold while I get my skills and crews up in IV-VI tiers. I want to get my WN8 up before advancing further. Right now I feel I'm being carried.

Skilled crews are OP...

Sadly, I played for about 3 months without really understandiing how skills worked. I had crewmen with the wrong skills and went up to the T20 and Pershing without having a single crew skill. For example, I didn't realize that BIA required every member of the crew to have it for it to be effective. Thank goodness for forums.

I've gone back and reset skills as well as accelerating training on my premiums and elite tanks to increase skills faster. I'll stay in the tanks much longer to skill up the crews. Over 10% of my games were in the T20 and I sucked in it.

Agreed and a +1 to you. , That's what I've been doing for the last month. I just couldn't resist playing a game in the T20 after reading this thread. My Pershing and T29 are on hold while I get my skills and crews up in IV-VI tiers. I want to get my WN8 up before advancing further. Right now I feel I'm being carried.

I want to be clear I did not intend to insult you.  I pushed up tiers WAY too fast.  Newbies: 1. Do not hurry up tiers.  2. Learn the mechanics of the game concerning the use of premium tanks.  3.  Read Lert and King Alphyn's guides for newbies. 4. Watch some videos of great players.  Some of what you see will apply to ANY tier.

I want to be clear I did not intend to insult you. I pushed up tiers WAY too fast. Newbies: 1. Do not hurry up tiers. 2. Learn the mechanics of the game concerning the use of premium tanks. 3. Read Lert and King Alphyn's guides for newbies. 4. Watch some videos of great players. Some of what you see will apply to ANY tier.

I'm not insulted, yours was great advice. I wish I'd heard that four months ago when I was thinking that I wouldn't suck at the next level. I did give your post a +1. The reason I'm spilling all of my mistakes is that some other new player might benefit. I would have steered clear of this forum if I wasn't willing to take advice and constructive criticism. Thanks for speaking up.

How do you great players use this thing on say, Siegfried Line in a tier 9 encounter match that's loaded with high tier heavies? I ran across this situation the other day and I wasn't quite sure what to do. I ended up going field and got derped by a  purple T49. I suppose I was trying to leverage the great view range on it, but I'm not quite sure that was the best decision.  Any suggestions?

It's my favorite tank, by far. Can't %^%^**ing WIN in it, but that's another subject

How do you great players use this thing on say, Siegfried Line in a tier 9 encounter match that's loaded with high tier heavies? I ran across this situation the other day and I wasn't quite sure what to do. I ended up going field and got derped by a  purple T49. I suppose I was trying to leverage the great view range on it, but I'm not quite sure that was the best decision.  Any suggestions?

I suppose field wasn't the worst option if you spawned south, but in general Siegfried field sucks. Go town, from either spawn there's good spots where a T20 can hide until someone is spotted and preoccupied long enough for you to throw an APCR shell downrange. Don't have much time on my hands, so I can't go get screenies of the best places to be - but getting to that little courtyard in the middle of the town is good if you've got good heavy city presence (allows you to peek out from like 3 different angles), while there's a line of rubble just south of the cap for the south spawn that allows you to overwatch most of the right side of the city. In both locations you aren't actually going to be competing with your opponents, just punishing them for not paying attention to you.

Edited by Rexxie

One of the smoothest tanks for me so far. As I'm cheap, I rarely shoot gold and just got 6th sense on it. Still fun to play.

Would love to see how many would get 3 marks without this bullshit apcr pen on it though.

Besides Garbad's derp, lel

I suppose field wasn't the worst option if you spawned south, but in general Siegfried field sucks. Go town, from either spawn there's good spots where a T20 can hide until someone is spotted and preoccupied long enough for you to throw an APCR shell downrange. Don't have much time on my hands, so I can't go get screenies of the best places to be - but getting to that little courtyard in the middle of the town is good if you've got good heavy city presence (allows you to peek out from like 3 different angles), while there's a line of rubble just south of the cap for the south spawn that allows you to overwatch most of the right side of the city. In both locations you aren't actually going to be competing with your opponents, just punishing them for not paying attention to you.

Thanks for the tip man. I've tried the courtyard position after seeing quite a few people put it to good use. I haven't been able to make it work for me though, as I have a tendency to poke at really bad times due to impatience. I need to work on that a bit. Field is a big no go for me now, I'd rather have the opportunity to do some damage, and influence a match and fail if the other choice is zero damage potential due to poor positioning.

Bringing this thread back from the dead because the T20 deserves it.

Speed, camo, gun depression, fire control, alpha, lolpen APCR, view range.  This tank has it all, and it's incredibly comfy to play.  Got my second mark within 150 games in it, fastest ever for me.  Definitely a keeper.

This is a tank that even a lowly scrub like me can perform well in. For me I think one of the benefits is it's low profile. I can bait a lot of misses using terrain and poking or ridge surfing. Turret profile is pretty small too. Camo is handy for getting into positions unseen. Definitely two thumbs up.

Grinding through it on my invite account, long time since I played it originally but my overall feeling is still decent but not great.

The gun is nice but the DPM is horrific which I don't think is a good combo with a tank that has no armour, seems too inviting for the yolo brigade especially scouts or tier 6 meds which will churn out 3 shots to your 1.  The other issue I don't like is it feels sluggish for how light it is, especially turning. 

It's a solid tank, pretty comfy but don't get the fuss about it, have fonder memories of the Pershing. it's better than the Easy8, though if the easy 8 had 140 odd pen and 200 APCR it would be better tier for tier than the t20.

Can't help feeling as well aside pen values and alpha the Comet basically does everything the T20 can do but a little better. When you are playing a vehicle that takes advantage of those ignoring you or getting into positions where they can't shoot you waiting over 8 seconds to do 240 damage is frustrating when I can do 420 in under 10 with the Comet and abuse more positions with -12.

But this may be me comparing a tank I carry shed loads of APCR on and have a 4 skill crew on my main account against a fresh grinding account where I am conscious about credits. 

Grinding through it on my invite account, long time since I played it originally but my overall feeling is still decent but not great.

The gun is nice but the DPM is horrific which I don't think is a good combo with a tank that has no armour, seems too inviting for the yolo brigade especially scouts or tier 6 meds which will churn out 3 shots to your 1.  The other issue I don't like is it feels sluggish for how light it is, especially turning. 

It's a solid tank, pretty comfy but don't get the fuss about it, have fonder memories of the Pershing. it's better than the Easy8, though if the easy 8 had 140 odd pen and 200 APCR it would be better tier for tier than the t20.

Can't help feeling as well aside pen values and alpha the Comet basically does everything the T20 can do but a little better. When you are playing a vehicle that takes advantage of those ignoring you or getting into positions where they can't shoot you waiting over 8 seconds to do 240 damage is frustrating when I can do 420 in under 10 with the Comet and abuse more positions with -12.

But this may be me comparing a tank I carry shed loads of APCR on and have a 4 skill crew on my main account against a fresh grinding account where I am conscious about credits. 

Just picked this up. Ran 10 brutal, painful games with the 76mm gun and then free XPd the top gun and now love it.

Certainly not a dpm tank, but with the fire control and APCR pen you should actually be getting 100% of your dpm against anything you face as opposed to a gun that will bounce/miss/troll you 2/5s of the time.

1) Observe relative quickness (despite not great maneuverability) camo, 10 degrees of depression and view range.  

2) Then remember that the T-43, 3002D and panther are also tier 7 mediums.

3) Fall on your knees and thank SerB. Rejoice. 

Really fun tank. E8 was OK, but I am happy to have a lightish/TDish/medium instead of that with the T-20. 

Also 160 pen for a quick medium can do more for you thank you think.  SIf you are decent at ammo management you don't need to run full goldspam. 

Also, I've probably mentioned this before, but if the T20's low paper DPM is actually getting to you, you're playing too far forward. Like any other tank the T20 should be up close when top tier, but otherwise the "best" way to play the tank is a lot more hellcat/leo/TD-esque than one might assume. It'll feel dirty playing semi-passively with a huge batch of gold, but you'll get absurdly good results for doing it.

Comet is very bad compared to the T20 currently. Its DPM only really comes into play in extended CQC fights. This and the extra 2 degrees of gun depression are its only real advantages over the T20. I could entertain the idea of the Comet being competitive while it had a decent mantlet, but now that the armor is not considerably better than the T20's, the comparison isn't even fair.