Garbad

Hey rich folk, want to give back to an actual hero?

Everything on his registry has been purchased, guess we should get him a key to the City or something ?

But this guy was truly selfless in his actions, he restores my faith in humanity :D

Cutting board? It had better be made of solid gold when he gets one. People like him are far too few these days, and forgotten far too quickly. He deserves a medal this guy.

Hats off. And +1 for the post.

Pepper sprayed the guy while he was reloading and tackled him.

I read the article.  I was referring to Shackram making a smart-ass remark that turns the conversation towards gun control.

I read the article.  I was referring to Shackram making a smart-ass remark that turns the conversation towards gun control.

Er, no he didn't? Looks to me like he was saying the guy was a badass for taking down a guy with a gun without having a gun himself.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/07/seattle-student-credited-with-stopping-campus-gunman-has-wedding-registry/

He got everything on his list, a free honeymoon, and donated the rest to pay for the victim's funeral.

P.S.  Interestingly, he is also guilty of having a weapon on campus, as pepper spray is illegal there.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/07/seattle-student-credited-with-stopping-campus-gunman-has-wedding-registry/

He got everything on his list, a free honeymoon, and donated the rest to pay for the victim's funeral.

P.S.  Interestingly, he is also guilty of having a weapon on campus, as pepper spray is illegal there.

Maybe this will help people realise that having no "armed" (I use this term loosely) persons on a university campus may be the reason why so many people end up dead whenever some whackjob decides to shoot up a school...

Maybe this will help people realise that having no "armed" (I use this term loosely) persons on a university campus may be the reason why so many people end up dead whenever some whackjob decides to shoot up a school...

What's a 5 year gun charge when someone has taken that mental leap to commit capital murder, A deterent? I think not.

What's a 5 year gun charge when someone has taken that mental leap to commit capital murder, A deterent? I think not.

I repeat....

Seriously?

I repeat....

Seriously?

Well the question, IMHO, deserves to be asked:

In America, why do so many mass shootings happen in "gun free zones"?

Location, after all, is an aspect to these crimes.

Well the question, IMHO, deserves to be asked:

In America, why do so many mass shootings happen in "gun free zones"?

Location, after all, is an aspect to these crimes.

I don't disagree at all, and on another platform I'd gladly join battle (Antonio and I have sperged at each other a few times in CR/D), but the mods have decided the forum is better off without these discussions, and I think that should be respected.

Here's another good question:

Ser_G's (Gmoney) post shows 3 upboats. When I clicked it, it showed 4 different people had upboated it, but still showed the number 3. I'm confused.

*edit* Forum software doesn't like me. Refreshed 5 times before the number updated correctly.

Not to add fuel or anything, but weren't there a lot of mass shooting at a bunch of military bases recently, a few naval yards, etc.?  

Let's not forget our statistics people, in that people remember convenient facts (i.e. shootings at "unarmed" locations) versus what really happens (crazy people do crazy things everywhere).

There's a lot of things that are very inconsistent in America... either they are the masters of strawman arguments or....  <something>

Not to add fuel or anything, but weren't there a lot of mass shooting at a bunch of military bases recently, a few naval yards, etc.?  

You may find this hard to believe, but the only Soldiers that walk around a military base armed are the Military Police.  I'm not debating the whole gun rights thing, but just wanted to point out that your point is not really valid.

Let's not forget our statistics people, in that people remember convenient facts (i.e. shootings at "unarmed" locations) versus what really happens (crazy people do crazy things everywhere).

Like someone else said, soldiers are unarmed when on US soil. The only guns on bases are the MP's other than the guys who have personal weapons, but they don't carry them. On base is no different than other other small town somewhere.

Yes, the world would be so much safer if everyone carried a M60 assault rifle at all times. And don't forget your backup bazooka. Better safe than sorry.

How do politicians react to the gun problem?

US politican: "We have a gun problem. How do we solve it? - Throw more guns at it. Anybody not carrying is a sucker."

Politican anywhere else on the world (excluding Jemen, Somalia and the Kongo): "We have a gun problem. How do we solve it? - Let's start with strict legislation limiting access and ownership of guns radically."

Sorry for the stereotype but you have to admit that it does sound absurd. It becomes only remotely understandably if one thinks one step further and realizes that with the amount of guns already in circulation in the USA, it's hard to imagine how gun control legislation could tackle the problem within the near future. Even smart proposals like regulation ammunition sales would probably take a few years before showing significant effects.

At that point, I can start to understand US conservatives ... at least a bit.

Yes, the world would be so much safer if everyone carried a M60 assault rifle at all times. And don't forget your backup bazooka. Better safe than sorry.

US politican: "We have a gun problem. How do we solve it? - Throw more guns at it. Anybody not carrying is a sucker."

Politican anywhere else on the world (excluding Jemen, Somalia and the Kongo): "We have a gun problem. How do we solve it? - Let's start with strict legislation limiting access and ownership of guns radically."

Sorry for the stereotype but you have to admit that it does sound absurd. It becomes only remotely understandably if one thinks one step further and realizes that with the amount of guns already in circulation in the USA, it's hard to imagine how gun control legislation could tackle the problem within the near future. Even smart proposals like regulation ammunition sales would probably take a few years before showing significant effects.

The opposition to gun control has nothing to do with the relative practicality of enforcement, but you are right that confiscation would fail on those grounds if it ever got that far (unlikely).

It has to do with, firstly, Americans do not take kindly to natural and Constitutional rights being infringed, whatever they are.  For instance, US search and seizure laws are quite stringent in part because freedom from unreasonable search & seizure is an enumerated right in the Constitution.  And secondly, there is statistical evidence that permitting law-abiding citizens to carry can decrease crime, through defensive use and/or preventative display of the weapon.

Well, those search and seizure laws get tossed out the window anytime there is weed involved. It's all about selective enforcement. All you can do is make sure you never get on anybody's bad side since if you do, they will probably either kill you or throw you in jail for the rest of your natural life(for a profit even). The world is pretty fucked, but at least it's better than it was in feudal times.

You obviously haven't listened to many US politicians. The only thing keeping Washington from passing strict gun control is that the senators and representatives don't want to get voted out of office next election.

M60 isn't an assault rifle....more a squad level machine gun that VERY few people can actually own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_machine_gun

or another way to look at it....M60 is a tank...and there are people in this game that own it....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_Patton

Statistics prove that areas with higher gun ownership \ more lenient gun laws have lower gun related crime rates \ the most "lethal" as in kills more people in the US every year weapon...handguns... 

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

They tried banning assault weapons in the US (Brady Bill) didn't lower firearm crime rates.

And as always....

Human kills Human with Hammer -> person is responsible

Human kills Human with Car -> person is responsible

Human kill Human with Gun -> Gun is responsible.....er da faq????

Shfty©