Rexxie

IS-7 Exculpation Thread

Yeah I think I need to powergrind my 3rd MOE on this and the T37

Hey Marine, as a friend of the Minions, would you be interested in running a platoon with either the IS-7 or the T37 some time?  Both are new to me and I'm not adjusting as well as I'd like after 15-20 games.  Especially the T37, but I could do more damage in my IS-7.  Watching someone really good in them play would probably be helpful.  I have watched your recent videos on the IS-7 (seems like your decisions one was a risky one to take with respect to arty but you hull-downed like a boss so it was good to watch).

Sure, I wont mind playin a few! just know that my playing time is somewhat limited atm w/ the kid hanging around!

I am also thinking about doing another replay pack, mostly as a self-challenge to damage farm whore improve again my game play in it

Might be the biggest love-hate relationship I have with any tank in the game.  So many games where the armor doesn't work, I get mediocre damage, or I can't find a place to really play it to its strengths.  But the last few days I've actually been enjoying it, getting good damage nearly every game.  Currently at 91.7% on the marks, and though I doubt I'll ever get all three, I've never been this close.  Pulled this game out tonight and it's the first Ace I've had in the IS-7 in quite a while.

7GVLAsH.jpg

jgLJY6X.jpg

OSxU6Lp.jpg

Might be the biggest love-hate relationship I have with any tank in the game.  So many games where the armor doesn't work, I get mediocre damage, or I can't find a place to really play it to its strengths.  But the last few days I've actually been enjoying it, getting good damage nearly every game.  Currently at 91.7% on the marks, and though I doubt I'll ever get all three, I've never been this close.  Pulled this game out tonight and it's the first Ace I've had in the IS-7 in quite a while.

7GVLAsH.jpg

jgLJY6X.jpg

OSxU6Lp.jpg

That basically sums up how I feel about the IS-7. I just can't quite excel in it, which frustrates me to no end, but I get the feeling its at least half tank, half me. 

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/trobs-na-bedce6e5e4e5285f393a593647a4077a/serene_coast-soviet_union-is_7-8003170479348265

Wish I could've got back to base on this one. Such a good game but my E-100 bros were terrrrrible.

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/trobs-na-bedce6e5e4e5285f393a593647a4077a/highway-usa-m103-9084961072058095

Same thing, but armor is OP. Bounces for days.

Don't hate the IS-7. It is love and life.

I'm really torn between the IS-7 and E5. I love the E5's flexibility, workable armor, and good firepower. The IS-7 does the same, but is slightly less maneuverable and that annoys me.

Despite not being able to choose a favorite son, performance is nearly the same overall. The important thing to remember is that the IS-7 is pure sex no matter how you look at it.

I'm really torn between the IS-7 and E5. I love the E5's flexibility, workable armor, and good firepower. The IS-7 does the same, but is slightly less maneuverable and that annoys me.

Despite not being able to choose a favorite son, performance is nearly the same overall. The important thing to remember is that the IS-7 is pure sex no matter how you look at it.

Is-7 is easier to play drunk if that helps.

Is-7 is easier to play drunk if that helps.

~ Congratulations, you have ascended to Alcoholism level 17! ~

All those bottles of vodka have made you a master of sleep deprivation. It was a rough ride, but you know it was worth it. You have gained Delirium (rank 2) boosting your Strenght at the expense of Intelligence and Agility.

Your accuracy firing Russian guns has increased. You gained +1 attack against Germans.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to make this thing work. If anyone has good replays I'd appreciate it.

BurdenedFungus is really, really good. He also has lots of replays in his thread: http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/19330-literally-is-7_jesus-4k-dpg-hype-train-updated-626/&page=1

The most recent one on his dropbox is current patch.

I must say that I'm really happy with the IS-7 even tho it's my first T10 heavy and I can't really compare it with anything. Got it yesterday and only driven it in 10 games so far but they were all enjoyable. The gun feels more than ok and the armour is just so gud! Any of you IS-7 fans out there that can give me some tips on equipment & consumables? I'm currently running rammer, V-stab and vents along with big first aid, big repair and AFE.

9std4IE.jpg

There is a small(and I mean fucking small) strip of autopen on IS7. Can someone confirm?

Through personal experience and looking in tank inspector, yes, I can confirm.

Unlocked this beastie on Monday and have had 7 games with it so far winning 4 and Ace'ing my last game with nearly 5K DMG.  As with all my heavy tanks, it came out of the showroom with a big roundel painted on the turret just so the arties can hit me better.

Appears this "bug" was fixed in 9.9

Is that what they were talking about in the update notes about how vehicles on the IS series chassis vulnerable to being penetrated by low tier guns?

I know I switch favorite tanks like the weather changes, but the IS-7 is fucking legit. That turret... those sideskirts... the mobility... hnnnnnnnnghhhhh...

Edit: This tank is broken as shit. I know this is small sample size and all, but holy crap. It even performs well as a Prokhorovka scout. <3 <3 <3

is-7_is_broken_as_shit.thumb.png.82a4ed6