Private_Miros

WoTLabs World Cup Football Thread

What, did a game of rugby break out on the football field?

Rugby players don't make facial expressions like their leg just got torn off after every fucking tackle. These little overpayed bitches are disgusting to watch.

I thought it was pretty funny when Silva dove after he fouled a Colombian by kicking him in the side of the leg, although he got a yellow card anyways so I guess it balances out...  

Have faith in Fred 8)

FUCK MODERN FOOTBALL! This is a pain to watch. The amount of diving, faking and overpayed cunts that calls themselves footballers is immense.

Yeah more drama than a squad of teenage beauty queen pagent contestants.

Brazil wanted a war. So don't come complaining about losing your best footballer.

Brazil wanted a war. So don't come complaining about losing your best footballer.

Oh wow, did the circlejerk reach WoTLabs too?

Sure man, and Colombia just wanted peace and love, this is why Neymar is in the hospital, Hulk took a cleat to the knee and David Luiz took a kick to the gut.

Get real, both teams acted like savages because the ref let them, trying to pin the blame on Brazil is plain stupidity.

And PS: No, I don't cheer for Brazil, I'm a Netherlands fan as I've already stated here before.

Oh wow, did the circlejerk reach WoTLabs too?

Sure man, and Colombia just wanted peace and love, this is why Neymar is in the hospital, Hulk took a cleat to the knee and David Luiz took a kick to the gut.

Get real, both teams acted like savages because the ref let them, trying to pin the blame on Brazil is plain stupidity.

And PS: No, I don't cheer for Brazil, I'm a Netherlands fan as I've already stated here before.

It's not really a circlejerk when it's true...

Brazil wanted war, Colombia (equally wrongly) responded in kind. Colombia still played best whne they had the chance, but Brazil was the better anti-football fighting team.

It's not really a circlejerk when it's true...

Brazil wanted war, Colombia (equally wrongly) responded in kind. Colombia still played best whne they had the chance, but Brazil was the better anti-football fighting team.

I'm talking about a Brazil-hate circlejerk, just go on Reddit to see what I mean.

War? Come on, Brazil wanted to do what others have been doing to Neymar the entire cup: Prevent the opponents' best player from playing. This is hardly a "war". When the fouls on Rodriguez went over the ref's head Colombia got violent against Brazil, which made Brazil play even more violently, and so on and so forth... a vicious cycle set in motion because the ref didn't do his one fucking job.

I don't blame anyone but the ref here, not Brazil, not Colombia. ANY teams in an "all or nothing" match would have gotten violent if the ref didn't impose his authority on the field.

Have faith in Fred 8)

You know, Fred might actually do something now. The problem with Fred is that he's a third wheel. In order for him to be effective, the team needs to play for him, and set him up for a goal, however the team was playing for Neymar, so Fred was essentially useless.

Brasil is just an overrated trash team for the past 12 years, the got murdered by France in 2006, failed against Netherlands in 2010 and i hope they either get stomped by the germans or other wise fail in the final...

Brasil plays bad football, does nothing but diving and makes nothing by dirtyss fouls, while acting they did nothing wrong....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNxDze0Ggag

ps: brasil got butchered so hard...

Thing is that while Brazil used to have lot's of sympathy from all over the world, for their football, for their positive approach to the game, while being succesful, 

Nowadays Brazil has lost all of that. 

I am anti diving/flopping/pussy teams.  This means I hate Italians and Brazil.  I will hate the American team if they start doing it.

FIFA NEEDS to fix this, they need to hit this shit with the heavy end of a hammer so nobody even thinks about diving again.  Fines don't work because the players will just get checks from fanatics of their country if it results in a win.  If baseball can use instant replays now, then god damn it, this sport can as well.

Argentina - Belgium coming up.

Argentina reinforcing their defence. Belgium reinforcing their attack...

We might lose Alderweireld though... Ciman (reserve player in the Belgian national league) vs Di Maria then.. Welp.

Thing is that while Brazil used to have lot's of sympathy from all over the world, for their football, for their positive approach to the game, while being succesful, 

Nowadays Brazil has lost all of that. 

On that I agree completely. That's why I don't cheer for them anymore.

There is a simple reason their gameplay is all about fouling nowadays: Counter-attacks. Their forwards are completely inept at tight marking opponents, so they can't prevent counter-attacks from happening unless they foul them, which gives time for the defenders to get back into position.

It's ugly, but it's also effective. Brazil wouldn't be in the semi-finals and wouldn't have won the Confederations Cup if it wasn't for it.

Again, not condoning it, this shitty playstyle is why I stopped cheering for them in the first place, regardless of how effective it is. I grew up watching 1994-2002 Brazil when they were in one of their top forms. In 2002 I also happened to move to the Netherlands where I started watching a lot of Dutch football and at the same time watching the pathetic decline of the Brazilian team.

Gah, we could've won this. Should've won this. This Argentina is not good.

All in all decent tournament for the Belgians, second youngest team. Great learning experience. But I wish they would've played better in their last game.

Gah, we could've won this. Should've won this. This Argentina is not good.

All in all decent tournament for the Belgians, second youngest team. Great learning experience. But I wish they would've played better in their last game.

We haven't got the right mentality yet for games like these.

A lot of matches are won this way, score goal, organisation, win. Germany did it, Brazil kinda did it with war.

Edit: Also, there should be a rule, like hockey(?), when you lie down "injured wink wink", you should go out of the field for 5 minutes. If you aren't injured, you've fucked up your own team, if you are, you need that time anyway. Stops people from falling and staying on the ground for too long.

Again a tense game but costa rica had 1 and a half chance in 90 mins while we got a shitload so Im confident we can get to the semifinal still.

Again a tense game but costa rica had 1 and a half chance in 90 mins while we got a shitload so Im confident we can get to the semifinal still.

You're lucky that Costa Rica didn't get the penalty though.

You're lucky that Costa Rica didn't get the penalty though.

you mean when martins indi pushes that guy away from a low cross? Wasnt really a 100% penalty for me but yeah he could have given it.

One of their defenders should have had a second yellow though for his foul on robben.