CenturionofRome72

What would a better player than i have done to win this game?

In a standard battle on hidden village, the game ends up me(is-3) vs a borsig and 2 arty. I am in the middle of the map from finishing an is-8 and know the rhm is either camping near my cap or moving to the cap. I try and spot him by poking the middle ridge and get lit. Arty misses and i try and go back to the north to come at my base from their. He starts capping and i barely get back in time. He out spots me and bounces but the cap is full by the time i light him.

What should i have done in this position to secure the win because admittedly i had no plan other than to hope he bounced. Thanks.

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/926548#self

Thanks for moving this to the correct place mods:)

My first points are towards those 2 hits you got in the beginning, trading shots with T-54, and taking that hit from the IS3.

You should have backed before your fired, instead of waiting totally outside of any hard cover.

And with the IS3, you basically gave him a free shot on your lower frontalplate, where you better off should have been right behind the rocks instead of backing that much off.

The worst part about this map is that it is more or less 3 lanes, and the only route you could take from the position you where when the cap started, would basically be your doom, since artillery would just give you cancer, if not the Borsig would've blapped you with his APCR.

Those mistakes didn't actually influence the defeat, but if you had more of your health, you could've approached the flag from the center/north and hoped that RNG would be merciful regarding artillery, as you would most likely be able to take the hit from the Borsig.

Then again, winning against 2 artillery with ~100HP would probably make your pulse raise by some beats.

So I guess you should be more careful about how you approach enemies, and the posture and position of your tank as enemies approach you, or otherwise.

Also, I'm not really surprised by all the gold spam towards you, but it is still utterly disgusting.

My first points are towards those 2 hits you got in the beginning, trading shots with T-54, and taking that hit from the IS3.

You should have backed before your fired, instead of waiting totally outside of any hard cover.

And with the IS3, you basically gave him a free shot on your lower frontalplate, where you better off should have been right behind the rocks instead of backing that much off.

The worst part about this map is that it is more or less 3 lanes, and the only route you could take from the position you where when the cap started, would basically be your doom, since artillery would just give you cancer, if not the Borsig would've blapped you with his APCR.

Those mistakes didn't actually influence the defeat, but if you had more of your health, you could've approached the flag from the center/north and hoped that RNG would be merciful regarding artillery, as you would most likely be able to take the hit from the Borsig.

Then again, winning against 2 artillery with ~100HP would probably make your pulse raise by some beats.

So I guess you should be more careful about how you approach enemies, and the posture and position of your tank as enemies approach you, or otherwise.

Also, I'm not really surprised by all the gold spam towards you, but it is still utterly disgusting.

Thanks for the analysis. I will work on conserving more hp and my positioning.

One thing I got from this is RNG was pretty good to you, you snapshotted quite a few things, and it might have worked well in your favor this game but russian accuracy is trolly. The T34 and is8 bounced you, which was also pretty lucky because they had good shots on you. You took 2 needless hits from the is3 and t54. Also, you shouldn't have pushed the IS-8 alone, even if he was shit and you took only one shot. If he were even slightly competent you would be dead.