Treeburst

Fine... T-10 appreciation thread

In most situations in an IS-3, relying on the side armor is easier than relying on the turret. Sidescraping it can eat literally any shot that isn't explosive. So, unless there's some strange team composition, it's to the buildings. Actually using the gun depression of it is an annoyance outside of the comfort zone when you don't have any corners to work with.

The T-10, on the other hand, needs to use the gun depression more. If I load up a game and see E75, ST-I, IS-7 etc. on the other team there's no way I'm going to choose to brawl with them as first option unless we way outnumber their heavies. Against that I'm simply worse in a head to head fight. So, more often than not it's better off bullying mediums, depressing the gun much more. As an added bonus it also has the gun handling to take the longer range shots that usually entails.

I think you'd be much better off if you got out of the habit of ceding brawls to other heavies. Because you like fighting meds, you notice the gun depression moreso than the rest of us. Against heavies, it's not a big deal.

Anyway, the IS-8 is perfectly capable of brawling an E-75/ST-I/etc - HEAT is incredible here, as is the fact you out-reload any of the other heavies. When you couple this with the fact the IS-8 nearly always gets a good amount of say in where an engagement takes place, it's really a nonissue. If you get that first pen in before the other guy knows what's happening, you've already won the brawl.

Driving into chokepoints, out brawling everyone, and then cruising around the map cleaning everyone else up has gotten me really insane results in my T-10/111. There are very few situations will I try to compete with T9/10 meds except on perhaps on Serene Coast or Prokh, for example.

Driving into chokepoints, out brawling everyone, and then cruising around the map cleaning everyone else up has gotten me really insane results in my T-10/111. There are very few situations will I try to compete with T9/10 meds except on perhaps on Serene Coast or Prokh, for example.

Really?
My primary consideration in the IS-8 was to go to use the flexibility to win the most important theater, even if it is a traditionally medium area.  I'm surprised to here you say that the brawl area is your default.

...the most important theater is virtually always the brawl area too...

Fair enough, but are you likely to take it:

• city on live oaks?
  • west on steppes?
  • south on fjords?
  • tank alley on himmelsdorf?
  • city on windstorm?

I had been operating under the impression that there are more medium spots worth taking the T-10 than just prok and serene coast.

In addition, if I start heading off to the brawling section of the map, and notice a lemming rush to the other side, I'd been turning around to lead the train.  

• Live Oaks' city, yes. Just sort of depends, usually it's better to go city in any game where there is an arty presence. Don't ever go down the rails on live oaks in a T10 MT heavy game, they will destroy you.
  • Nope, won't go west on steppes. There's typically a fair few heavies (usually the smaller ones) that go east regardless, I don't know if I'd call it a "traditionally medium" flank.
  • Typically not south on fjords. Won't go south on fjords in most of my tanks. It's not really a good zone for brawling, it's a good zone for stalling and "tanking". Not many shots to be had there, not sure if peekaboo around a single corner is really considered brawling.
  • Sure, I'll go tank alley! Especially from the spawn that gets the hulldown rubble position.  If I get the other spawn, I like to get early shots in through the windows of the houses beside tank alley and then decide from there.
  • Very much like city on windstorm, yep! The medium locations on this map are either not very strong (middle) or very risky (north). Far better off in the city unless there's a lot of T10 TDs and HTs pouring into the city.

I wasn't really being thorough when naming off times where I'll deviate from the norm and stop brawling, it's just that that is, by far, the norm. Some maps either just don't have any brawl zone or it's piss poor, like Fjords or the now-removed South Coast.

I see what Rexxie is saying about going brawling. Been trying to choose to go knife fight when before I wouldn't have and it really works. My win rate in it is going up noticeably. I didn't think that a bit of speed, DPM, and gold when needed could be as useful as hull armor, but it can get really big games.

5BmZvfW.jpg?1

CPqXQxH.jpg?1

What happens when you give your T-10 all the goodies, with a dank Crew!

v3Hv5ww.png

The DPM is 150 less than a fully decked Conq!

Wait what's all the goodies?
I specifically retrained my IS-2B crew to this tank to have a tier 9 available in case platoons (Well that + lorraine + M103 but... you know) and they need to retrain but I still want a decent outfit.

Wait what's all the goodies?
I specifically retrained my IS-2B crew to this tank to have a tier 9 available in case platoons (Well that + lorraine + M103 but... you know) and they need to retrain but I still want a decent outfit.

BIA, vents, rammer, food. These are the goodies for DPM boost.

I bought the T-10 coming from the ST-1. I have everything except the top turret & engine.

How exactly do you brawl in a T-10 given the weaker staying power, the inability to conduct engagements like a nuanced super heavy and the limiting dependency on your team's depth of area control?

What exactly makes the T-10 shine brighter to SHT?

How frequently do situations come up where you want to be in a T-10? (when winning is concerned)

Only 13 battles so far and I'm salty like a snail. I'm sure my views are subject to change, I hope.

23 hours ago, Casas5591 said:

I bought the T-10 coming from the ST-1. I have everything except the top turret & engine.

How exactly do you brawl in a T-10 given the weaker staying power, the inability to conduct engagements like a nuanced super heavy and the limiting dependency on your team's depth of area control?

What exactly makes the T-10 shine brighter to SHT?

How frequently do situations come up where you want to be in a T-10? (when winning is concerned)

Only 13 battles so far and I'm salty like a snail. I'm sure my views are subject to change, I hope.

Its not really about staying power. Its about being able to bring a 122mm gun to almost anywhere on the map.

Its all about flexibility. When you get the top engine you will notice that the T 10 moves at almost identical speed of the   E-50 if not better in some cases when first accelerating. (Not sure how well the E 50 accelerates)

Then you have the gun handling which is the best gun handling 122mm outside of the 121's 122mm gun.

Probably another thing to point out that this turret is phenomenal. Small over match zones, with small cupolas. Front mounted turret like many RU heavies also makes it really good.

As long as this thing can stay hull down then you should be fine in not taking damage.

Being able to counter enemy mediums, and get into early positions is all what the T 10 is good about.

Its able to conduct engagements in a similar way like the old T 54.

3 hours ago, PrimeDynasty said:

4 Days of Stronks + Campaign=Researched:T-10 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 164700. Free Experience spent: 0.

You are going to love it fam since you enjoyed the WZ 111111111111111111111111 4

Thank you for the advice, Rojo. I'm getting the hang of it and I should reach entry level purple. They're more difficult than I anticipated but with that difficulty comes a particular level of efficiency. Heaviums are interesting to say the least.

1 minute ago, Casas5591 said:

Thank you for the advice, Rojo. I'm getting the hang of it and I should reach entry level purple. They're more difficult than I anticipated but with that difficulty comes a particular level of efficiency. Heaviums are interesting to say the least.

Heavy mediums tend to have great game-play qualities. Like when you get the hang of it. It actually makes this game some what enjoyable. I do plan on buying back the 113, and the WZ 111111111 4 put some digi camo on that, and then more heavium tanks. Probably another reason why I enjoy the E 50M so much.

Instead of Heavium can we just call them Pocket Heavies. (of course the reference comes from the Pocket Battleship term that used used to describe the WWII german warships Admiral Graf Spee and co.)

Medium mobility, Medium armor, Heavy tank gun! Pocket Heavy

Cruiser mobility, Cruiser Armor, Battleship guns! Pocket Battleship

52 minutes ago, rojo180 said:

Heavy mediums tend to have great game-play qualities. Like when you get the hang of it. It actually makes this game some what enjoyable. I do plan on buying back the 113, and the WZ 111111111 4 put some digi camo on that, and then more heavium tanks. Probably another reason why I enjoy the E 50M so much.

Instead of Heavium can we just call them Pocket Heavies. (of course the reference comes from the Pocket Battleship term that used used to describe the WWII german warships Admiral Graf Spee and co.)

Medium mobility, Medium armor, Heavy tank gun! Pocket Heavy

Cruiser mobility, Cruiser Armor, Battleship guns! Pocket Battleship

Yeah,  I like to think heavy-mediums subclasses have a lot of potential. A E25'ed 100mm on a chassis similar the T-10 would be interesting. Or another RU heavy line centric on stacking tons of speed & HP/armor at the cost of gunnery.

Pocket heavies is a true and accurate term. It's easy to take it literally for a lot of people. I thought you were referring to size at first with tanks like the Matilda or AMX 40. The T-10 can certainly keep safe by means of minimalization and ironically enough better then the former 2^

So worth being near broke at 300,000 credits a standard account though.

50 minutes ago, Casas5591 said:

Yeah,  I like to think heavy-mediums subclasses have a lot of potential. A E25'ed 100mm on a chassis similar the T-10 would be interesting. Or another RU heavy line centric on stacking tons of speed & HP/armor at the cost of gunnery.

Pocket heavies is a true and accurate term. It's easy to take it literally for a lot of people. I thought you were referring to size at first with tanks like the Matilda or AMX 40. The T-10 can certainly keep safe by means of minimalization ironically enough better then the former 2^

So worth being near broke at 300,000 credits though with a standard account though.

I wouldn't trade any gun handling for anything. EVER!

145 games later, I've netted a 58% W/R & 2.2k DPG for M.o.E #2. This tank is a never ending orgasm compared to my ST-1 and M46.

The T-10 is the pinnacle of the IS line philosophy. IS-7 looks like a bad T110E5.

The mobility is real at last! The IS and IS-3 feel like in-betweens of MT & HT mobility. 35kph isn't special honestly when the T32 & Tiger II have relative top speed and B class acceleration rates to the A class of IS-3.

The T-10's 50kph speed means it can do early damage to a presently FUBAR flank & relocate semi-safely to do more damage else place. 50kph mobility also means I can scout heavy lanes and make judgement calls on whether to roll with mediums or heavies based on the speads.

Armor oh yes, I fucking love it coming from the ST-1, T32, & Tiger (P). Do you know what these tanks have in common? Abusing armor in the most unfair way possible. I do this by using curvy cover + snapshot, hull down so ezy with -5 depression, cash money HP, reverse sidescraping because it's worth the chance fee to pretty much go E-75 mode and it's easy to exit out of, and lastly, invisibility sniping. Why do I snipe?

Well because I'm fast enough to react, it gives better archs of fire and it saves HP + time; I do overwatch like no other. I'm speaking only in flank preservation in open maps and doing damage as fast as possible to preserve the team HP.

In CQC with flat ground in a L-shaped cityscape, yeah that's where the armor becomes zilch. Relying on inferior creatures fucking sucks; heavy brawls become so disorganized and ineffectual to influence if you can't dictate them. All you do is damage, whereas your SHT anchors a good zone, damages, bounces better in L-corners. If your HT fails 1 of the three, goodbye flank.

I usually die in these zones because I'm a retard at this game and don't take the hint till it's too late. I escape very late thinking I can go 60kph, pehhh fuck me.

I still go to the heavy zones first because of two reasons. I need to maximize my Madoka-tier 340 HEAT to do what pub cannot do, use gold ammo against toughies. I also think it's easier to kite HT's with that mobility and defensible terrain conveniently placed around caps.

One can argue though that overwhelming firepower will seal the flank faster on the medium side but is that also wasted damage on your part? I'm still pondering what's better. Finishing a MT flank ASAP only for your MT's to go into the worse locations possible and camp. Or roll with the HT's, cripple tough shit, bail out as HT lane falls and see the MT struggle somehow. At the end of the day, I'm not a fucking babysitter. If you can't tank shit with the Action X or STB turret, you deserve to lose.

About the gun. It's good. It handles well for me without anything but VS. It's just good. Keep in mind .36 accuracy when sniping. It's going to miss but you're going thank Jove it's only a 10.68 reload instead of a 13 - 15 of a E-75. I think to improve sniping capabilities, go vents + via instead to squeeze 2 shots in a window of opportunity instead of 1.

I roll with Rammer/VS/Optics for lane spotting and carrying against bushes foes. I think @Rojo180 20% stack works nicely for the T-10 because mobility/vision/F.accuracy/DPM is used frequently by the tank.

So in brief:

Should you buy the T-10: Yes

Does the T-10 have mobility: Yes, it accelerates amazingly and the top speed is 50kph. You'll wish it was 60kph since it's easy to underestimate a E-75's or anythings mobility.

Does the T-10 have armor: Yes for the most part. If you're nuanced on HT gimmicks and IS opportunist/weasel play then it'll treat you good. If you're in the open brawling fairly and squarely against MT's then you'll pay the price (you'll have to sometimes for the win). -1 tiers can be clubbed with ease with sidescrape or facehugging.

What is are the unavoidable cons of the T-10: No armor in L-zones so it can't out tank +1 tiers unless you're supporting a meat shield in World of No Teamwork. It lacks intimidation power to be the anchor. For me, this means I'm at 58% instead of 64% in my ST-1.

Is the T-10 fun: Yes. Yes again. Who needs winning when you're a heavy tank going 50kph with a 270mm turret and 440 autopen cannon with acceptable handling.

Does the T-10 have a good gun: Yes, better then the ST-1's gun because you can shift it around FAST. 10.68 seconds is not too painful to snipe with.

Should you purposely sell the T-10 at 50% price and rebuy the T-10 again so you can buy the T-10 twice instead of once: Yes. Definitely.

Have to say I'm loving this thing but how the heck much damage does one need in order to get three marks? Vbaddict says I'm at 3050 for marks and at a lottle over 100 games I'm at 2825 dpg and 560 assist,  and yet I'm sitting at less than 90 percent.

5 hours ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

how the heck much damage does one need in order to get three marks?

5 hours ago, ProfessorMunroe said:

Vbaddict says I'm at 3050

vba also says how much you ~need for the next mark...