Treeburst

Fine... T-10 appreciation thread

5 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

... all of them? Just don't autoaim, shoot for the superstructure and try to not hit the gun

Well, i wouldn't risk that much. HE has an alarming tendency of dealing next to no damage randomly due to marginal deviations. Anything under 400 HPs, you're better off just using APs tbh. The chance of lowrolling that much is still less risky, to me, than an HE shell.

eh, true enough.  I tend to have AP loaded by the time I come across arty anyways since I don't really think about it, but generally I find that as long as I take the time to aim properly with HE then RNG won't fuck me by putting it into their tracks or into the front hull plate of a GWE100 or whatever

On 4/6/2016 at 11:39 PM, igorCRO said:

Well, I quoted you but it don matter (not really on topic).... can someone enlighten me which sky-cancer is even worth to shoot with HE?!

Thanks

Lets put this in the categorical proposition.

Conditions: you have tier 9 or 10 arty to kill, you are low on HP by the end of the game. Splash could kill you. The sky pig has more than 440 hp - Almost every tier 9 & 10 has more besides frenchies. G.W. Tiger has 500 HP, rest have 450-460.

Exampla 1. There is an arty. You hit it with AP, and left it on low health. By the time you reload, arty is loaded too, and derp you to oblivion . You lose.

Example 2. You hit it with HE and kill it, You win.

Example 3. You hit it with HE, for no pen. But you did 100-150 dmg, potentially some module/crew dmg and often tracked. Your next shot will be AP, for sure kill. Even if you do not one shot it, you have guaranteed that the next shot would be a kill unless it shots you first.

I do use HE on E 50/M more often, because it has lower alpha, 390 is not enough for most arties it can see, while HE has 510 alpha - enough for all but 2 arties in the game, and you can pray for a high roll. Still strong enough to ensure that next shot would be kill even if you splash only. Also, better acc makes it easier to hit weakspots.

So, in scenarios where you lose shooting HE you would lose by shooting AP, too. And You have a pretty good chance of destroying it from one shot.

This makes essentially shooting every tier 9-10 arty with 390-440 alpha AP/APCR and 500+ alpha on HE a no-risk high reward gamble unless you can finish it off with a ram fast enough after your 1st shot.

Welp, ezmode HT-15.2 on Abbey (because lol top tier and only one t9 heavy on their team who isn't as good at his tank as I am at mine):

5iwKpoC.jpgmhIGqrt.jpg

Bonus points: Had ~100 hp near the end, our team is capping and there are four remaining enemies, all on the west.  One of them is dumb and keeps driving towards our base, he gets nuked by one of our shitter camping TD's.  The other three are driving back north to reset, and I'm sitting hull down behind that rock on the northern part of the ridge, right next to the cutout that you can spot/shoot base from.

T-54 shows up.  Blap him in the front, he bounces my turret, comes around the rock to get my side, I prepare for the end... he misses.  I'm reloaded, blap him, he dies.  Enemy T-10 barrels in from the other side of the rock while reloading, getting shot a bunch in the process by our base cappers, as I back out and around to get my front to him.

He bounces.  I don't. He dies.

The last guy went on the lower road and got removed by the base cappers before I could get my gun on him so I missed the top gun and probably an ace tanker.

Victory Serene Coast T-10 Experience received:2,237    Credits earned 87,915   (compensation for damage caused by allies: 1,852)  Battle achievements 2 Marks of Excellence, Top Gun, High Caliber, Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker" Repairs:    -15 306   Ammunition:    -17 865   Consumables:    -3 000   Total:    51 744      WN8: 11 342 (100) 

holy fuck this tank is so good

title change HYPE

I attribute this to getting mostly tier 9 matches earlier today, but so far my winrate in this tank today is 87.5% over 16 battles (with the two losses being just now, during the evening when the retards log on) with 4350 WN8.  I've gotten two ace tankers and my 2nd MoE today, shit's cray.

What a great tank

One thing I like about it is that I can somewhat reliably use the tank itself as a weapon against lights, mediums, and a lot of same-or-lower tier heavies if i don't want to waste a shell.  There's no other tank I play where running out of ammo is a serious concern more than 5% of the time except this one, so anything I can do to not waste a shot on a 10-hp target helps

484 battles, including when it was the IS-8. I loved it as the 8, I love it even more as the T-10. I play as a meavium unless top tier.

Just shy of a 55% WR, and just touching 2K avg WN8 overall with this wonderful tank, and I am a green scrub. 

Says a lot about the tank itself.

The T-10 is such a beast when played properly. I'm actually reluctant to buy the IS-7 because it kind of feels like it would be a waste of credits and not necessarily an improvement on the T-10. Plus the T-10 has been just so immensely enjoyable. It has also been my first tank that I have been able to get 2 MOEs on and average almost 62% WR.

On 5/28/2016 at 1:00 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

The T-10 is such a beast when played properly. I'm actually reluctant to buy the IS-7 because it kind of feels like it would be a waste of credits and not necessarily an improvement on the T-10. Plus the T-10 has been just so immensely enjoyable. It has also been my first tank that I have been able to get 2 MOEs on and average almost 62% WR.

Tbh I'm almost wishing I skipped the IS-7 and stuck with the T-10. Compared to the T-10 it feels like I'm fighting against my tank's shortcomings a lot more often (worthless lower plate, shit gun, not as maneuverable) without much to compensate for it.

I'll buy back my T-10 but I need a fourth girlcrew first since I only have 3 atm

I recently rebought this tank to fix my horrid stats in it, like 40% winrate from way back when.  It was one of my first 9s

Holy shit it's good now.  Great speed, gun handling, workable armor.  Module damage doesn't seem as common.  Probably my favorite 9 at the moment.

On 6/2/2016 at 10:28 AM, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Tbh I'm almost wishing I skipped the IS-7 and stuck with the T-10. Compared to the T-10 it feels like I'm fighting against my tank's shortcomings a lot more often (worthless lower plate, shit gun, not as maneuverable) without much to compensate for it.

I'll buy back my T-10 but I need a fourth girlcrew first since I only have 3 atm

I actually think that the T-10 feels more like a tier 10 than the IS-7 from everything I've read and seen about it. The IS-7 just seems so average right now. I may just wait until it is buffed, if ever, to buy it. The T-10 on the other hand will always be in my garage. It's just such a good all around machine.

I play this tank much worse than my is-3 (i'm still learning it), but i really like it...

Crew has 2 skills (repair+handling+safe stowage, bia, now retraining repair)

I run rammer, vert, optics, but i'm not good at hiding my lfp and the tank is made of ammorack... Do you guys consider viable switching optics for wet ammo?

1 hour ago, Maxwell x90x said:

I play this tank much worse than my is-3 (i'm still learning it), but i really like it...

Crew has 2 skills (repair+handling+safe stowage, bia, now retraining repair)

I run rammer, vert, optics, but i'm not good at hiding my lfp and the tank is made of ammorack... Do you guys consider viable switching optics for wet ammo?

I would be surprised if anyone said anything but 'no' to that. 

It sounds like your ammorack problem can be solved through reducing your exposure time (check good streamers etc.) and a bit of knowledge of where not to be hit in the tank / which parts to especially keep safe.

Out of curiosity, where is your sixth sense in that skill/prek list?

5 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Out of curiosity, where is your sixth sense in that skill/prek list?

simply didn't bother to write it down, it's oblviously there :3

BTW i made a mistake, on my gunner i left repair and i'm now retraining snap shot, not the other way... i'm now at around 50% of the third skill

yep, i know, i meant i had gone like:

repair->rep+snap->rep+BIA->rep+BIA+50%snap

my complete crew setup now it's

1. BIA

2. repair, repair, safe stowage, sixth sense

3. 50% repair, repair, snap shot, clutch braking

(btw how the hell did my recent win rate got back up by 1% from yesterday without me playing a single game:kjugh:)

Regarding the ammorack:

This goes for most post-WWII Soviet tanks, but iirc there's more ammo storage on the right side of the hull than the left.

I've gotten rack damage through the left side of the pike before but far less often than getting shot in the right.  However, the best solution is to not get shot in the hull if at all possible

After IS-3 i wasn't sure if i wanted to buy (IS-8) T10 because alot of people told me that it was simply bad compared to other t9 heavys,so after the buffs i decieded to give it a try.

Was very pleasently surprised about the tank overall performace (stable gun handling,pretty darn good mobility,respectable aim time and alpha) even the hull armor can be surprisingly bouncy,witch was making me think that i was starting to bounce more shots then my IS-3.

Overall solid tenku even without stalinium armor :awyeah:

I finally rebought this, ended up moving my girl loader off the T-62A since I don't play that often enough and I really wanted it back.

Still have some issues with the ammorack every time I get shot in the hull but eventually you just learn to not be a dumbass and overexpose, or just deal with the increased reload time.  Still a better tier 9 than the T-54 IMO.

E: also, is it just me or is the AP shell velocity higher than normal?