And I find more uses for HESH in randoms than I do HEAT. What do you people fire HEAT at? I get that it can be used for E100 frontal turret etc, but are you really in that position that often?

Yes.  I'd rather have a hotter APCR vs. HEAT, but yes.  All the time.

It isn't just E100 front ends, it's 263s, and IS7/4, and, and, and....  Please skip the LFP and shooting wamprats at 400 meters discussion, because if I could I would.  It's the fact that 268<330 for every other T10 med (Anything?) out there.  

It's just lacking the go-to for the clutch shot.

Yes.  I'd rather have a hotter APCR vs. HEAT, but yes.  All the time.

It isn't just E100 front ends, it's 263s, and IS7/4, and, and, and....  Please skip the LFP and shooting wamprats at 400 meters discussion, because if I could I would.  It's the fact that 268<330 for every other T10 med (Anything?) out there.  

It's just lacking the go-to for the clutch shot.

Oh, I'm not saying there's no benefit, just that I rarely actually do end up firing HEAT. I guess I should try it out more, even at range I usually just fire apcr at a 263, never really tried HEAT for that.

The information we have indicates yes, but it'll be a while yet before the Action X and Chieftain arrive and things can change.

I like the FV4202 admittly it my first T10 meduim i can live with the 40 top speed (to me high speed tend to get you killed quicker) the RoF buff is really nice i would play it more often but i currently aiming to grind some other tanks (which i wont say here).

one the nice thing i will admit is for some reason I love the HESH the british get dont use any premium HESH i prefer the cheap version, i can guess off the top of my head which tanks i want to fire HESH at and what not to shoot at. admitly thanks to my constant enjoyment of the cent 7 i can to the understanding it is better to use HESH as more of a flanking ammo due to it having better pen the normal HE shells, admittly the gold version frontally cant be used to help to fight the more heavly armored tanks if you find yourself in a tricky spot. the cheap stuff i use most for arty, the german turreted TD line (no end to the enjoyment when they rage). only tanks i dont shoot HESH at is the T9 and T10 german/soviet heavys and the JG panzer e100 there a few more but not making a list.

all in all a very fun tank, question this action X what the speculation i know it replacing the FV4202 and wont be done for a while but what are you guys are kinda hoping for?

Wait, you don't have camo skill on your 4202?

Get it ASAP. The 4202 actually has decent camo, and is a trait worth enhancing. I actually went camo ahead of repairs.

right, I shall do Camo. I do admit, a few days ago when I convinced the caller to take my 4202 into a stronkhold skirmish, I outspotted a batchat on kormarin AND fired at him through a bush without being spotted, at a much closer range than I expected to be able to stay dark in.  as for not already having Camo, this crew started on the Comet, and went through both centurions. I went repairs on the Comet, and neither of the Cents have much camo so I didn't feel that it was worth it, and after the cents I half expected the 4202 to have similar camo values. 

all in all a very fun tank, question this action X what the speculation i know it replacing the FV4202 and wont be done for a while but what are you guys are kinda hoping for?

honestly, if the Action X has the same stats as the 4202, with a strong turret, then it will be almost perfect for me. if they made the top speed even 45kph, It would probably start getting into CW viable territory. 

hmm yea out of all honestly if WG keeps the same stats as the 4202 but it has better turret armor sounds prefect, if it also gets a better speed i would welcome that i dont mind the 40 top speed but it is strange that compared to most meduims it is rather slow and annoying when you got heavys going faster then you or it if you have to relocate to support a flank.

i do enjoy the tank but the way this tank is design ingame to me is fairly baffling. i try to to expose my turret as little as possible but for a tank with great gun depression the lack of turret armor is strange, you do get the occasional bounce but for me most of the time most shoots are pening and killing my loader or gunner. i try pulling back as soon as i fire but so far i not having much luck dodging shells.

buff turret? becomes beast

buff turret AND speed? OP as fuk, you'd be able to eat away any medium you want

Also, anyone else bouncing jagE100 shots from that upper front plate?

This thing is just so much fun... Still holding highest soloWR too

It wouldn't be OP at all. It just wouldn't be trash anymore.

Picked this up a little while ago when tier 10s were 15% off. Previously it was on my list of "researched but never purchased" tier 10s, alongside the JPE and T92, but the possibility of a free premium...

Got Ace the second match, low bar set there (1,209 XP base). I've played six whole matches, maybe 30-40 minutes of driving time, and every single minute was spent mentally urging the vehicle to go faster. It's infuriating to hit that stupid artificial cap when you need to be somewhere. The gun handling is also remarkably poor for something that moves so slowly.

I am not looking forward to losing my 215b, can't wait to get this thing replaced.

honestly, if the Action X has the same stats as the 4202, with a strong turret, then it will be almost perfect for me. if they made the top speed even 45kph, It would probably start getting into CW viable territory. 

Probably not. CW has always been about niche performers, and even then the Action X won't have a viable CW niche. I mean, if you need a hull-down medium, you use the T-62a if you can make -5 work, the 140 if you need -6, and the STB-1 if you need more... and all of those have vastly more DPM.

I do hope the Action X keeps some camo. The FV4202 has enough camo to make it work, and I'd like at least that much camo to make it fun for pubs.

oh i bounce everything off the UFP. Its so troll, I love it. IS-7 rolls corner on me, fires, bounces. *trollface* put shot through drive wheel, perma track him.

Probably not. CW has always been about niche performers, and even then the Action X won't have a viable CW niche. I mean, if you need a hull-down medium, you use the T-62a if you can make -5 work, the 140 if you need -6, and the STB-1 if you need more... and all of those have vastly more DPM.

i Suppose, though the 4202 does have great DPM now, and, assuming the Action X has the same stats, so will it. From what you have said, it sounds like it could work as a backup for an STB if you have none avalible. Though if it still only does 40 it would be a long stretch

From a pubbies point of view, the regular pubbie usually hears of the FV4202 negative stigma and immediately associates it with the tank being weak overall, not knowing that the upper plate is actually quite good they would shoot it. As more players play the fv4202, I suspect the gernerall play base would know more of where and where not to shoot the tank. But hey, I'm not purple so my speculation could just be average dumb pubbie fallacies.

From a pubbies point of view, the regular pubbie usually hears of the FV4202 negative stigma and immediately associates it with the tank being weak overall, not knowing that the upper plate is actually quite good they would shoot it. As more players play the fv4202, I suspect the gernerall play base would know more of where and where not to shoot the tank. But hey, I'm not purple so my speculation could just be average dumb pubbie fallacies.

As my most played tank, I fully agree with you. People underestimate your FV4202 compared with STB for example (my other tier 10) and you can use that! Fewer will focus you, and lots of noobs will bounce off the upper plate. However, good players will pen you unless they get very unlucky. 

Also, the front of the STB can be overmatched, which is rather annoying at corners. The frontal plate of the FV can be used to bait shots, as people will try to shoot down on it and bounce. 

Curiously people praise the gun accuracy and at the same time some says it has bad gun handling ?

The gun is accurate when stationary. It is very rubbish on the move.

The frontal plate of the FV can be used to bait shots, as people will try to shoot down on it and bounce. 

Bait shots with the UFP.  Like pump faking at a corner?

Does it just bounce into the turret ring?  I need to learn these tricks...

Bait shots with the UFP.  Like pump faking at a corner?

Does it just bounce into the turret ring?  I need to learn these tricks...

That generally won't happen (at least not the way I play), with that excellent gun depression, my hull is almost never exposed.

When you're in the 4202 I try to angle the hull a bit sideways to increase effective armor so they shouldn't go in the turret.

When shooting it, just go for the turret really.

Another thing I noticed is the view port getting damaged but not taking vehicle damage. I'm so in love with this thing...

If you angle it at 45-ish degrees, you can bait shots around corners. Expose your upper plate and outer track, but obviously not inner track. Lot of times people will shoot it, and bounce. Then you have 1 -2 shots on them. It works especially well if the enemy is a bit above you or tall tank, since then they have less chances of shooting your lower plate. 

did this against an IS4 at the Himelsdorff hill corner. Bounced 2/3 shots (he got one in me when i committed to killing him) and was able to pen him quite regularly. The trick i found is not to try to go out enough to shoot them, since then they will pen your turret, but to move unpredictably back and forth, showing only a bit of your outer track and top plate....they will fire eventually, especially if you do a suprising move. Then you go and shoot them.

This might seem quite obvious to better players than me, but for me it was a revelation :D Sad that the STB cant do that, since big guns overmatch the front plate, learned that the hard way against E75s... :(

From FTR blog today:

"one Russian web radio recently made an interview with WG producer, Anton “Evilly” Pankov. The most interesting answers are:

- it’s planned that when KV-1S is split into two tanks, players will get both tanks. Details will come later.
- it’s planned that when FV4202 is made a premium tank, it will be given for free to players the way T34 was. Details will come later."

:thumbup:

ooh so it gonna be free (probably change later)

question i wasnt playing when the T34 went premium so what method was that?

ooh so it gonna be free (probably change later)

question i wasnt playing when the T34 went premium so what method was that?

have it in garage, get free tank.

The gun is accurate when stationary. It is very rubbish on the move.

compared to what? It may be fractionally behind the E50Ms on the move accuracy but thats about it