Locoace1

Warhammer Anyone?

For those who like fluff, this AoS was one of the biggest FU's to fans.  Angelic Lizards...WAT?  But from what I understand, the gameplay is a breath of fresh air.  

It kind of reminds me of the SW canon wipe.

just had a game with my knight today first 2 rounds of shooting was glorious but i moved it forward to far and got glanced to death by scatter lasers the next turn.

I've had more of a look at AoS rules and one thing that really confuses me is how are you supposed to make games balanced? There's no point values and most units can apparently have any number of models in them. I guess playing the premade scenarios gets around that, but that'd get boring fast. Of course you can talk it over with your opponent beforehand, but this seems to make pick up games at stores or whatever impossible since there's no baseline for what you're supposed to bring. Is there some method to this madness that I'm missing?

Also echoing the guy lamenting the death of Old World fluff. Fluff and worldbuilding has, in my opinion, always been the strongest point in GW's games. Hell, I wouldn't be paying attention to them a decade after painting my last mini if it weren't for all that. What I've read of the AoS fluff has been extremely unimpressive, coming across as something a 13-year old would write because it's "awesome". I'm kinda getting some hints of Sigmar actually being the bad guy of the new setting, but I have the sinking feeling that's just bad writing instead of a clever twist.

Ugh...  Call me a purist with too much disposable income, but I always disliked the plastic minis.  Sure, some were unavoidable, but I went with metal as often as possible.  My Carnifexes, 'gants, 'gaunts, stealers, Tyrant, biovore, spore mines, and ripper swarm were all metal.  Only plastic 'nids I had were the warriors.

As for the marines, most of my basic troops, heroes, terminators, scouts, speeders, servitors, guns, and assassins were metal.  Tanks and bikes were plastic only, and I did break down and buy some plastic troops when they did a redesign.  Liked the look of the hip fired heavy bolter over the shoulder mount, and the sniper rifle lascannon over that same shoulder mount.

Dammit... now I want to play again.

The GW plastic is far superior to what it was. The latest SM kits are a testament to how much better they have become, they're great on detail and flexibility in poses/kitbashing etc. It's not all terrible monopose boredome anymore.

Anyways, I did not bump this to defend GW plastic (their finecast still sucks, avoid) but to rejoice in some more Shadow War content being released by Forgeworld. The last couple releases have been excellent, but not of personal or affordable interest (Warlord lol, Perturabo, ace model but no interest in IW etc) so I've been ignoring it...but...but now:

I can't direct copy images as I'm on lunch at work but DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN Foregeworld.

Every day sees my defences against investing in the glory of Lorgar crumble slowly. They're such a bunch of whiny little arses but goddamn do they get cool minis and rules....

As for the UMs, a pricey kit but the detailing is to die for. Seriously impressive.

10/10 would buy and go hungry for a month

99560102229_ZarduLayakandBladeslavesBodyguard01.jpg

99590101450_UltramarinesInvictarusSuzerianSquad01.jpg

After coming back from a rather extended hiatus (since the 6th ed. Imperial Guard codex came out, anything interesting happen since then?), I finally got round to finishing (well, there's a couple of details I am yet to get around to on the banner, but otherwise finished) one of my Librarians a I started sometime in 2013, reasonably sure I am the laziest painter around, but I digress, the highlighting is a bit hit and miss, but otherwise I'm fairly happy with how it came out:

(apologies for being bad@photography)

39LOFIl.jpg

BRjoiVA.jpg

And here's a slight Terminator Chaplain conversion I'll be working on sometime soontm:

L7JjeI3.jpg

Swedish comp is half way through beta 9th guys.

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?simple-page/&s=d3bed043f248828537f3a27665e904cd6cdc9297

They have the core rules and some army updates but are working on full army books. This looks good and good by to the cancer known as AOS.

So what Black Library books apart from Cain and Night Lords are worth reading? Please don't recommend Abnett because his style doesn't work for me at all.

Fear to Tread by James Swallow is a goodie. Although his "modern" Blood Angels stuff isn't as strong.

Fulgrim by Graham Mcneill is also very good, though it is in my opinion the most depressing of the HH books so far.

The Dark Eldar omnibus by Andy Chambers is also quite fun if you like novels about the deliciously evil.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head that I have liked recently. 

Well I used to play wfb back when it was good but quit before 8th ed and slowly sold off most of my collection. although I do remember Ben curry's first tournament from baddice 

final built my cataphractii going to try get them painted before i get my plastic ones.

208aa9fbbb.JPG

54a9877c8d.jpg

2fd9405a73.JPG

Solike i dodn't realise the guy with the axes pad was coming off untill i saw it missing on the shelf and started panicking, as i thought it might have throwen it out with the sprue bits. but i found it so it's all good.

On 10/13/2015, 7:21:17, Vindi said:

->dark angels best chapter evah @Storm nice job!

Thanks, I'll picture of the Chaplain when I stop being super lazy, about the only thing I've painted lately, though I'm not sure what it will look like in a picture.

On 10/13/2015, 8:27:25, methebest said:

idk man dark angels are pretty bad they are no longer in black armour. not that that'd be any good either.

But their robes are super neat, I just really like the medieval warrior monk aesthetic they have going on, and in my totally subjective opinion their fluff is more interesting than most other spess muhreen chapters too.

Taking a break from finishing the Dark Angels to start painting my first Leman Russ for next years Armies on Parade (stepping out of lazy comfort zone to learn some new processes so starting early).
Traded my Sigmarites half of the starter set for what I thought was the khorne half, and end. up with an extra 24 Chaos Warriors, Slaughterbrute, Shrine of Chaos, hounds, Chariot, 5 Chaos Ogres and a Daemon prince. All he wanted for the extra stuff was one of the Sigmarite Prosecutor characters.. SOOOOOOLD!

I'll try and get some pics of the Leman Russ this weekend, waiting on the wife to grab me some 505.sPzAbt 1/72 scale transfers off ebay, and need some twist tie wire for the camo net on the barrels.

On 11/21/2015, 11:44:43, methebest said:

So like turns out the dark angles are infact traitor. according to gav thorpe who wrote allot of their fiction.

o.0 what kool aid you been drinkin? I assume your talking about the novel Angels of Darkness where Boreas is talking to the fallen and he is all like "The Lion was waiting to see who won." ?

10 hours ago, DarkApostle said:

o.0 what kool aid you been drinkin? I assume your talking about the novel Angels of Darkness where Boreas is talking to the fallen and he is all like "The Lion was waiting to see who won." ?

Gav thorp was asked in an interview if he had a dark angels army, he then replied by saying that he doesn't play traitors.(jokingly of course.)

I love me Dark Angels, it's obvious in the fact I sold all my other marines when the new Dark Angels codex came out. For some reason, ever since I picked up one of his Last Chancers novels years ago and read one paragraph of that utter tripe, I have disliked Gav Thorpe ever since.

However, I did say fuck that to doing the bone armour on my Deathwing and have done them in first founding colours instead...

I confess Gav Thorpe's writing style drives me utterly batty. He has great ideas but his tendency towards staying in the passive voice, droning on and on. He just leaches any good points out of what ever story he's telling. Man needs to stick to writing flavor text. 

My gaming group have started playing a Necromunda campaign, it's ridiculous fun. I'm running a custom Genestealer Cult gang (which involves slowly taking over an existing House with hybrids, in my case Delaque).

"Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Saviour, The Great Devourer?"

20160109_141442_Richtone%28HDR%29.png