Locoace1

Warhammer Anyone?

Sadly no pics of the dreadnought,but I did use a defilers head and copious amounts of green stuff and spiky bits. ( I had a friend who is a sculptor which helped). All painted black, red and gold.

Ugh...  Call me a purist with too much disposable income, but I always disliked the plastic minis.  Sure, some were unavoidable, but I went with metal as often as possible.  My Carnifexes, 'gants, 'gaunts, stealers, Tyrant, biovore, spore mines, and ripper swarm were all metal.  Only plastic 'nids I had were the warriors.

As for the marines, most of my basic troops, heroes, terminators, scouts, speeders, servitors, guns, and assassins were metal.  Tanks and bikes were plastic only, and I did break down and buy some plastic troops when they did a redesign.  Liked the look of the hip fired heavy bolter over the shoulder mount, and the sniper rifle lascannon over that same shoulder mount.  

Dammit... now I want to play again.  

Switching to plastic was great for the scrubs like me that play swarmy armies like IG and Orks, and vehicle-heavy players never really noticed the switch. The pewter models had a certain charm to them, and I really liked how they doubled as caltrops when one of them fell from their case in transit to the painting station. The new plastic ones just shatter, so unless you've got some DEldar on hand the screams of anguish from a Relic Blade piercing someone's sole will never be heard again. ;_;7

If you want to scratch your 40k itch without leaving the comfort of your chair, there's always Vassal's 40k Mod. Cheaper than the gas for a round-trip to the local Redshirt harassment center, and games usually go by quicker too.

Sadly no pics of the dreadnought,but I did use a defilers head and copious amounts of green stuff and spiky bits. ( I had a friend who is a sculptor which helped). All painted black, red and gold.

Dang, now I really want to see it. Do you still play? And do you have any pictures of some of your painted models? I'd post some of mine, but all my models look like a toddler went at them with finger paint, and I boxed them up in the attic some time ago due to the shame.

Edited by Krieger_07b

Sold all my painted armies. Only have a chaos lord that I painted with my nephew and a small selection of paints (he is 7) ill chuck a pic up when I get a chance.

I got the empire and space marine army I have for free. (My mate ordered them and they got half melted and warped being delivered, being Australian summer it hit 40 deg +[dont ask me to convert that to farenhiet. So he got everything resent. And the only thing melted and warped was 3 sprues hahah)

Holy moly OP, are you my evil twin? Blood Angels player here, messed around a big with IG and Fantasy in the past (High Elves).

Love the lore, love the dawn of war games. I would like to play table top, but the cost and with my horible painting skills i stayed away.

If i would play i would play with Flawless Hosts ;D

The%2520Flawless%2520Host%2520chaos%2520

P1010095.jpg

Blood Angels for the win. These are about 23 years old now I think.

Love the lore, love the dawn of war games. I would like to play table top, but the cost and with my horible painting skills i stayed away.

If i would play i would play with Flawless Hosts ;D

The%2520Flawless%2520Host%2520chaos%2520

Thats not a bad paint job. Some kids at school used to do terrible jobs on theirs. I used to get free Miniatures for painting other peoples. I mostly had a Fantasy Orc Army and Epic scale marines. 

Thats not a bad paint job. Some kids at school used to do terrible jobs on theirs. I used to get free Miniatures for painting other peoples. I mostly had a Fantasy Orc Army and Epic scale marines.

Its not a bad paint job but its also not mine :D

mine would look something like this probably

BADPAINTJOB.jpg

Its not a bad paint job but its also not mine :D

mine would look something like this probably

BADPAINTJOB.jpg

TBH I've seen even worse than this lol

Holy moly OP, are you my evil twin? Blood Angels player here, messed around a big with IG and Fantasy in the past (High Elves).

What the- I LIKED SUPERINTENDENT BEFORE YOU DID!

But no i'm just the jaded angry twin. 

Anyways, that looks like a paintjob i'd do, that's why i wouldn't be proud, nor have fun with painting models. The game looks fun as hell though.

Thousand sons: shoot them in the foot and all the dust drains out.

I was always more of a night lords fan. Gotta love space batman.

I almost forgot my era of Terminator/Demolisher heavy Imperial Fists, painted in that lovely traditional retina-scorching yellow...

Honestly, the only two reasons I went with IF were;

- Hurt people's eyes

- The glory of telling them "You just got Fisted" after beating them

I've never spent so much money to do something so stupid in my life, and I don't regret it!

My sister's boyfriend has two 40k armies (Legion of the Damned - 2nd or 3rd edition I think, and very recently Tau) and one for fantasy (High Elves).

The hobby is a bit too expensive for my taste as I would be intersted in playing IG, but it's fun to help him build and paint models whenever I'm visiting.

It's also nice that I always have a good birthday/christmas gift available for him.

The battles at his LFGS are really entertaining to watch, and I tend to devour the poorly written garbage background stuff fluff whenever GW releases a new rulebook.

Played 40k Table top as a kid mainly 3rd edition. Started University so sold to brother who so happens to own easily the biggest Space Wolf collection in Australia (you have never seen more light blue plastic in your life). 10 years later partner says she wouldn't mind giving it a go, so we slapped down $2-3k buying a brand new Marine and Ork army which still to this day sits in a packing box untouched haha.

I used to play yeeeears ago, I had a Nurgle army of a few thousand points.

Recently, I've decided to get back into it as The Boy is getting old enough to start taking an interest too so hopefully I can enthuse him enough that he'll want to start playing.

I decided to start a new 'Nid army, this is how things are going so far:

q9oOSBS.jpg

gF8GpwR.jpg

VR1CUdy.jpg

I've got a 2000pt Crimson Fister force and a 2500pt Ulthwe stashed away somewhere.

And if you go with Orks, you can always use more dakka.

As if my name doesn't give it away? Been playing off and on since 2003, but had been interested in the hobby since 1996.

SPEEEESH MUHRINES! Got about 2.8k, including a Imperial Knight painted in Gerantius' colours, thing is a fracking bullet magnet though.

Gerantius_zpsae88a83d.jpg

post-1561-0-83264100-1403298602_thumb.jp

As if my name doesn't give it away? Been playing off and on since 2003, but had been interested in the hobby since 1996.

SPEEEESH MUHRINES! Got about 2.8k, including a Imperial Knight painted in Gerantius' colours, thing is a fracking bullet magnet though.

Gerantius_zpsae88a83d.jpg

You should turn him around so it looks like he's reading about himself. 

Hehe if I did that and he read the background he'd probably rage quit my army lists. 9/10 times he gets primaried by everything for two turns while making miserable armour pen rolls in melta range... that's right.. rolled a 3 on 2d6+9... then rolled a 3 on 2d6 for assault distance... guess who got banebladed...

I have an entire shelf dedicated to my collection of Black Library texts. 15 separate omnibusses, leading to and including over 64 novels in total. Holy crap -- I didn't realize I had bought so many books. I also have a copy of Only War, in case I ever want to do some PnP Guardsman roleplay.

I own roughly 1750-2000 points of 5e Imperial Guard depending on the list I bring, and I wish I had the time and the table space in my home to continue painting them again. Started in 5th ed, loved the Guard from Dawn of War, bought their 5e codex, played for a bit thru the start of 6th, but I know almost nothing about the 6e IG codex. (I guess it's Astra Militarum now, huh. Terrible name change, in my opinion.) I also have a 4e Ork codex, but no army -- it was given to me as a gift.

The name changes are in regards to the chapter house legal battle they had last year. Basically a company was producing components for 40k, when customers weren't happy they'd complain to 40k staff for it not being 100% compatible, shit got HQ, HQ took legal action. 

They cant really copyright things like Imperial or guard so the came up with Astra Militarum.

6th Ed has one really nice thing tempts me back to Guard. Tank Aces as HQ choices. That and the damn Wyvern being a "roll this bucket of dice for wounds on that squad" machine.