Locoace1

Warhammer Anyone?

My 40k army (Iron Warriors) is on permanent loan to a friend who still plays in events.  I think he just wants my 9 oblits.  Towards the end of my tournament scene I played 4 close combat dreadnaughts (hail clippy) which never did much of anything until the perfect storm of events happened.

My fantasy army (Empire) sits unbuilt in a box. I wanted to make an Army of Jerusalem and since I don't paint worth a damn I was going to pay somebody else to do it (like my 40k)... unfortunately, nobody wanted to touch a primarily white finished army.  So my 100+ knights and crapton of infantry sit in a box.

Oh boy, just finished Horus Rising in a week, and now i'm on False Gods. The horus heresy novels are astounding.

Also if i were to choose a space marine army to make, it'd be the Lamenters. I love their lore, even if whatever has their name in it, inevitably ends with the lamenters getting fucked over by the end of it.

Also if i were to choose a space marine army to make, it'd be the Lamenters.

If I did SMs, it could only be Angry Marines.

A few of us also came up with the Pyro Marines.

They're a chapter who utterly revere the Legion Of The Damned as emmisaries of the God-Emperor Himself, and have pledged that through unending study of their tactics, ledgends and exploits they will hope to one day come someway towards emulating their skill and prowess.

They do this mainly by setting themselves on fire a lot.

If I did SMs, it could only be Angry Marines.

A few of us also came up with the Pyro Marines.

They're a chapter who utterly revere the Legion Of The Damned as emmisaries of the God-Emperor Himself, and have pledged that through unending study of their tactics, ledgends and exploits they will hope to one day come someway towards emulating their skill and prowess.

They do this mainly by setting themselves on fire a lot.

Ah i picked the Lamenters because they are badass, they get fucked over by the lords of terra, and other SM chapters, but they keep on fighting for the weak and the helpless. They even denied an award for an action in the corinth crusade where they saved millions of civilians, but they didn't believe they deserved it since they thought they didn't save enough.

I've been watching that develop for a while, one of their lead level designers is a DM for a Dark Heresy game i watch on youtube, with Totalbiscuit, EGincontrol, DJwheat, and Itmejp

12k points black templar Army. :)

Brother. Was Templars when I first started with 3rd edition. How're those white shoulder pads going?

For anyone interested in 40k art, this is one of the artists working on stuff for the newest edition;

http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/

Here's a few samples of his amazing work.

a41894cc0747a96f657ab3d621314f56-d7owm6e

e5e4bcabb2a3828e2a647e2bee0fc3d9-d6r18in

fapfapfapfapimperialfistsfap

aab3cdea0156c743680ffe7c4d59c704-d7p1i8g

40k ain't my particular poison anymore, but I still paint occasionally. 

http://valeuretdiscipline.blogspot.ca/

Here are some conversions from way way back. 

TallarnLizardRider1.JPG 

I think I was still in high school when I did this guy! 

Swooping+Hawk+Exarch.JPG 

Nice conversion work Kil!

Lysander_zpse4d746fc.jpg

My chapter master using Lysander and his stats. Originally was going to take him as standard CM with everything to match Lysander but he'd be more expensive and not S10....
Also, when i first started painting my chapter Scorched Brown was a different tone then it is now so it's harder in poor lighting to distinguish between the black/brown.

TightKnightan_zpsde93d112.jpg

Closer better lighting pic of my Knight.

Whelp with this new box set "Stormclaw" coming out with Space Wolves and Orks in it, for the Sanctus Reach thing, I'm actually thinking of going Orks. Wait and see what the finances are like.

Whelp with this new box set "Stormclaw" coming out with Space Wolves and Orks in it, for the Sanctus Reach thing, I'm actually thinking of going Orks. Wait and see what the finances are like.

Get out while you can. 

Get out while you can. 

^

Is it true that apoc units are going to be standard fare in some of the regular 40k game types in the new edition?

Wouldn't surprise me since apoc was such a colossal failure of a moneysink, so now they gotta roll those ultra expensive kits into regular 40k to sell them.

GW: The best in entertainment at running off their long-standing fan base.

I may suck at tanks, but I will reck ya on the Blood Bowl pitch.

Blood Bowl is one of the greatest tabletop games ever invented. 

Innsmouth BBC 

Innsmoth_Wood_Elves.JPG

Lucretsia.JPG

Sarcophagus Springs Brightsiders 

Murder City Black Wings (my first BB team; my friends got me a custom Marilyn Angelou Memorial Stadium pitch for my 40th birthday. It was named after the first team captain to die in MCBW uniform) :)

I like to play humans/norse/necromantic (in that order of preference) with a few vampires games thrown in for extra challenge.  I've only ever been able to play online though.  Have you ever played the Cyanide version? 

In answer to the apocalypse question, you can take unbound armies if the opponent is as well. Basically no FoC and only limited by points, and I think maybe the Battle Brother chart.

I'm about to toss my old Marine army up on ebay :P

I opened up the carrying case and found I had something like;

3 Dreads (some with magnetized weapons)

3 predators (some magnetized)

3 Razorback/Rhinos

~40 or so marines with extra HW guys to swap in

~5 scouts

3 MM/HF speeders

2 Typhoon speeders

Army hasn't seen the table in ~5 years but it went into retirement undefeated XD

Played from rogue trader through 4th edition.

Did some of the playtest for 3.5 - name is even in the rulebook under credits.

Heavy into tournaments.  Finished 2nd and 3rd  in a couple of Grand Tournaments - MD, Chicago, and Minnesota.  2nd best general at Detroit with Wood Elves. RIP.

Was an Outrider for awhile.

Ran around 60 tournaments over 4 years.  Much swag.

Won the first Team Tournament at Adepticon.

Won the third Gladiator Tournament at Adepticon.

Had Space Marines, Eldar, Orks, Nurgle Lost and the Damned, and a Homemade drop pod army.

Still have Orks painted, and an IG army with Praetorians that needs painted if I ever get back into it.

I hear there's a computer game - I may need to look into getting a copy for the lulz.

Haven't played the table top version in 6 years though.  Family got in the way of being competitive and if you can't be competitive, why play.

My earlier rediscovery of 40K last year died a little bit of a death, mainly due to my local GW being tiny and really hard to get to for games.

However, this month I've discovered a local gaming club who play a few times a week and joined, so I'm actually playing again, as opposed to just painting.

No-one at work plays it so I'm a bit starved of people to talk incessantly to about it :)

Painting is coming on, although I am still the slowest painter in the world:

H1yxwwX.jpg

I understand your speed issue with the amount of work you put into a gaunt. That looks amazing!

10991721_10152874384845753_3785920662171

Lysander in my Chapter colours. Using Imp. Fist Doctrine so he counts as Lysander. Loves long walks on the beach. Golf swings into Baneblades, and flubbing rolls vs Imperial Knights.