Garbad

So you want to be an Ape...

194 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• I'm a gorilla. I'm already a god.
    • I want to be an ape! Almost godly, and growing fast!
    • I want to be a chimp. I may be retarded, but at least I'm funny.
    • I want to be a bonbo. ORGY 24/7!!!~
    • You primates are retarded.

I was thinking -- there are tons of people on this site and elsewhere who aspire to become a great players.  But as we all know, a great help in this process is having similarly minded people to platoon with to learn from, pad stats with, and so on.  Plus, in a -G- sense, people need to learn how to play like a team and not like pubstars.

So I, acting with the full authority of unofficial grunt in G, thought of a plan.  Why not let -G- help?

Something like this:

- G creates a new tag on our TS (apes, chimps, or bonbos depending on skill/horniness).  These people can see/join platoon and TC channels, but not clam wars stuff.

- Anyone who meets minimum standards can play on our TS whenever they want.  The goal is to help ~blue at least recent people connect and platoon with similarly skilled/motivated people, including -G-s.  Other top clans are welcome, as they are now.  Retards or trash obviously get the boot.

- Perhaps one night a week we can organize competitive play.  TC or HB or TB, with hopefully 4+ teams of competitive clans and blunicum pubbies fighting to improve skill and have fun.  Hopefully other top clans will buy into this, to ensure we can play at a set time each week.

What G gets out of this:

- Feeder pipe for talented, rising players

- Community goodwill

- We get to play TC again, which I miss

What pubbies get out of this:

- A chance to play/meet/platoon with other top players

- A chance to work your way into a top clan even if your stats may not look purple enough

- A chance to experience competitive play

What do you pubbies think?  Now obviously I would have to sell the idea to both you pubbies and G leadership but I think it could be a good thing.

UPDATE:

forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/10368-so-you-want-to-be-an-ape/#entry224389

- looking for interested pubs to apply

- also looking for clans and callers to organize a server TC night, using G ts and G members/callers/pubs as needed

Guess I'm a retard and or trash. =(

I'll just go in the corner and wallow in my greenness.

Edit: Oh shit, I'm turning yellow. I'm going to shoot myself in the face now...

Great idea.  I think you'll have a lot harder time selling it to the -G- leadership than to us pubbies, lol.

Really like this. I wanted to do something a bit similar with M--M while I was there, but at that time we didnt have enough top players to really make a huge community impact

Great idea.  I think you'll have a lot harder time selling it to the -G- leadership than to us pubbies, lol.

I dunno.  It depends on how exclusive we made it.  Purple recent blue overall would be fine, but probably too exclusive.  Blue recent green overall might do.

Actually I think they'd do it. The recruitment process for -G- is shall I say... fucking annoying. Did it once, got tired of trying to pester "busy" eval guys.

So by doing this, they get a feel for potential recruits, which speeds up their eval process... as well as makes -G- a more "open" environment to play in. I don't know any -G- players (save for Taka) in anything but playing against them in pubs, so for someone like me.. I don't really have a reason to go to their TS except for diplo.

This initiative creates an environment where people can connect better with -G- players... as well as give people like me who may want to be in a Tank Company from time to time a place to go.

Actually I think they'd do it. The recruitment process for -G- is shall I say... fucking annoying. Did it once, got tired of trying to pester "busy" eval guys.

So by doing this, they get a feel for potential recruits, which speeds up their eval process... as well as makes -G- a more "open" environment to play in. I don't know any -G- players (Taka) in anything but playing against them in pubs, so for someone like me.. I don't really have a reason to go to their TS except for diplo.

This initiative creates an environment where people can connect better with -G- players... as well as give people like me who may want to be in a Tank Company from time to time a place to go.

Would you bulls be willing to commit to having say Friday night be a regular TC night?  IE, get a commander and whoever you have on and run TCs for an hour or two.  If you lack a commander or bodies G and decent pubbies can fill in.  You interested?

I dunno.  It depends on how exclusive we made it.  Purple recent blue overall would be fine, but probably too exclusive.  Blue recent green overall might do.

Oh yes, blue recent and green overall would be best.  (not biased at all, lol)

Would you bulls be willing to commit to having say Friday night be a regular TC night?  IE, get a commander and whoever you have on and run TCs for an hour or two.  If you lack a commander or bodies G and decent pubbies can fill in.  You interested?

I can bring it up tonight and see how my FCs take it? We've never seemed to have much interest in TCs before, hence why we're never seen running them.

But I could potentially bribe my FCs with a gold bonus for running one....

Also we're moving into Mexico so that + potential involvement in the current conflict could also put a damper on TCs. I'll get back to ya.

I personally like the idea though.

I would like to join, but I'm too much of a noob. But I am learning.

m--m.enjinvoice.com (TeamSpeak)

http://m--m.enjin.com/ (Homepage)

and check out M-I-T. You'll learn a LOT faster there

me and garbad will have to share the hate of clicker cancer form the sky

sign me up