Garbad

So you want to be an Ape...

194 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• I'm a gorilla. I'm already a god.
    • I want to be an ape! Almost godly, and growing fast!
    • I want to be a chimp. I may be retarded, but at least I'm funny.
    • I want to be a bonbo. ORGY 24/7!!!~
    • You primates are retarded.

I would Definately be interested in this. but yeah it may take a bit to get those tags you stated lol, friend tags on G's TS seem to be like gryphons, they only exist in peoples minds, and even there they can fly away, lol. 

I've organized a few similar events regarding absolute TC's in the past through CR/D and I would be happy to help out with this. If you want to feed me some times ect. I would happily help spread the word through that thread. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. This sounds like a great idea.

Sounds like an excellent idea, gonna keep my eyes on this ball as it seems to be rolling pretty fast already. 

Oh yes, blue recent and green overall would be best.  (not biased at all, lol)

Yea I totally think this is a great idea, and I don't see any bias anywhere.

I'd try hard for this if I had the time for CW's, but since I don't and I'm too busy trying to help those who want to get better, this remains a great idea for those who do want to do CW's.  In the mean time I have people to train to shoot.

Oh yes, blue recent and green overall would be best.  (not biased at all, lol)

That. Totaly non biased and is a great idea. If not, this whole ape project is just a waste of time and should be put to a quick halt.  ;)

Yea I totally think this is a great idea, and I don't see any bias anywhere.

Can confirm no bias here!

This is relevant to my interests as well.

Garbad - please add anyone who has greater than 3% of their games in clickers is an perma ban. Thanks.

RIP me, nevermind. ^_^

I can bring it up tonight and see how my FCs take it? We've never seemed to have much interest in TCs before, hence why we're never seen running them.

But I could potentially bribe my FCs with a gold bonus for running one....

Also we're moving into Mexico so that + potential involvement in the current conflict could also put a damper on TCs. I'll get back to ya.

I personally like the idea though.

I wouldn't mind driving the car you've built and crashing it a few times before going back to destatting with HE in the waffle.  If no one else is available ofc.  

Any thought on the replays for those TCs being posted with commentary for the perspective its from for those who either don't qualify, were not picked or were just unable to attend?

I am considering this. I may open TS up a bit on a trial basis to see how it goes. The reason it was closed up tight in the first place was the inordinate amount of people that were causing problems in the open channels. 

Be forewarned, however, I have very little tolerance for shenanigans/people purposely trying to be annoying. If you're there to learn, socialize and build a network of contacts, that's great. If not, there are other places to go.

My banhammer is stronk and I have an itchy trigger finger.

can confirm, would love.

need to work on KEEPING my Recent Purple, rather than it being purple one night and blue the next :-/

the chance to platoon up with some of the top players would be welcome as well. so far I have only ever platooned with someone in -G- once - Prompous. seeing how guys from -G- play together in platoons/TCs would be cool.

Would Bulba be interested in a TC night?  Ideally 1-2 teams with commanders, hopefully making room for at least some pubs when possible?

Iffy. Depends on the night of the week; most of our callers are active in tourneys or do WGLNA, which makes a set TC time slightly difficult due to scrims and other such commitments. We could definitely pitch in from time to time, though. 

I can bring it up with the other guys and see what their opinions are. If we were to participate I'd have no problem bringing in pubs

I am considering this. I may open TS up a bit on a trial basis to see how it goes. The reason it was closed up tight in the first place was the inordinate amount of people that were causing problems in the open channels. 

Be forewarned, however, I have very little tolerance for shenanigans/people purposely trying to be annoying. If you're there to learn, socialize and build a network of contacts, that's great. If not, there are other places to go.

My banhammer is stronk and I have an itchy trigger finger.

So basically, Nem said the following:

- G will try it out, and start letting pubbies come to our TS.  Steps are being taken to organize this with the tech savvy people

- A group will be created to allow pubs access to public platoon channels, but not clam stuff.  Any G will be able to ban these people.

- Pubs will be approved individually, with pretty tight restrictions to start.  This is in part for security.

- He was worried if we open the doors to anyone, Gs will not want to platoon with them or feel harassed in their own space

- Gs don't want to feel pressured to mentor or run a charity, this is more of a self help meeting place.  If people arent up to par, dont ask to be carried.  Some Gs may be willing to do that kind of stuff, most won't

- We need to get a few people who can organize the TCs, plus callers inside G and outside willing to lead teams.  For understandable reasons, Gs officers don't want more administrative work

So here we go:  I think a good starting bar is this:

- Purple overall OR blue overall and purple recent

- Primarily interested in tier 8-10 gameplay, mostly 10sIE, not guys with 3k games trying to unlock their first tier 10

- Fluent in english, not an asshat, willing to get on TS.  Basic social skills and courtesy required.

- Interest in joining G is not expected or required.  Some may choose to do so.  Platooning and TC only is perfectly acceptable, other top clans are welcome

- Pubs are encouraged to play and socialize with Gs, but may platoon with each other as they see fit

- This may be loosened depending on how it works and how other players react to the pubs

Let's figure out a good time for TC night, and try to get some callers/clans lined up.  I think we can get at least 2 G callers and perhaps 20-30 Gs.  Maybe another ~10 or so current friends of G as well.

- Pubs will be approved individually, with pretty tight restrictions to start.  This is in part for security.

- He was worried if we open the doors to anyone, Gs will not want to platoon with them or feel harassed in their own space

Praise lord Nemress

tumblr_n4q0opBft11ql5yr7o1_500.gif