Sign in to follow this  
PlanetaryGenocide

MT-25 - Worth buying post-buff?

Has anyone here tried the MT-25 post-buff?  I only ever played 9 games in the 50-2 before WG turned it to shit, and the T-50 was easily my favorite tier 4 light tank and the only tier 4 light tank I didn't mind scout MM on.

For those who don't know what the changes were, here's the patch notes:

MT-25

• Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on solid terrain increased by 12%
  • Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on medium terrain increased by 11%
  • Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on soft terrain increased by 6%
  • Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on solid terrain increased by 14%
  • Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on medium terrain increased by 12%
  • Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on soft terrain increased by 6%
  • V-16 engine (600 h.p.) replaced with V-16M engine (700 h.p.)

Do these changes make it closer to what the 50-2 once was, or should I just let this tank die?

It is much improved.  I would even claim that this tank is playable now.  So, if you want a Russian scout tank, this thing can work.

Definitely faster, though no T-50/-2 territory. It's playable, but even with the new MM... why bother. Every battle it's 8s everywhere, you're stupidly outclassed in nearly every way. Even when you do get into useful positions the gun tickles things and bleeds credits in the process.

Accuracy buff would have killed even the T-50/-2 much less fatter, slower lights. Also try auto aiming on lights these days, at ranges under 200m it's more accurate than any human hand could be and tends to land shots in the tracks and engine.

MT-25 is fun, but also shit, very shit.

Regret buying it.

Light tank play in general post accuracy buff.

I agree with the others. However it's definitely not particularly bad for a light. It's just that "not being particularly bad for a light" doesn't mean much because lights in general are particularly bad.

CandyVan is right too.

Im going to be buying this back and playing several games in it just for the EXP to get a jump on the new RU scout line

I thought I read that the line doesn't continue so it is likely that the LT line will branch off somewhere else.  I might be remembering it wrong (perhaps it was the RU medium line), but I'd be careful about racking up too much xp until you know for sure what the path will be.

I was feeling tempted to buy this tank and give it a whirl.  But then I started looking at the numbers.  The mobility looks pretty nice but everything else looks like trash.  The gun is garbage at that tier.  And only 370 view range?  No thanks.

Im going to be buying this back and playing several games in it just for the EXP to get a jump on the new RU scout line

Have they announced that the the new lights will branch off the mt25?  I know they said the German one would come from the aweful panther, but I didn't hear anything about the soviet lights. It makes more sense for it to come off the T-43/T-44 line.

I was feeling tempted to buy this tank and give it a whirl.  But then I started looking at the numbers.  The mobility looks pretty nice but everything else looks like trash.  The gun is garbage at that tier.  And only 370 view range?  No thanks.

I bought it to try it out.  It's not reven remotely comparable to Chaffee/T71/ELC or the pre-nerfed T-50 (I never played the 50-2).  I consider those tanks fun.  This is 'meh'.    I liked the 12t and 13 75 more and had not regrets selling either when they went elite.  The straight-line speed on it is pretty good though.  If they bumped the gun's damage up ~30 dmg it might be more playable but as it is I'm just running it as a mostly passive scout in a meta where passive scouts go to die. 

I tried to get back to hit&runs like the 50 but there are so few maps where it's viable that it just isn't that fun.  Never thought I'd see the day when I'm happy Siegfried loads up in an LT... 

I'm just using it now for crew training for the new line.  I assume it'll be off this but if not it'll have the crew for it. 

It's okay guys, I found a sort of replacement for my old T-50.  Ironically, it's the A-43 (and I assume the Cromwell would work for this as well).

Sure, it's a fatty compared to the slim and petite hawtness of a light tank, but it's nearly as fast, has almost 2x as much HP, gets the same matchmaking that the T-50 used to, and the gun is much more useable.  I found their playstyles to be extremely similar, though I'd stay a bit further back in the early game for obvious reasons.  But it's got that same fast-paced run and gun feel that the T-50 had, at least to me.  

As for the new Russian light tank line coming out, I imagine it'll come off the T-34 just to add even more variety to the damn thing, it already gets two med lines and a TD line, with an additional TD line and a cross-over to the heavy line later on down the road.  It's either that, or they'll add a new tier 5 soviet light and switch the MT-25 over from the KV-1S so the entire light line continues from the T-50 like it would make sense to.

bought mine back also since it on sale and hopefully it will lead to the tier 7&8 light tanks coming out 9.3.... overall it's pretty fun, just why can't we put a rammer on it :/ 2.48s is my reload with bia&vents

Worth unlock it before 9.3 tree change ? Having enough exp sitting in KV1S. But seems most people think the new US and German end tiers are much better.

Same here, I have rebought it to collect the xp for the LTTB. It's nowhere near T-50-2 mobility wise (but I was a horrible player when I had that in my garage), but I find it fun to play. The biggest buff is the changed MM. Most games I see are against tier VII or VIII tanks. This makes the tank feel like a soft bottom tier med. Imagine a Leo PTA in a tier X game.

True, but the competition is so much worse at lower tiers that you can usually get in two or three shots where a Leo PTA would be forced to duck for cover immediately.

The fact that a ~7.5k WN8 score is achievable with ~1k dmg and 2 frags is a testament to the terribleness of this tank when WN8 was first created. 

steppes-soviet-union-mt-25-4000834762204

But it really got a lot better after the buff.  Because of mobility, it is better than 59-16 imho.  Pretty much every other stat is the same.

LTTB is going to be 59k xp at the time of this post.  Definitely will not keep MT-25 after 0.9.3 releases.

Bonus reel: