IputTheFunInFuneral

Chi Ri HATE thread.

Hey I'm grinding the Chi ri and IT SUCKS or at least i tell myself that :P

Anyways this is a location to focus all that chi ri hate and condense it down to one thread.

I've made a suggestion to make the prem ap the regular round to fix it. 

and beefing up the mantlet. Discuss that as well if you feel so inclined

I can imagine the Japanese tank designers seeing two or three pictures of the first Tiger series, and thinking "Hey, this looks like a giant box. Therefore it must be made out of cardboard, right?" Then Japanese high command orders them to make their own version of that thing because reasons.

So they made one out of cardboard, and when the US had bombed the Japanese cardboard industry to pieces, they used wet toilet paper and gasoline instead to finish the prototype.

And they made it bigger than the facist box tank they had stolen inspired their design by because             . While giving it a smaller gun. Insert racist joke here.

I regret everything I did with the Japanese line.  Except that I needed it to do the T34 mission.  But other than that I regret it.

If only I could transfer the crew to a different nation....

What I don't understand about this tank is the average Japanese tanker just had to be smaller than average.  Why do they need a tank the size of a Tiger II?  It would be nice if WOT designers just shrank the truth by about 20%.  This tank would be much more effective if it was just smaller.

I regret everything I did with the Japanese line.  Except that I needed it to do the T34 mission.  But other than that I regret it.

I have to admit the tier 6 was okay. I don't regret playing that one. It's not good, but it's not a Type 58 either.

can't find the replay, but I had a 4700 dmg game on live oaks, getting me 1700 base xp and earning 2.5k gold in the imperial steel contest.  I liked it.  pewpew gun

I just played enough tournaments to wallet warrior my way to tier 8. 8)  Can't really compare the STA to much considering i haven't played many other tier 8 meds yet, but i liked it and the Type 61 a lot. STB makes them seem awful in comparison though.

I told you any love you had for the jap tank would be gone after grinding it for the event. :P

saved up my CW gold, plus the gold I got from the massive WGLNA final gold code rush, and skipped the entire tank.

played the Chi-To, took a while to get used to but I got the hang of it in the end, felt alright by the end of the grind.

STA, I am still getting used to. dont have it fully upgraded, only on the second gun (which so many people say has such horrible RNG, and I agree with them, other than that its an alright gun to use)  but so far I think its okey. plays a lot like my FCM 50t. bit slower though. I feel it wont be that bad a tank when I have it upgraded and a proper crew on it (only 40% first skill, no Sixth sense yet)

EDIT: whoops, this is a Chi-Ri hate thread, not an STA-1 thread. whelp.

on topic, yes. did not want to play the Chi-Ri at all. nopenopenopenope.

best 4500 gold worth of free XP I ever spent.

Turrible vehicle, but I had a decent amount of fun on it plus decent4wn8. 10/10 would skip that horrible stock grind though

saved up my CW gold, plus the gold I got from the massive WGLNA final gold code rush, and skipped the entire tank.

played the Chi-To, took a while to get used to but I got the hang of it in the end, felt alright by the end of the grind.

STA, I am still getting used to. dont have it fully upgraded, only on the second gun (which so many people say has such horrible RNG, and I agree with them, other than that its an alright gun to use)  but so far I think its okey. plays a lot like my FCM 50t. bit slower though. I feel it wont be that bad a tank when I have it upgraded and a proper crew on it (only 40% first skill, no Sixth sense yet)

EDIT: whoops, this is a Chi-Ri hate thread, not an STA-1 thread. whelp.

on topic, yes. did not want to play the Chi-Ri at all. nopenopenopenope.

best 4500 gold worth of free XP I ever spent.

chi-to was gud, and sta you really have to get the feel for it, if that makes any sense.

And congrats on recent purp again :3

This is one of those tanks that made me way too depressed to play this game properly. Basically just by knowing i had to grind it and that it was sitting in my garage made me play every other tank horribly until i finished it. 

Considering all the hate, its weird that i got 64% wr on the Chi Ri, was planning to free exp just before i looked at the stat. Weird.

Useless on tier9 though, gold spam just wont cut it.

So, the autoloader doesn't come close to compensating for the AMX M4-esque chassis?

Whole clip damage is almost the same as one shot from T29. With much worse pen. Not speaking about cardboard platform. Only good thing is that you can surprise total noobs with it :) In spite of all these fact I did decent in this tank. But never more, that grind was painful.

Did I make it to 10 games in mine?

Nope. I don't think I did. Serb took my money and laughed.

The thing about the chiri (and chito more or less) is not the lack of armor or the slow speed or the crappy everything else you can imagine. It is simply down to the fact you can't pen shit. Even spamming "premium" at the cost of like 30000 credits a game, you still won't pen shit. Meanwhile everything will go through you from across the map.

All your positioning, aiming, patience, risk taking, situational awareness will be shat upon when you hear "that one bounced" "we didn't pen their armor" "ricochet" over and over and over again. In a game where the sole purpose of a gun is to cause damage, this thing cannot do it with any degree of reliability or enjoyment.

Chi-Ri is horrible stock, it has the same gun as Chi-To on a higher tier, but it's bigger, slower and still made of paper. Once elited, it's pretty much the same since it's a lot heavier with barely any engine increase - but at least you get some burst potential. However, very rarely will it be able to pen (or even hit) with all 3 shells, even when using gold ammo. Oh, and if you're thrown in tier 9 battle you're a dead weight to your team since it can't do any damage, doesn't have armor and it's auto-spotted even by blind rusky heavies.

Still, sometimes the stars align and you're able to burst successfully, retreat, reload and repeat. But it still doesn't make it a good tank.  :thumbdown:

Considering all the hate, its weird that i got 64% wr on the Chi Ri, was planning to free exp just before i looked at the stat. Weird.

Useless on tier9 though, gold spam just wont cut it.

I have something like a 68% wr on my Panther II, that doesn't make it a good tank.

I have something like a 68% wr on my Panther II, that doesn't make it a good tank.

Absolutely true.  I've had a couple of decent damage games in the Chi Ri and am winning something like 62% in it, but it's a turd.