Sign in to follow this  
IputTheFunInFuneral

Chi Ri HATE thread.

Hands down the worst tank in the game, even the M3 Lee (nice gun) and AMX 40 (great at tier 4) were less painful to grind through. I'll probably ragesell it before ever reaching the STA.

I made it to T8 in the Japanese line.

That concludes my positive comments on the Chi-ri.

I've come to the conclusion that most tanks are "playable" once you their "style". I came out of semi-posting retirement to say IT SUCKS.  It has no style.  Various people tried to convince me that it did not in fact suck--the autoloader made up for weak pen/alpha, great in platoons etc...

It had no alpha.  It had no pen.  It had no mobility, It had no cammo.  The only positive when playing it is someone else is going to get free dmg on your giant carboard butt at somepoint unless you are dumb enough to hide in a corner the whole match and the other team is dumb enough not to hunt you down and cap out.  Otherwise--there are so few advantages to abuse on this tank that it not worth it.

I would consider the most damning thing about the chi-ri that it isn't even remotely fun to play.

It has crap everything but even when you make it work despite itself it isn't satisfying. I loathed every game in this tank no matter how I performed.

Finished in 102 matches with a WN8 of 3069 and I have nothing positive to say about the experience or the tank. For those 102 games I wasn't playing a game, I was finishing a chore.

Finished in 102 matches with a WN8 of 3069 and I have nothing positive to say about the experience or the tank. For those 102 games I wasn't playing a game, I was finishing a chore.

Exactly. At least if the gun penetration would be 180/230 prem or such. There is no strong side of this tank. I had a crew with 6 sense in it so it slightly improved my odds. I had one hilarious moment when I clipped JgpIV and he was surprised that I can shoot that fast :) I must admit that if you play it a little more you can adapt to it, but it is not fun.

I don't even mind the lack of pen so much, it's just so damn big.  It's larger than a Tiger II, it isn't very fast, and it has cardboard for armor.  Not a great combination.

By the way the next tanks in the line are nowhere near worth the grind through the low tiers, and at high tiers the grind gets even worse

Japan is not worth playing, GTFO the line while you still can

Chi-Ri may be a terrible tank, but I had fun with it in tier 7/8 matches. It's also entertaining to watch someone sink multiple shots into the tiny gun mantlet on the Chi-Ri/Chi-To for no damage.

Chi-Ri may be a terrible tank, but I had fun with it in tier 7/8 matches. It's also entertaining to watch someone sink multiple shots into the tiny gun mantlet on the Chi-Ri/Chi-To for no damage.

You may touch your tail when things ain't going your way, but for the rest of us who bounce 3 times in a row or get oneclicked on the Chi-Ri what are we supposed to do.

So I decided to finish the Chi-Ri. I was a few XP short in free XP, so out I went in search of my double.

I lost a few games because I got nothing but 9s and the chi ri is pathetic and could do nothing to the ST-Is and E-75s that were toppling my teams, but eventually got into a T7 battle. Get to the front lines, tackle a hellcat, leave it full of lead japan style, GET SO HAPPY OMG MY LAST GAME WILL ACTUALLY BE ENJOYAbam every arty on the opposing team pens me within a few seconds

k bye chiri

The worst part for me has been ammunition cost. The tank itself hasn't pissed me off too much yet - besides being a bit slow - but it bleeds far too many credits for the damage it does (and it certainly won't be clipping anything with just 3 rounds). 

Granted the auto loader fires FAST and reloads FAST, but that's literally the only thing going for it. It's bigger than an AMX M4 45, slower than the 45 and more weakly armed.

2 things are needed for this tank. 1. the stock 90mm off the STA-1. 2. needs a major mobility buff.

But WG won't so it will remain a big tub of shit.  Somehow I knocked out a 55% w/r in it. How I did it, I'll never know.

I like it and am considering keeping it after I unlock the 8.

There is a certain pace to the tank... duck, jab, jab, jab, duck duck, jab jab jab.

I like it.

Problem is, your 3 jabs are the same as one blam from any other competitive tank. And after first duck you forgot being instakilled by arty. Oh and that 2 out of 3 jabs don't penetrate.

I don't seem to have any trouble penning. I'm lobbing 300m+ shots at the side of a T-29 in the turret area and penning. (I have to assume that the shot is actually arcing down and hitting the hull but whatever)

I dunno man... the tank seems to suit my style. Its VERY BAD if you are the only top tier 7 facing an IS/IS2 or a Tiger...but if you have some heavies to use as a shield line.... it works.

I tend to be very patient in such a fragile tank and I feel that helps me overcome my derporama.

I'm not saying the Chi-Ri is god mode, just, I like it, I do well in it, I'm not Garbad.... there are definitely tanks that I do poorly in, so there clearly IS a style that makes this tank work.

have you considered the fact you're just lucky

Probably a decent bit of this.  I enjoyed the tank as top tier, but it faded quickly against higher tier opponents.  With only 59 battles you get the first 10 (probably) as top tier, and may have just seen favorable spreads.

have you considered the fact you're just lucky

Sample size too large to be luck.

Its a tank that works for me. That is all.

I don't run into many tier 9 games because 8s and 9s are all sucked up into tier 10 games now with no more BT 12.

Its pretty bad in tier 9, unlike say the Tiger who can load straight gold and pen the crap out of just about anything.

Sample size too large to be luck.

Its a tank that works for me. That is all.

I don't run into many tier 9 games because 8s and 9s are all sucked up into tier 10 games now with no more BT 12.

Its pretty bad in tier 9, unlike say the Tiger who can load straight gold and pen the crap out of just about anything.

The sample size is incredibly tiny, you can get lucky/unlucky over hundreds of games, let alone 60.

The sample size is incredibly tiny, you can get lucky/unlucky over hundreds of games, let alone 60.

Ummm...... I'll sit down and do the math and get back to you in a couple minutes..... but the answer is going to be, you are really fucking wrong. :)

-------------------------

I've been winning at about 60% recently. So we'll assume that I should win 60% with Chi-Ri.

Thus the P (prob) of a W/R is:

P = n!/(r! *(n-r)!) * p^r * q^r

where:

n=num games

r = wins

p = chance win

q = chance loss

if we sub in 39 wins and 20 losses (which is what noobmeter shows for me right now)

P(65%) = 1.88*10^-14. 

This is astonishingly small chance. Now in all fairness, to ask what are my chances of getting AT LEAST 65%, you should add everything from 100%W/R to 65%. Hey guess what.....every P > 65% is going be even SMALLER than 1.88*10^-14 so..... yeah... they don't matter.

Just for giggles I did what is the chance of P(60%) and that comes out to .104 . So 10.4% Those 3 or 4 values around 35 wins are going to be huge and pretty much make up the entire weight of the distribution.

So, you can say that a change of 1 value is somewhat likely... so if you want to say 34 wins instead of 35... This still moves me to 64.4%

For whatever reason I do very well in the Chi-Ri. I don't spam gold in it. I tend to stay back. To really get a good feel, we should run another 50+ games where I kind of hang back in something like a Tiger-H and see if I rack up an above (my) average W/R.

There is also another factor that I didn't put in here because I wasn't sure how to do it. I win above my 60day in the 50-100. I do NOT claim I run the 50-100 better than most..... I claim the 50-100 is a VERY VERY good tank and any extra w/r we see is due to tank OPness. I'm not sure how to account for my skill AND tank OPness in the same formula. But it is pretty clear that most people DO NOT do well in the Chi-Ri and that the Chi-Ri average W/R compared to server W/R is lower.

Ergo: I stand by my initial hypothesis that I am doing something right in the Chi-Ri that you guys, for whatever reason, are not doing. I'm not sure how to exactly communicate what I am doing, but for me, it boils down to having hard cover at hand for the early to mid parts of the fight to duck behind while you reload and NEVER EVER engage someone who is expecting you. Fight like a little bitch for 6 minutes then bully with your fairly large HP pool late. 

I guess I'm just a better little bitch than you guys. :)

No, I dont think I am.

Plz see edited post for math on why you are wrong. You are literally arguing that the sum of 24 numbers, all smaller than 1.88^10-14 is a large chance.

Its like: 4.512*10^-13% for me to have a 65% or greater W/R in that tank. Actually much worse because that number is P(65%)*24 which is way too large. 

+ the effect that the Chi-Ri is presumed subpar to the average tank.

Don't be Tony. Don't argue against math with, "Nuh uh, you are wrong".