IputTheFunInFuneral

Chi Ri HATE thread.

It took me a few days to decide whether I wanted to free XP past this tank but SEA server had a tier 7 sale and I bit the bullet. In my limited experience I can say that the Chi-Ri is a somewhat fun tank to play however it seems a bit of a stretch to call it good (relative to other tanks for it's tier/class). Thanks to aforementioned SEA server sales I have not seen many Tier 9 games for which I am grateful.

I'm puzzled. Does anyone think the STB is going to resist hits from a GW-E?

Yes, actually.

I made that one video about the Type 61, where I keep getting instagibbed by artillery from full or nearly full health by penetrating HE shots.

Then only a couple games into the STB-1 I took a direct hit from a 240mm HE round and it didn't punch straight through. Meaning it dealt <50% damage instead of full. Oh, it still hurt, but that automatic cut thanks to non-penetration makes a huge difference.

Chi-ri isn't really bad, for medium standards. All the tier 7 mediums are pretty mediocre at best because almost all the tier 7 heavies are beasts, penetration sucks vs higher tiers and armor vs lower tier kamikaze tomatoes.

I had fun playing it, but no clue why it worked for me. Couldn't tell anyone how to play it other than be opportunistic & run GLD, no point in rammer.

I'm not arguing it is good.

I'm arguing that I make it out perform other tanks that I drive. I therefore do something better in this tank than I do better in other tanks.

Its meh at best, but I find it fun.

I am not sure you are spitting enough hate on this tank to post here :P Good thing about Chi-Ri is that it is that bad, that you value more your other non-paper tanks. Isn't this a compliment in fact? Maybe you adapt to that tank and are more careful or finding new ways.

I'm not arguing it is good.

I'm arguing that I make it out perform other tanks that I drive. I therefore do something better in this tank than I do better in other tanks.

Its meh at best, but I find it fun.

I did not mean to contradict you, rather tell my tale of woe. I'm not a great player and the Chi-Ri seems to do almost everything in its power to highlight my inability to use a medium with no significant individual strength. If anyone could take the time to point me to a couple of exemplary Chi-Ri games I'd appreciate the education.

Exemplary Chi-ri games are where the enemy shoot at someone else and you reload 8 or 9 times. You actually have pretty good DPM and your rapid fire allows you do to alot of critical hits so side shots are pure awesome sauce.

If you want a video of me face rolling an enemy team.... nope.jpg.

OK, this question is for people stupid enough to elite every tank they buy without free xp. 

(So basically for me and no one else right? >.>)

Fit 1:  Type 5 Chi-Ri Plan 1 Turret, 7.5 cm Tank Gun Type 5 Model I
- 2052 DPM
- 2.1s Aim Time
- 15.48 hp/t
- 360m view range
- 1150 hp

Fit 2:  Type 5 Chi-Ri Plan 2 Turret, 7.5 cm Autoloading Tank Gun Type 5
- 1950 DPM
- 1.7s Aim Time
- 13.01 hp/t
- 370m view range
- 1250 hp

I unlocked tracks and engine first, because I play better when I have mobility.  Now I'm having a hard time convincing myself that the new turret and autoloading gun would actually be an upgrade.  Looks like a shit sandwich to me.  Alternative is keep 83k credits, finish grind with stock turret and middle gun.

What do?

Edit: Elite Cheeto is 12.23 hp/t.  Installing the upgraded turret looks like a step back to tier 6.

Edited by Getsome

Go ahead and get it. The autoloader is the only thing keeping it from being a supersized Chi-To moved up a tier.

The 3-shot autoloader has a different tempo than most of the others with their larger magazine, both from being able to fire the whole magazine faster and from the shorter time needed to reload for the next volley. I think it's just too...awkward...of a tank to be stuck with the base gun, especially given the extra time you'd have to spend without cover.

(On the other hand, the autoloader bleeds credits fast with even limited use of premium ammo. My main beef with the tank is the need to alternate battles with a premium tank to pay for reloads.)

The 3-shot autoloader has a different tempo than most of the others with their larger magazine, both from being able to fire the whole magazine faster and from the shorter time needed to reload for the next volley. I think it's just to...awkward...of a tank to be stuck with the base gun, especially given the extra time you'd have to spend without cover.

(On the other hand, the autoloader bleeds credits fast with even limited use of premium ammo. My main beef with the tank is the need to alternate battles with a premium tank to pay for reloads.)

I don't remember bleeding credits running the Chi-Ri. I only carried 45 sprem AP and didn't have to use much, if any most games.

I found this tank somewhere between chlamydia and scabies. It was irritating most of the time, occasionally some relief was had while scratching however I would rather have not been infected at all.

It's big and it's slow and it has thin flat surfaces everywhere. This results in it getting hit by everything and penned by everything. When an FV304 sees you they just laugh and pen you three times in a row. KV-2's pen them with HE with ease, M4's pen them with HE... Really it's one of those tanks where you're actually scared of people two tiers below you. There were a few times when people ignored the piece of shit and I was able to shoot them and get a few good games out of it, but this is probably only the universe feeling sorry for me and giving me a cookie. I hope that the designers of this tank were strapped in and forced to drive it... over a cliff. 

He has a point though. The most frustrating thing is getting nailed by some jackass in a tier 5 derper for 1/3 of your health. You're too fat and slow to evade these things with any consistency. Atleast you don't feel bad about getting penned by a Russian 122mm.

You're too fat and slow to evade these things with any consistency. 

TEN degrees of gun depression, the same as vaunted hull-down tanks like the Pershing. Jesus, just find a hill already and pop-up to shoot. I mean, if a baddie like me can make this tank work adequately, then the rest of you are just finding excuses. 

TEN degrees of gun depression, the same as vaunted hull-down tanks like the Pershing. Jesus, just find a hill already and pop-up to shoot. I mean, if a baddie like me can make this tank work adequately, then the rest of you are just finding excuses. 

Honestly, I'm just finding things to hate about it now. What turned me off from it and made me rage sell it was the 304s. Every. Single. Fucking. 304. The second a 304 saw my Chi-Ri they would get the biggest fucking hard on for me.

we have very different definitions of adequately

That's my point exactly. 

The thing that put an end to my Chi-Ri grind was the matchmaking. I haven't seen a tier 7 battle since I started keeping track 25 battles back, and being a punching bag for E-75's was getting old. After the last few wipeouts where my team is gone in under 3 minutes, I had it towed back to the garage and melted down.

The number of games where I'm in the top-3 damage from two tiers down was disheartening. It's a 75mm gun. That's like tier 2. My contribution should be close to zero.  :

The Pershing has mantlet armor, a gun set higher in the turret, and less exposure time than the Chi-Ri.

Depression alone doesn't mean much, see M2 Medium with 75mm.

The Pershing has mantlet armor, a gun set higher in the turret, and less exposure time than the Chi-Ri.

I think that we can agree that the Pershing is a better tank than the Chi Ri. 

I think that we can agree that the Pershing is a better tank than the Chi Ri. 

I struggle to think of anything that isn't a better than than a Chi-Ri.

But it CAN be made to work.

Da-shit-wagon 2 without APCR spam?

Then again I never had to do that thing and the VK 3001 P I'm grinding dailies in right now makes my Chi-Ri feel like a saint.

Somua SAu-40. I may dislike the Chi-Ri a lot but it's not anywhere as bad as that thing. It just takes a lot longer to grind through.