Sign in to follow this  
IputTheFunInFuneral

Chi Ri HATE thread.

Recently finished my Chi-Ri grind:

14spc1h.jpg

No particularly strong feelings about the tank. I certainly didn't hate it like so many do, but also had no second thoughts about selling it once I was done. The only part about the tank I really liked was the gun, otherwise it's a clumsy shitbox. If I could get the gun on a mobile medium or a light it would be amazing. Not sure why people complain about the pen, it's not particularly bad among T7 mediums. Sure you need to shoot some gold when bottom tier, but that's hardly unique. The alpha is still good against T9, especially since people give Chi-Ris zero respect and will often expose themselves to an entire clip.

Chi-Ri is godly for the stupid incinerator missions. That autoloader absolutely shreds engines and fuel tanks. I managed to do the T28C version of that stupid mission by bursting its load right up a Lowe's backside.

Actually getting BEHIND a Lowe, Tiger II, KV-4, etc for this mission isn't easy, but if you do the chances that a fire will go off is... pretty reasonable. To the point where I found it easier to do it with the Chi-Ri than any other tier 7 med

Would agree on incinerator missions... Was struggling for about 50+ games on various other meds to get that fire started until i drove Chi Ri. Dat burst into engine decks.

Have to agree with this thread, its really bad. I thought the blue turd that is the v39 was bad, but that gun is tremendous in comparison. I am not sure it would even be good at tier 6.

Have to agree with this thread, its really bad. I thought the blue turd that is the v39 was bad, but that gun is tremendous in comparison. I am not sure it would even be good at tier 6.

IMHO It's a tank that feels worse it is... I have ~15K left to go and I'm pulling a 54% WR in it. I find it's painful and not much fun, seems to not be able to carry much but somehow I still do ok. Now... you could argue that I should be able to do better at T7 in another more competent tank and you'd probably be correct.

He has inspired me to buy a Chi-Ri and 3 mark it just because. Then in pubs the pubbies will be even more confused. "Is that... 3 marks... on a Chi-Ri?" I haven't actually bought it yet because i'm poor.

Or it just might troll me. I remember telling one of my tanking buddies that I was thinking about buying a Chi-Ri as my tier 7 keep just to troll people and he was like "shit's gonna troll you, m8" (He's from Australia, too).

2dank4me

Edited by cpraf104

Most powerful beast? With monsters like the Su-122-44, Tiger I and the T29 around, the Chi-ri would need something like 2.5k dpm, 175 pen and 120mm frontal to make it anywhere near beastly, it's just that bad. 

Extra DPM alone doesn't do it good because the tank lacks the pen or the mobility to abuse it - leaving it no choice but to rely on gun handling and accuracy to get at weakspots - weakspots which are often thick enough to bounce gold AP.

I just finished the Chi Ri grind. The platform is awful and the pen leaves much to be desired, but the pop-pop-pop of the gun was lots of fun and the DPM against soft targets was satisfying. It's not a good tank, but I managed to mostly have fun with it on my way through. 

13 hours ago, Nekommando said:

WG is considering a buff to our beloved Chi-Ri.

What i think they need to do:

Give Chi-Ri that 105mm from T6 JP HT, nerf gun handling. Done.

The gun is the fun part of the tank, the only thing I didn't like about it was the terrible gold round. But the buffs WG is considering in the current supertest iteration are all module health buffs. 

13 hours ago, Tarski said:

The gun is the fun part of the tank, the only thing I didn't like about it was the terrible gold round. But the buffs WG is considering in the current supertest iteration are all module health buffs. 

105mm gun would be the other fun part of the tank. Or WG would need to find a way around the shitty 75mm gold AP.

Thank god t7 still means people play like shit because it's a real pain. If it was at least a bit faster or had a bit more pen it would make sense. In the current version it only works in t7 and t8 matches but it's probably the most overmatched t7 tank when it sees t9.