Sign in to follow this  
IputTheFunInFuneral

Chi Ri HATE thread.

6 minutes ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Nuuu. The tank itself is already fun. It just needs to be good.

Is there an autoloader that isn't more fun (and better) than this tank?  Double it's clip size and maybe I'd try to play it again.

Just now, lt_lolcat said:

Is there an autoloader that isn't more fun (and better) than this tank?  Double it's clip size and maybe I'd try to play it again.

Most autoloaders are terrible and of those few that aren't, they aren't much fun. What makes the Chi-Ri bad isn't the gun, but the overall package.

This was my Ace Tanker for the Chi-Ri , really hard to get this , you have to have a terrific game , loads of 1st class games and 3000 damage -

finally managed to bag this tank , at long last - I think you have to be a guerrila fighter in this tank , fight at distance , unspottted - or using an ally as a meat-shield

or when the enemy is distracted , you can win 1 vs 1 engagements but you will lose a lot of health due to the wait while you reload , Bia is frankly essential

so you can reload as fast as you can

If you double its clip size you prolong the exposure time of the Chi-Ri, and makes that increase in potential burst damage with like a 6-round clip a costly trade in health. not worth it.

there's really no easy way to fix the tank aside from minor tweaks to its soft stats. but the Chi-Ri is after all the 'kaktus' of the Japanese medium tank line. grind it through and spend your time grinding the excruciating grind that is the STA-1

If you double its clip size you prolong the exposure time of the Chi-Ri, and makes that increase in potential burst damage with like a 6-round clip a costly trade in health. not worth it.

You say that as if you are forced to fully dump a clip once you start.  That isn't true at all.  Looking at your autoloader stats, maybe try to more carefully control your engagements?   Shooting 3 times and taking one hit is FAR superior to shooting 4 times and getting hit twice.  If you have 6 shots, you can break your engagements up into two phases or have the opportunity to completely dump if you get the opportunity.  A bigger clip can get you into trouble, but you can also leverage that power.  

After re-buy it, (retrained Heavy Tank No VI's crews, as they awarded double set of crews after I completed that mission challenge which let you keep HT No VI permanently) I find one use for Chi-Ri; this thing bait shots like crazy, even if you're in Tier 8 - 9 match, and you 'prod' enemy or make them notice you by any means, 95% of time they'll turn their turrets/guns toward you in an instant, letting your teammate get free shots on them - if your teammate are smart (emphasis on if.)

Some of them even refused to shoot your teammate when said teammate moved out of cover and drop 390 - 400+ damage on their tank, he'll wait to drop his load on you and you only. I once hid behind cover after poking one Tier 9 guy once, and he keep pointing his Boom stick at where my tank should come out and ignore the other Tier 8 - 9 that blowing him to bits for the next 30 seconds - completely exposed to return fire and in his sight!

I guess that has to count as pros side instead of cons side for Chi-Ri  - somehow... even if it's slightly unfun to be the bait.

Chi Ri is the Reliant Regal of tanks. Other players droll when they saw you, thinking that the Chi Ri = free dmg (which is often the case).

15 minutes ago, thepingman said:

After re-buy it, (retrained Heavy Tank No VI's crews, as they awarded double set of crews after I completed that mission challenge which let you keep HT No VI permanently) I find one use for Chi-Ri; this thing bait shots like crazy, even if you're in Tier 8 - 9 match, and you 'prod' enemy or make them notice you by any means, 95% of time they'll turn their turrets/guns toward you in an instant, letting your teammate get free shots on them - if your teammate are smart (emphasis on if.)

Some of them even refused to shoot your teammate when said teammate moved out of cover and drop 390 - 400+ damage on their tank, he'll wait to drop his load on you and you only. I once hid behind cover after poking one Tier 9 guy once, and he keep pointing his Boom stick at where my tank should come out and ignore the other Tier 8 - 9 that blowing him to bits for the next 30 seconds - completely exposed to return fire and in his sight!

I guess that has to count as pros side instead of cons side for Chi-Ri  - somehow... even if it's slightly unfun to be the bait.

Yesterday, I and one Skorpion G are pushing the 1 line flank on Arctic Region in tier 8 game, then some random Cromwell spotted both of us, guess which one that FV207 clicked?

Suffice to say, this's a rare instance where I never been glad to be the one who bite it instead of my teammate, as that Skorpion survived and after he killed the arty, he helped on taking down IS-6 on enemy team and win the match better than if the situation was reversed.

But then again, such instance never come up often enough to justify being the bait.

Riddle me this.. I'm just starting on the Chi Ri and have played about 6 games when I suddenly thought to myself should I wait until the change in overmatch mechanics that comes with 9.17? Will the Chi Ri not being overmatched by everything give it quite a buff? or am I high. Thanks

.... Change cancelled... so ignore me

With the recent changes in high tiers Jap meds I decided to unearth this tank from the pile of dust that submerged it, I was at 60k from the STA-1 then I never touched it for the last two years.
So, how do you Chi-Ri in 2019? Free XP? It feels like it's now in an even worse state then when I left it...

I've had thoughts about seeing what it could do with some decent matchmaking. I did okay with the tank at the time, but abandoned it after 24 straight tier 9 battles (and was so scarred by the experience that my STA-1 still sits in the garage with 0 battles).

9 hours ago, Necrophore said:

abandoned it after 24 straight tier 9 battles

Sounds like my Comet grind.

18 games of Chi-Ri under my belt. Eleven games top tier. Seven vs tier 8. But not a tier 9 in sight (knock on wood). Feels decent when top tier because it's clip genuinely hurts lower tiers. But the gulf between it and tier 8 armour and OP premiums is insanely huge. So in the context of the current MM: a just serviceable tank. Kind of fun in it's own shit way even cause of the pew pew. If you ever intended to grind it instead of haemorrhaging "free" XP, now is the time.

Glad to say I can only imagine how useless this tank would be against tier 9s, because I didn’t see one of them during the grind. 

Kinda fun to play with the current MM. Hurting pubbies in such a famously shit tank feels good. 

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

It just doesn't scale well, like at all. It's a T6 at most.

Yeah it’s weird like that. Farms well when top tier. But it feels like a mediocre tier 6 at best when running up against even most tier 8s.

15 hours ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Chi-Ri used to be pretty good

Not sure about that....

One of the problems with Chi Ri is that its slow. I heard its much lighter IRL than ingame, where it gets ~20% weight growth.

30 minutes ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Wasn't slow back then, merely average and came with pretty good acceleration. The only thing wrong with it then was the fact it's a giant box. Easy to hit if you weren't smart about things

For what it was, it wasn't fast enough.

Plus, new physics nerfed medium HP/t