Sign in to follow this  
IputTheFunInFuneral

Chi Ri HATE thread.

12.89 hp/t on a tank with no armour and shitty pen is too slow.  Giving it and the Chi-To 15-16 hp/t wouldn’t make them remotely OP when top tier and would give both tanks much more wriggle room when bottom.

22 hours ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Was plenty fast when I was playing, and physics never hurt the Chi-Ri

16 hours ago, sohojacques said:

12.89 hp/t on a tank with no armour and shitty pen is too slow.  Giving it and the Chi-To 15-16 hp/t wouldn’t make them remotely OP when top tier and would give both tanks much more wriggle room when bottom.

And there we go, I have a friend on my side to make up for my perma-blue-almost-green stats (which constitute a counter argument) in this game.

Also, removing 6 tons would indeed push hp/t just into the middle of that range. Did you do the math on my suggestion?

Me doing math.....

Thing is, despite all it’s shortcomings, the Chi-Ri emits good vibrations. It was fun for me and I’ll probably work up a second crew in it. 

On 12/11/2019 at 2:33 PM, Oicraftian said:

"It emits good vibrations"

Its a shit tank. Take a look at it. What does it do?

All it does is break a scrublords brain. Nothing else.

The "alpha" is the only thing but when top tier it is fun

On 12/12/2019 at 12:33 AM, Oicraftian said:

All it does is break a scrublords brain. Nothing else.

Isn't that enough? Funny = fun. 

1 hour ago, Oicraftian said:

Having played both the IS and Chi Ri, it seems to me that Chi Ri's accuracy 'advantage' doesn't even exist.

Chi-Ri has slightly better gun handling (aim time) than the tier 9 Skoda:

https://tanks.gg/compare/chi-ri?t=skoda-t-25~skoda-t-50

I don't remember the IS sniping particularly well or being able to spot for itself so it can.

1 hour ago, Oicraftian said:

At that point, why not just play the IS.

Because the Chi-Ri is something different in the game. Trying to make it work is "interesting". I had fun 3 marking it anyway.

20 hours ago, Oicraftian said:

Having played both the IS and Chi Ri, it seems to me that Chi Ri's accuracy 'advantage' doesn't even exist.

At that point, why not just play the IS.

You were lucky with the IS. Chi-ri gun is rather reliable

The Chi-ri gun handles well, but bad pen + 75mm means you troll bounce 1/3 of your shots on soft targets. A 100mm is going to do so much better at that tier just because of how much shit it overmatches at tier 5-7.

I actually used the 122 on IS. If I wanted ROF I'd play a Tiger 1.

EDIT:

I cannot understand why you would downvote this since Tiger 1 gun is better in every way than the D-10T, the tank has a higher max and far more HP.

If you run food and stick close to red the IS with the 122 is the superior choice to the D-10T. Especially when it comes to carry because of how much damage you can do without bleeding.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:25 PM, lavawing said:

The Chi-ri gun handles well, but bad pen + 75mm means you troll bounce 1/3 of your shots on soft targets. A 100mm is going to do so much better at that tier just because of how much shit it overmatches at tier 5-7.

100mm on IS2? Are you crazy? 

Also Chi-ri handles well for 1 reason. It's underestimated by everyone. 

4 hours ago, Oicraftian said:

0.17/0.17/0.12 bloom with a wood pecker gun and massive size.

OK.

As already noted it’s gun handles better than the tier 9 Skoda; also the Cent 7/1, etc. Gun handling is it’s only positive attribute. Penning stuff might be a problem. But hitting it in the first place really isn’t.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:13 PM, hazzgar said:

100mm on IS2? Are you crazy? 

Also Chi-ri handles well for 1 reason. It's underestimated by everyone. 

IS not IS-2
Good DPM and higher APCR pen makes it more reliable against tier 8s than the 122, and you will meet 8s most of the time

7 hours ago, lavawing said:

IS not IS-2
Good DPM and higher APCR pen makes it more reliable against tier 8s than the 122, and you will meet 8s most of the time

No matter. It's still bad. The tank has no armor and is big. You need to trade. Also if you meet t8 and t9 you use 122 for overmatch memes

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

No matter. It's still bad. The tank has no armor and is big. You need to trade. Also if you meet t8 and t9 you use 122 for overmatch memes

I don't disagree that the tank is still bad, whichever gun you slap it on. But the 100 is the better gun by far because of consistency - OTOH  if you wanted 122mm overmatch memes the IS-2, IS-2 Berlin, and IS-2M are better for the job.

Also the IS is one of the smaller heavies in tier. For a tank that has no armor and is big, see the Chiri.

8 minutes ago, lavawing said:

I don't disagree that the tank is still bad, whichever gun you slap it on. But the 100 is the better gun by far because of consistency - OTOH  if you wanted 122mm overmatch memes the IS-2, IS-2 Berlin, and IS-2M are better for the job.

Also the IS is one of the smaller heavies in tier. For a tank that has no armor and is big, see the Chiri.

Chi-ri doesn't get focused because of its reputation as a shit tank. There is something I call "bad tank camo" which means some tanks often get ignored. 

IS never gets ignored. I pulled 1550 DPG despite super shit 43% win rate while grinding mine. With better teams I'd assume it would go higher. 1.5 skill crew started from 90%. My IS-2 is at 1444 but that's 11 games. 

I never thought IS was a bad tank for a tier 7. I grinded the entire thing in one sitting from stock to complete on a standard account at 1.7k DPG.

(my brain basically stopped working 1 hour in)

I do not say that because I am an accomplished player. Rather, its in contrast to my blue stats. 

It has 0.2/0.2/0.12 base bloom, just keep the bloom down and you can pump shots out fully aimed shots with little difficulty. 

The main shortfall of IS is spotting gap but it has extremely high combat abilities for a tier 7.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, Oicraftian said:

I never thought IS was a bad tank for a tier 7. I grinded the entire thing in one sitting from stock to complete on a standard account at 1.7k DPG.

(my brain basically stopped working 1 hour in)

I do not say that because I am an accomplished player. Rather, its in contrast to my blue stats. 

It has 0.2/0.2/0.12 base bloom, just keep the bloom down and you can pump shots out fully aimed shots with little difficulty. 

The main shortfall of IS is spotting gap but it has extremely high combat abilities for a tier 7.

It's worse than it was before since back in the day there was less vision and pen was lower so more tanks bounced on it. Still good though.