Nope

The Random Thoughts Thread

There's the territorial kerfluffle between the U.S. and British Empire that started over a pig. Someone shot the pig, there were evil shenanigans. Fortunately, no one died over it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War

In Brazil someone stole a house, many years ago.

It was a wooden house, owner went to work, in the morning and the house was gone when he got back. Someone had it raised and carried it off in a truck with everything inside.

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Zanzibar_War

Life by Mitis is a pretty dang good song.

Little 8 year old Susie is in her back yard digging a hole. Her neighbor Mr. Johnson peeks over the fence and says "gee Susie, what's going on?"

Susie says "I'm digging a hole, it's pretty obvious."

Mr. Johnson asks "why are you digging a hole?"

Susie replies "I'm burying my gold fish."

Mr Johnson laughs and asks "Why is the hole so big?"

Susie replies "Because my goldfish is inside your fucking cat".

Polandball comics are fun, I like them.

r/Polandball

Always some fresh OC here, which is where I got the comic.

It's reddit, doe

I'm such a sucker for those countryballs.

Right?!

The other day my father gave me a volume of our family history stating it was from my grandfather. I had glanced at some previously so just put it to the side and went about doing whatever. Only got to sit down and take a look at it after getting home from work today. Didn't even get through the dedication and man... the fucking feels. A copy of family history was published in 1951 and distributed to the family. My grandfather received his in 1980 from his mother after his father had passed. He worked on transcribing it as that copy was degrading. Took two years, then apparently made copies of it for myself, my older sister and our two cousins. The dedication he wrote to me was written in 86 when I was still 3 years old. I had felt, cried, like this since I was handed his folded flag at the cemetery in 2000. This copy is more than 400 pages covering eight generations and going back to 1773. It's weird seeing family members I know, alive and not, in a history. He wrote this is just one of two versions. I know he spent his life savings researching the family history, something my grandmother was furious over. Apparently he did a second, updated version. This first one he wished to be kept in the family as a momento to him. There's several people throughout the branches who have been communicating events for this history, record keeping and it had actually began around 1870 when people started doing the history.

Only while typing this up had I noticed the cover, essentially a 3 ring binder custom made with leather, had our surname and at the bottom my full name. After that I realized it's just like the binder I have at work - no writing though - which my dad took after grandpa had passed and was about to throw out when I said I'd take it. Didn't immediately find a use so tried to give it away and then considered throwing it out when I decided to just use it for work. As my younger sister wasn't born yet when he put this together my father was going to give her the one given to him by grandpa. I think instead I'll suggest we use the one I took to work and make a copy of what we have then have him write out a dedication instead. I think that would be the better thing to do.

^That's amazing. I'm 31 and know very little about my grandparents even. 

On a more opulent note, finally upgraded my interwebz from basic TWC tier:

4352958500.png

QAR5mhT.jpg?1