EchelonIII

Marks of Excellence

I guess they take into account extremly retarded parameters and/or a good percentage of luck, i've seen quite a few potatos with 1 mark, so yeah, another WG fuck up. I mean, sure if you can achive 4000 wn8 you'll the mark regardless but there has to be another thing that's taken into the equation to give below average/average people a mark.

There are already players outside with the top marks, which means, that others have to do more to get there. 

This makes sense. as the first people to 100 battles in that tank would have set the requirements, meaning bots would have been the first to get it, and as better players got up there the requirement would have gone up, however since you can't lose the marks once you have gotten them a lot of bad players will have top marks. They're not unicums, they just played the minimum requirement for battles first. 

This makes sense. as the first people to 100 battles in that tank would have set the requirements, meaning bots would have been the first to get it, and as better players got up there the requirement would have gone up, however since you can't lose the marks once you have gotten them a lot of bad players will have top marks. They're not unicums, they just played the minimum requirement for battles first.

"Working as intended" is excellent to reward the 30k battles bot.

Okay, so I just picked up a mark of excellence on my T-43 that I bought 2 days ago. Only put 29 battles through it, too, which is weird... I thought the minimum battles was higher.

Even more weird is that it's a 1-star (65%) mark. I find it hard to believe that 35% of other people have more than a 2.2 damage ratio with their T-43 considering how generally maligned it is.

This system just doesn't make any sense. I mean, I don't really care much, it's just a free piddly decal, but the lack of clarity on the part of Wargaming for how it works is beyond annoying. The few theories in this thread generally make more sense than the official "description tag" of the thing.

From FTR:

- the marks of excellence exact formula is very complicated and won’t be released

I think that's about as close to "we totally fucked up how we implemented this, it makes no sense, but we're not going to admit to that and we'll silently change it (or not!) in a future release" as you're liable to get.

I've done just shy of 100 battles in my 140 since 9.1.

2.5k avg. dpg (890 avg. dmg. ass.)

2.5k WN8

72% WR.

dmg/dmg. rec. ratio: 1.86

dmg+ass. dmg/dmg. rec. ratio: 2.53

It'll take a few more battles to get over the 65% MoE rung as I'm clearly just barely better than half the server population... :/

We have to grind tanks, crew and creds, I just wish this particular stat was just that and not something to grind. It seems it's more grindy than simply "do about 100 battles and then see what percentile you're within".

109 games in a recently purchased stb-1 at 3200 dpg and only 1 mark. Not quite sure what to make of it.

well I got one on my is8... lol? I imagine the stb is the new t69 (remember what it took to get master on that pos some time ago) in terms of getting the marks. bloody exercise in pure farming for the sake of achieving it.

on NA im guessing 3200 will get you 2nd mark and 3500 will get you all 3. that's rolling avg for last 100 games if one can trust WG on how the formula works.

EU should be harder since you have more people. So 3500 for 2nd and 3800-4000 for 3rd. good luck

I recently (Sunday, I think?) got one in my ELC AMX , much to my surprise.  It said I outscored, in damage, 65% of the player base that uses it.  I never would've thought I would've gotten on in that thing...lol  

*Snoopy Dance*

I think it only updates every week or so. The 95% line for most tanks will line up pretty closely with XVM, with a slight high bias at higher tiers. Basically:

At Low and Mid Tiers :

Light Green Players (and some yellow) will end up with 1 mark

Light Green and Some Dark Green will end up with 2 marks

Some Dark Green and nearly all Blue+ will end up with 3 marks

At tier 8 and 9

Light Green = 1 Mark

Dark Green/Blue = 2 Marks

High Blue/Light Purple = 3 marks

At tier 10:

High Light Green = 1 Mark

Low Blue = 2 Marks

Light Purple = 3 marks

I went through the the games I played since the patch was released in WoT statistics and compared DamageDealt+DamageAssisted to the Mark of Excellence percentage. Here are the results, all played on NA, and I'm assuming a linear MoE function (which I'm absolutely not sure about<---- It's actually pretty stupid, now that I think about.).

How much damage you have to do and assist on NA per percent point of Mark of Excellency (maybe):

(DD+DA)/MoE%:

Tier 5

Chi-Nu Kai: 524.42

Churchill III: 656.16

ELC AMX: 190.94

Excelsior: 873.88

Matilda IV: 660.88

T14: 510.16

T-25: 641.48

Tier 7

E-25: 1004.74

SU-122-44: 1233.67

Tier 8

KV-5:1488.19

IS-6: 1314.12

T34: 1444.13

WZ-132: 1026.67

Tier 9

Conqueror: 2170.76

E-50: 1560.9

Type 61: 2571.8

Tier 10:

E-50M: 3331.54

T110E5: 3942.14

Edited by _Goliard

I think it only updates every week or so. The 95% line for most tanks will line up pretty closely with XVM, with a slight high bias at higher tiers. Basically:

At Low and Mid Tiers :

Light Green Players (and some yellow) will end up with 1 mark

Light Green and Some Dark Green will end up with 2 marks

Some Dark Green and nearly all Blue+ will end up with 3 marks

At tier 8 and 9

Light Green = 1 Mark

Dark Green/Blue = 2 Marks

High Blue/Light Purple = 3 marks

At tier 10:

High Light Green = 1 Mark

Low Blue = 2 Marks

Light Purple = 3 marks

That would be nice if that's how it worked, but it doesn't. Like I said above, I had about 3-4k WN8 average on my T-43 and only got 1 mark. The system they use is clearly a lot more shitty and convoluted than that.

So, I just achieved the second Mark of Excellence in my WZ-132 - followed by a series of games I just made good amounts of assisted damage. Direct damage was something like 800 and 400. So my guess is that this counts towards the formula as well.

Dunno if it was mentioned (didn't read the whole thread), but if I recall when watching the oh-so-interesting video on this a month or two ago, they said that for the marks they are resetting all stats for that to begin the day that the marks began. So regardless of how well you've done in the past, only the last few weeks matter (when 9.1 came out???).

Alright, here's more fuel to this fire of confusion: I just got 2 marks of excellence in my T-43, even though my average damage per battle has dropped from 2.2k down to 1.7k, and damage ratio down from 2.1 to 1.9. I guess you could say the damage ratio requirement set by other players has somehow dropped drastically over the course of a couple days, but I highly doubt that.

I suspect it is a 0 padded array issue. Once you have over 100 games in the vehicle your actual stats will count. 1700 DPG in a tier 7 medium is more then 95% of the playerbase can manage, and I can count on my hands how many players I have seen with 2.1k in a tier 7 tank.

I suspect it is a 0 padded array issue. Once you have over 100 games in the vehicle your actual stats will count. 1700 DPG in a tier 7 medium is more then 95% of the playerbase can manage, and I can count on my hands how many players I have seen with 2.1k in a tier 7 tank.

Like I posted earlier though, I got my first mark of excellence after only 29 games when I was at 2.1k. My DPG has gone down and yet I picked up a second mark (at about 74 games).

I've got 3.5 DPG in my Leo and I only qualify for the 1st Mark of Excellence. Apparently 33% of players are achieving better than this.

Admittedly I play very aggressively and usually end a match dead or with little HP, so I'm probably being screwed over if it takes into account damage taken. 

I've got 3.5 DPG in my Leo and I only qualify for the 1st Mark of Excellence. Apparently 33% of players are achieving better than this.

Admittedly I play very aggressively and usually end a match dead or with little HP, so I'm probably being screwed over if it takes into account damage taken. 

It goes by damage ratio and I'm pretty sure you need lots of games played after the patch to get them and it's currently bugged so you can only get 2 at max. Something funky is going on atleast so don't really take it seriously.

It goes by damage ratio and I'm pretty sure you need lots of games played after the patch to get them and it's currently bugged so you can only get 2 at max. Something funky is going on atleast so don't really take it seriously.

I hate to keep posting this and sounding like a broken record, but I feel it's still important to point out: it apparently goes by neither damage ratio nor by games played. I got my first MoE after only 29 games, and when my damage ratio went down from 2.1 to 1.9 I then received my second one (2 marks out of 3) at 70 some odd games.

There is indeed something bugged or very, very weird going on with these things that nobody has even gotten close to figuring out or deciphering yet.

Well all of the tanks I play regularly are now creeping upwards... almost to 60% for all of them. Haven't had much time to see if I can get the last 2 on the IS8. That one I got in like 10 games. lol?

I like that they are hard to get, however I dislike that getting them is seemingly random in some tanks, and mission impossible in others, for no logical reasons that we could come up with yet.