EchelonIII

Marks of Excellence

Vbaddict now records your mark of excellence progress and gives an "average damage to next mark."  According to this, I need 4604 average damage in my E 50 for the third mark.  Lol.

Where is that?

Where is that?

Go to your tanks list and just select a particular tank. It will be in the "overview" tab for that tank.  I think it is an estimate based on other people who have reached each mark, since there is no data for the third mark on my M6 or Tiger H.

E 50 and not E 50m?

This is too lulzy.

This is with 3089 average damage for my last 206 games, so it's not like I've reached 2 marks and then dropped in performance, either.  I can't imagine what it would take for a tier 10 TD...7000 average?  I seriously doubt these numbers are based on actual players and aren't totally arbitrary.

Go to your tanks list and just select a particular tank. It will be in the "overview" tab for that tank.  I think it is an estimate based on other people who have reached each mark, since there is no data for the third mark on my M6 or Tiger H.

This is with 3089 average damage for my last 206 games, so it's not like I've reached 2 marks and then dropped in performance, either.  I can't imagine what it would take for a tier 10 TD...7000 average?  I seriously doubt these numbers are based on actual players and aren't totally arbitrary.

No way they're based on actual numbers. For the Super Pershing it says I'm at 75.2%, but I'm in the top 50 for damage across SEA, EU, and NA out of people ranked on vbaddict. And I seriously doubt there's a shit ton of super unicums in the Super Persh that don't use vbaddict.

So we've established that the Marks of Excellence do not mark excellence in any way, shape, or form.   They are almost certainly bugged to not reflect the skill of players and on top of that most of the people with 3 of them were actually running bot programs the first couple days of 9.1.   They definitely have no statistical correlation to winning and don't even work as a reasonable measure for performance expectations.

What's the point of caring about these things again? 

I'm gonna go back to trying to improve on my win rate. 

No way they're based on actual numbers. For the Super Pershing it says I'm at 75.2%, but I'm in the top 50 for damage across SEA, EU, and NA out of people ranked on vbaddict. And I seriously doubt there's a shit ton of super unicums in the Super Persh that don't use vbaddict.

majority of EU unicums doesnt use VBaddict i think (heck tons of unicums arent even in a clan...)

I guess for the marks its:

(dmg dealt + dmg assist) / dmg taken / games played**

**it divides by the amount of games played with a minimum of 100, so forget about getting mark 3 if you dont have 100 games (even 2 is hard)

atleast, thats what i think it does, but its still terribble bugged, nobody seems to get mark 3.... (atleast last time i checked around a little)

I don't use vbaddict. never have. But im also bad.

So I am at 75.xx% in the m103. How? I have no idea. meanwhile my stb has stalled at 59.36% for days now. I cant even get 1 axe in that thing.

Vbaddict now records your mark of excellence progress and gives an "average damage to next mark."  According to this, I need 4604 average damage in my E 50 for the third mark.  Lol.

I was all excited to see what it might say, but...

pCHjRXd.png

majority of EU unicums doesnt use VBaddict i think (heck tons of unicums arent even in a clan...)

I guess for the marks its:

(dmg dealt + dmg assist) / dmg taken / games played**

**it divides by the amount of games played with a minimum of 100, so forget about getting mark 3 if you dont have 100 games (even 2 is hard)

atleast, thats what i think it does, but its still terribble bugged, nobody seems to get mark 3.... (atleast last time i checked around a little)

Would mark 3 show as 3 rings on a gun barrel?

Managed to get my first mark on my Lowe last night in my warmup games, and I was really disappointed with the positioning.  Right on the the tip just behind the muzzle break, and I feel it isn't really noticeable.  I was expecting it to be closer to the middle where it will actually, you know, STAND OUT.

Managed to get my first mark on my Lowe last night in my warmup games, and I was really disappointed with the positioning.  Right on the the tip just behind the muzzle break, and I feel it isn't really noticeable.  I was expecting it to be closer to the middle where it will actually, you know, STAND OUT.

They started pretty close to the barrel and then added more, I think. Sorry the Nazi-era Germans didn't share your sense for aesthetics :(

2zsu3xl.jpg

I had a pubby in arty last night call me a "bulls noob" and tell me to get a star on my barrel.

I lol'd.

Can you actually see other people's marks? I never really bothered to check for them, and the option in the settings menu makes it sound like you can only see your own.

They started pretty close to the barrel and then added more, I think. Sorry the Nazi-era Germans didn't share your sense for aesthetics :(

2zsu3xl.jpg

Can you actually see other people's marks? I never really bothered to check for them, and the option in the settings menu makes it sound like you can only see your own.

What you mean gun tip?

the entire barrel is zebra-pattern :P

88-04.jpg

Im almost sure i've seen them on other peoples tanks, it seems kind of pointless if only you could see them. But then again it is wargaming.

What you mean gun tip?

the entire barrel is zebra-pattern :P

88-04.jpg

It would have been pretty cool if you get a ring for every 50 kills or so and if you play enough you can cover the entire barrel. Or like the system for air and ground kills in WoWP, which I think is better than MoE in WoT.

Im almost sure i've seen them on other peoples tanks, it seems kind of pointless if only you could see them. But then again it is wargaming.

It wouldn't make sense, yes. :serb:

It would have been pretty cool if you get a ring for every 50 kills or so and if you play enough you can cover the entire barrel. Or like the system for air and ground kills in WoWP, which I think is better than MoE in WoT.

It wouldn't make sense, yes. :serb:

you can see them, i can see my platoon mates stars aswell (and he could see mine)

There are at least 2 players in this thread on the official forum who have received 3 marks, so apparently it is possible. I didn't look into thier stats on the vehicles.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/373542-does-anyone-even-have-3-marks-of-excellence-yet/page__st__40#topmost

I checked the stats of the guy who has 95.02% in his tier 5 Leo, and he has over 5k games in that thing. So it's impossible to know how he actually performed once MoE was introduced.

So I got my E-50M and decided to run an excel sheet to try and figure out how the markers work. It was completed in a span of a couple of days to minimize its... err... allegedly shifting requirements due to peer performance. I thought the E-50M would be a decent tank to try this on, especially considering all the new players getting it, the average performance should drop a bit due to player unfamiliarity & lowered barrier to E-50M entry due to the drop in store price.

You can see the google doc here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GGLnsz5874AjapwSBvEbi18q0Ju6tBakcYV7BDM3Avk/edit?usp=sharing

Too Long;Didn't Analyze: 100 solo battles were played at 61-2-37 (Wins-Ties-Loss). 2,738 damage a game.

I've made quite a few charts trying to figure it out, but whether its just (Damage+Assists)/100 or DmgDealt/DmgRecieved it really doesn't matter. All of these metrics move at the same relative pace to each other, just on a different plane.

Chart1.jpg

Even just taking a running ratio of (Damage+Assists)/3000, without using damage received, shows the same picture (the 3,000 is added for chart scaling purposes):

Chart2.jpg

The weird thing to notice is that around 60 battles or so, the Service Tab % rate increase starts to slow down, yet the damage level is still going up. In fact, if you scale the Service Tab percentage against the remaining battles out of 100, assuming the system plugs 0 damage battles in for your other 100 that you haven't played, you can get an idea of where you're headed [serviceTab% * (100/Current Battle # played)]:

chart3.jpg

And you can see the very odd drop off in predicted rate here. Now, some of this might be because you've just crested 50% of the population (according to the service tab), and since the population should lie on a bell curve, you would imagine it will get harder to increase your service tab % going forward. However, you're still just going from the 40th percentile into the 60th at this point, and the drop in rate increase should not be THIS strong. You would imagine this graph should look more like so:

EDIT: I've made progress with understanding this problem a bit more, and so far am just willing to say that the entire service tab increase makes no sense from a distribution perspective. I was probably wrong about the preceding paragraph. Will update with new post later.

Chart4.jpg

So I'm not entirely sure what the heck Wargaming is doing with this formula. I thought the "Damage Ratio for MOE" metric was more about "Total Damage Caused / Number of battles played in Specific Tank," but the plateau increase I hit seems to suggest the "recent 100 battles thing" is actually real. But then the question is, who the heck is playing at such a high level. I looked at several unicum players stats in the E-50M, and most were below 3,000 damage average a battle.

Who are these players with such high damage we're competing against?  Chinese server behind the great firewall confirmed full of ultra unicums

Did Wargaming mess up the formula? Possibly. Its even possible they're comparing your personal Damage in 100 battles against the average populations Damage+Assists in 100 battles, which would partially explain the problems of the system, since its comparing similar stats on two completely different planes.

Is the formula more about your number of battles played like "Personal Rating?" Maybe.

And in conclusion, since I used VBAddict for most of the stat tracking, I was able to check how it judges what I need to get the second marker on the E-50M:

serb.jpg

Edited by AdmiralKird