Looks like the lil guy will be 50% off this weekend, gents.

I think I will pick one up. Can't be worse than the IVS or M10Panth.

I swear this thing turns like my KV-5. Even the turret traverse is horrendous. I'm going to have to make some serious adjustments. Straight line speed and acceleration are fine, but it definitely can't be called maneuverable. I'm not impressed; Ram II is better.

people seem to be bashing a lot of stats on the T-25 that aren't relevant to how it's played, I've had pretty decent success treating it as a tier 5 panther, because that's all you really need from a premium, barring those that are behind on their nerfs most premiums aren't going to fare well against competent players in my experience, I've had by and far the most success treating the T-25 as a very aggressive support tank, you don't create gaps in the enemy line, you just try and avoid taking damage until you can find and reach one to exploit.

the T-25 does indeed suffer in any situation where it isn't driving in a straight line, and is a mediocre at best tank as the bottom tier, I'm rather used to all these attributes from my panther though, but the T-25, despite it's still bad alpha, is more relevant at it's tier with said alpha, whereas the panther is typically tickling people to death at long range the T-25 can churn out a more relatively solid amount of DPM at medium and short ranges

"but surge you said it's a tier 5 panther, none of this is how you play the panther"

that's because the panther line scales down from tier 6 to tier 7, but regardless of what the actual stats on the panther are and how they affect it's playstyle, the general effect intended from those stats is seen quite clearly in the T-25, it has enough armor to bounce some shots, but not enough to rely on it, it has a generally reliable gun that will still troll you from time to time, and is fast in a straight line, these are the things I expect of my panther and VK30.02M, and why I sternly believe the panther badly needs a buff is another rant for another time.

as in any premium though, THE most important thing to do is let go of the usual concern about damage, kills, and winning, it's a premium tank, you're guaranteed a good haul in silver and XP, just let go and some fun with it, it's a perfectly serviceable tank without you jumping through any real playstyle hoops but if you expect to outperform the other tanks at your tier you will be sorely disappointed

...as in any premium though, THE most important thing to do is let go of the usual concern about damage, kills, and winning, it's a premium tank, you're guaranteed a good haul in silver and XP, just let go and some fun with it, it's a perfectly serviceable tank without you jumping through any real playstyle hoops but if you expect to outperform the other tanks at your tier you will be sorely disappointed

I don't want to let go of winning. If you can't win in the tank, then it's not a good crew trainer. That sort of ruins the rest of your wall of text.

I don't want to let go of winning. If you can't win in the tank, then it's not a good crew trainer. That sort of ruins the rest of your wall of text.

I am a mediocre player at best.  Have a 59% winrate in my T-25.  It's a capable tank.  Play to its strengths and you'll do fine.

It does turn like a truck.  Plan for that.

I am a mediocre player at best.  Have a 59% winrate in my T-25.  It's a capable tank.  Play to its strengths and you'll do fine.

It does turn like a truck.  Plan for that.

Winning! :thumbup:

I haven't given up on it. It just wasn't what I expected. Thanks for the input.

Note that Winrate depends on crew as well. I trained up so many 75% crews... still 52% for me. I think this is the 3rd crew I am training though.

Huge health pool, fast, okish armor, decent pen, great depression.

Bad aim time, bad turret and track traverse, bad view range, middling acceleration.

It's a quirky tank, but I like it. 64% winrate and 3076 WN8 after 56 games. It's also been used in tournaments a few times.

shooting prem ammo and this thing still sucks but I got it on a deal when someone finds a good load out please post

T-25 is a really nice tier5 premium. No need to use gold because pen is ok for the tier. Speed in straight line is awesome and the high health pool makes u on top in many brawls + high health pool gives more opportunities to poke out and shoot equalling nice damage and credits. No complaints whatsoever, gun depression is great too. Only gripe is the slowish aim time, but when you get used to it it´s fine and what can you expecct from a tier5? Got it last christmas for 750 gold. Really bang for the buck so to speak!

I've come to really like the T-25. It's fast and it's got decent armor for it's tier. I run it with a GLD, rammer, and vision device (I'll get optics when they're on sale next). I like to play very conservatively at first and then I can unleash, moving in to mop up or brawl. The only time I ever use gold is in Tier 7 games when I have a hard time penetrating the heavy tanks. When top tier, it's fairly safe to trade with heavies, sometimes, because of the large health pool and semi-fast firing gun.

I'm proud of this game on Steppes from the north. I think this shows what the T-25 is capable of.  Okay, okay - part of me just wanted to brag about this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC6u2k3uxzA

Not in english, but a nice game. Shows really what is T-25 capable of doing.  Biggest strength is you face noobs, so its easier to win.

You know, this tank is basically trash. I've played it a ton almost all in platoons for crew training, but it's basically junk. The view range is cripplingly bad in a tier where vision is still big, the gun control is heavy tank bad. 0.16 turret bloom, 0.25 fire on the move, 2.5 aim time, 0.41 accuracy. Literally bordering on KV-1 85mm level bad. Its other exceptional property is speed, but with awful traverse and turret speed it gets trolled in close range engagements. It's not even really all that fast due to crap ground resistance. It's also large and poorly armored.

All that for what? 10 depression, average pen and DPM, some extra HPs. Two cripplingly bad weakness in view range and gun handling with a few decent properties. Finally shelved it, it doesn't win games.

7 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Finally shelved it, it doesn't win games.

---> has 77% WR in it.

:O

I literally haven't soloed it in years. It's one of those things where when one of us brings out a T-25 (or other weak tank) the other two reflexively bring out OP crap to compensate.

I'm gonna drop GLD for binocs and give this thing one last chance in the "chai sniping bitch" role instead of "mid range medium" role. Good straight line speed with no agility means "stay far away from yoloing retards" so we'll try that approach even though the other properties don't lend themselves to sniping very well.

15 hours ago, Smbakeresq said:

binoculars work better. Rammer, vents, binoculars seem best combo 

EGLD man! It has heavy tank aim time without armor.

Binos rammer

On 6.10.2016 at 4:16 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I literally haven't soloed it in years. It's one of those things where when one of us brings out a T-25 (or other weak tank) the other two reflexively bring out OP crap to compensate.

I'm gonna drop GLD for binocs and give this thing one last chance in the "chai sniping bitch" role instead of "mid range medium" role. Good straight line speed with no agility means "stay far away from yoloing retards" so we'll try that approach even though the other properties don't lend themselves to sniping very well.

Other tanks being T 67 or T-34? they can carry very well.

In sniping role you too need the EGLD. Until you aim, enemies have gone away+slow shells.

EGLD is mostly useless and out classed except in a few cases.  Its the way the accuracy equation works.  Vents improve your base accuracy, i.e. the accuracy number you see in the game.  Because of that, your gun will be more accurate at aimtime (0) and will be more accurate at aimtime (fully aimed in) with VENTS then it will be with EGLD.  This is obviously true in all cases. 

EGLD only changes how fast you go from aimtime (0) to (fully aimed in.) If you are motionless, then EGLD has some value.  If you are moving at all, turret, hull or hull rotation, EGLD will still try reduce aimtime, but it will not overcome the effects of bloom values from the movement.  At everyone of those points VENTS will be more accurate.  This is because bloom increase the aiming circle much faster than EGLD can compensate for, thats the effect you see when you are aiming in but the circle doesn't shrink for a little bit.  It is possible in some cases that the effects of a EGLD at some points on the AimTime vs Accuracy curve that EGLD will be more accurate then VENTS would be, but VENTS will always be more accurate at the beginning and end of the aiming process (and most points in between also.)  Its really only useful for the very long aim time tanks that are not brawlers, generally around 2.7 seconds or more.

The question is always accuracy vs time.  Your accuracy at any point in time is ~ FinalAccuracy(at aimtime T) = BaseAccuracy(turret bloom + hull bloom + movement bloom + after firing bloom.)   Vents (and BIA and Food) affect the BaseAccuracy, which modifies the rest of the equation, all of the time.

VENTS give you other little effects also.

If you ALWAYS aim all the way in to shoot every shot, then EGLD will let you shoot faster but not more accurate.  Remember that you time to aim fully in is roughly 3 times the listed aim time of the gun.  EGLD would be better in that case.

1 hour ago, Smbakeresq said:

Its really only useful for the very long aim time tanks that are not brawlers, generally around 2.7 seconds or more.

...like the T-25. Ok, 2.5 rather than 2.7, but otherwise it fits.

There are so many superior tanks in tier 5 it's not even funny. T67 is ultraOP, OI is close. Wolverine, BDR, KV-1, KV-1S, T1, T-34, Type T-34, M7 are all good. Somewhere way down the list is the T-25, at least they added garbage like the Pz III K, M4 Improved, and Turian to keep it company.

Really it's a wash between vents and GLD I'd say. Turret bloom hurts snipers since they have to full aim to hit anything as a rule, so GLD is a good idea for the tank. But vents increases RoF, accuracy, improves aim time less slightly, and increases the painfully low view range. For the role of shoot and run away both are going to give pretty similar marginal improvements, just in different aspects. Tank direly needs all the equipment because tank is direly shit.