AnArmyofBun

Bun's thread of Transitional Cataloging and discussion (and shenanigans).

Wow, go to bed early and miss the troll. 

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised we've made it over 100 pages into this thread without that happening more often.

Wow, I think I cut myself on Lace's edges. It'll never cease to amaze me what people can get butthurt over on the internet and how they must dictate how others have to live their lives. "How dare you do what other people advised you to do so they can throw money at you!" :^)

Gotta counter that edge with some soft round fluffiness:

sdRpU1d.gif

8nG03wS.gif

XW8MPyu.gif

I want to apologize for being a little snappy in my last post. I know that I overreacted (you may not think so, but for me that's overreacting) and it's not truly Lacey's fault. Both my parents are trying to use me against each other for every little thing I say. It's been a long time coming and they finally got separation papers sorted out last week, but it's not easy for me right now because I know what's going on, I know the cause, etc. My last post came from frustration and anger, and that's just not who I am. 

I want to apologize for being a little snappy in my last post. I know that I overreacted (you may not think so, but for me that's overreacting) and it's not truly Lacey's fault. Both my parents are trying to use me against each other for every little thing I say. It's been a long time coming and they finally got separation papers sorted out last week, but it's not easy for me right now because I know what's going on, I know the cause, etc. My last post came from frustration and anger, and that's just not who I am.

Emotions are difficult to control. Small things can cause much larger things to erupt out. I know. You responded as you were feeling. It's okay. You make it right and move on. You're doing the right things.

Looks like I missed all the excitement too. Kinda glad I did. I know I wouldn't have responded nearly as politely as Bun did. Also thanks to Solono for dealing with the troll effectively.

I'm not so sure it's trolling/being an asshole so much as not having read the thread. Taken out of context, I could see how this could be confused as being greedy on Bun's part.

So for those of you skipping to the last page, the gofundme isn't Bun being greedy. It's because her previous procedures have run up a five figure receipt, and this one by itself has a five figure price tag. Not a lot of people I know have a spare $20,000 in their back pocket, so naturally she could use some help to ease the financial burden. Assuming I haven't gotten everything wrong again.

I'm not so sure it's trolling/being an asshole so much as not having read the thread. Taken out of context, I could see how this could be confused as being greedy on Bun's part.

So for those of you skipping to the last page, the gofundme isn't Bun being greedy. It's because her previous procedures have run up a five figure receipt, and this one by itself has a five figure price tag. Not a lot of people I know have a spare $20,000 in their back pocket, so naturally she could use some help to ease the financial burden. Assuming I haven't gotten everything wrong again.

Gastric Bypass cost me nothing for the surgery.  The process up to, change in diet, required vitamins and stuff probably run me about 3000.

My skin removal and breast augmentation cost me a total of $13.500.00 dollars.

Clothes, stuff like that?  Probably a lot.  I haven't kept track.  You have to rebuild your Entire life. 

So yeah I'm around 16k-18k in already.  They say transition costs around 40k total.  They're not wrong.  I'll sell my car if I have to.  I don't really care.  This is getting done.  You're correct though Will, nothing wrong in your assessment. 

The LGBT center of norfolk has started offering full psychological requirements for transitional surgery.  You need 2 letters, one from your therapist or councilor or whatever, and one from a Lisenced individual who has the degrees and stuff beyond a therapist.  It used to be that you had to go Find an independant one who may or may not help you, keep you over a year, whatever they want.  Here at the center.  Now, because I pushed it with my therapist.  I'll only need to see someone a few times, and the process will be kept much cheaper, faster, easier than it would have been.

It cut my time in half.  This is happening.  By this time next year with all luck I'll be done with surgery.  I'm so excited I'm still bouncing in my chair. 

Awesome news.  Sounds like things are going along swimmingly hoppingly?  Oh screw it, if I'm going to mess something up, I'm gonna mess everything up.

IT'S HOPPENING!

The only thing I'd add to this is that Bun didn't start a GoFundMe page because she wanted to.  She started one because the people who frequent this thread asked her to.  Then she said no.  So we coerced her.  She still said no.  So the people of the thread begged her to let us give her money because we care, and she finally relented and started a Gofundme page.  It was like pulling teeth to get Bun to let us help :)

Hi Bun, I haven't chimed in here for a while. Hope you have been keeping well!

I have nothing constructive to post but I wanted to say hi...

Is .... is this ... the correct measurement of bun?

r4svGIj.jpg

Like, how does one measure the quantity of bun? By cup?

Dammit Lert, I was about to post that.

Have a bunny hatching from its egg. Bunnies lay eggs right?

baby-bunnies-omg-cute-things-082112-06.j

So after three years (give or take) of a long distance relationship I am single again. When I came home last week from visiting her in the US again I just realized we weren't working, weren't compatible.

Eh, what can you do.

This feeling of unmotivated directionless empty apathy will pass, right?

So after three years (give or take) of a long distance relationship I am single again. When I came home last week from visiting her in the US again I just realized we weren't working, weren't compatible.

Eh, what can you do.

Took me about a month after my wife left for that apathetic feeling to go away. 

You'll get better.

I was dating a girl from my home town for 3 years, went to school an hour away. I was able to go home to visit people about once a month. I think it was November when I had been home, wanted to see her, she said she had been too busy, already had plans, and couldn't see me that weekend. Got back to school Sunday night, Monday afternoon I get a message from her on facebook that she wants to break up. No phone call, couldn't see me over the weekend, she broke up with me over facebook. I had no idea she felt that way, and it left me feeling extremely hurt for about 3 months. Then I just got angry and still kinda feel that way if I ever think about her. That was also 3.5 years ago that it happened. I live my life day to day and 99% of the time I'm over it, but occasionally I still find myself thinking about it. 

TL;DR I don't think you fully get over it, if the relationship meant anything to you. The longer you're together and the stronger the feelings, the harder it is. I was one of those guys who was happiest when I spent time with her. 

The difference is that I was the one who made the decision, and I still stand by it.

I'm a bit better now. Yeah, still sad, but that's to be expected. As per above poster, I don't think I'll ever fully get over it - if my past relationships are any indication.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Eh, what can you do.

We don't have to fully get over things.  I'm sorry you had to come to that choice sugar.  Keeping what we loved about someone in our hearts even though we have to let them go for their sake, or ours.  Is an okay thing to do.  It's just keeping that gem and not letting it become a bitter and hard stone in your chest that can be difficult.  You'll find someone new to share your time with, in time.  Keep looking, keep trying.  We're here for you.