AnArmyofBun

Bun's thread of Transitional Cataloging and discussion (and shenanigans).

58 minutes ago, AnArmyofBun said:

Hey everybunny.  Got a bit o an update.  I have a surgery date for GRS scheduled on January 13th. [Emphasis mine]

That's is absolutely fabulous news!
Coincidentally, I'm going to be completely off the grid for a tad over two months... starting the 13th of January. Hopefully there will be plenty to catch up on when I'm back!

On Monday, October 12, 2015, AnArmyofBun said:

So, I'm working back the 5-6 grand I need to get everything fixed up.  Gonna take time but I can do it, I know I can.

Check the BunnyFund - it's been rounded :)

2 hours ago, vacputer said:

That's is absolutely fabulous news!
Coincidentally, I'm going to be completely off the grid for a tad over two months... starting the 13th of January. Hopefully there will be plenty to catch up on when I'm back!

Check the BunnyFund - it's been rounded :)

Thank you so much Vac!  Every dollar I get from here on out goes to reduce the amount of care credit I need to use, saving me from debt.  This is deeply appreciated.

Got plans for the bunny holidays?  

I'll be drinking....heavily.
Most likely

I don't want to be anywhere near my family at this point.

I'll be drinking....heavily.
Most likely

I don't want to be anywhere near my family at this point.

Obligatory don't drink alone or if you are depressed...

Merry Christmas to bun and everyone.

It's been quiet here lately and maybe that's good since nothing horribly wrong has come up to post about. I hope you're well.

What are some things you didn't expect about your transition or things you wish you had known before you began?

Good evening everyone.  Sorry for my long time away.  This last few months has been very difficult for me.  A lot of stuff I can't really go into right now.  But I will later on.  I've been trying to keep it together.  Trying to stay moving forward you know?  I was supposed to head up to PA for surgery on the 13th.  A week prior, I caught a very very bad Pneumonia.  Coulda kicked the bucket pretty easy as bad as it got.  Spent new years eve in the ER.  I'm just now getting better really.  My cough isn't so bad anymore.

I missed the surgical date which really bummed me out.  I had planned to do some really neat videos for you all.  I'll still do it.  My new date is march 29th. 

To answer your question Inciatus:  I wish I'd known where to get my ears pierced (DON'T GO TO A MALL KIOSK JESUS CHRIST DON'T).  I wish I'd known to be a little less trusting of people seeking to guide one through it.  They may not know best, and I learned that first hand.  I didn't expect it to go as well as it did to be honest.  I had been thinking on it so long, there wasn't much to surprise me it feels like, but we're not done yet.  We're never done.  We'll see how this next bit goes.  Another thing I really wish I'd known before I started is how important a good primary care physician is.  One who understands you.  One who wants you to be well.  I would advise everyone, really try to have one of these in general.  A person who knows their field well, and is willing to *TALK* to you and answer your questions.  I guess that applies to most everyone though.  I also wish I'd known how much of an issue Areola size would be.  There's a stark difference when you've had work done.  So, hey at least it opens the doors for awesome boob tats.  I wish I'd known really how painful it would all be.  I really wish I'd known that, so I'd have been able to manage my pain meds better.  Keep in mind I love narcotic painkillers - they're my jam addiction wise.

I'm moving shortly - to New Mexico.  School.  Nursing.  Fun.  Yay.

With a lot of the issues I've been facing melting away shortly.  I'll have a lot more energy to put into this topic again.  I'm glad you're all here.

Okay. I know it's been quiet and slow for a long time. Now it's show time. I'm in the hospital. Surgery in fourty minutes. Scared shitless and thanks to the medication I am literally shitless. There are no shits but I am scared. 

The giddy anxiety is gone. It's just that feeling before you know you're about to risk your life and be asleep. Going into it knowing this might be the last time you see anything. 

Surgery scares me. But I know I'll be fine. It's gonna be difficult for a while but hey. No pain no gain. 

Let the fun begin. 

That is profoundly exciting!
Scary, no doubt, but... well, the day's here. Best of luck, and please do keep us posted- I know I'll be waiting with baited breath to hear how things go!

Well, Bun just got taken back for surgery prep. I'm a little disappointed because when she's had surgery it in the past I've always been able to stay with her a little longer. At least until the anesthesiologist does their meet and greet. But hey, at least I know her surgeon is fantastic.

I'm holed up in the hospitality room watching Archer and contemplating breaking into the chocolate horde Erica bought for me yesterday. 

Anyhow, I'll share updates when I get them until Bun is back to take over. It'll be four or five hours 'till she's out and I can hold her hand again.

Just spoke with the surgeon, Bun did fantastic and everything went perfectly. She'll be in recovery for about an hour and then I'll be able to be with her agian.

Edited by Signy

That's good to hear. Hopefully, the recovery will go well.

Still waiting to see her. I think the nurses got tired of me asking about her so they sent me down to the room she'll eventually be moved to. This hospital really handle ls things weirdly, through. The last two times she had surgery I was brought in as she was waking up, and was allowed to be with her as she transited to the room she'd be staying in.

I'm thinking about staking out the elevators, but with my luck they'd bring her down from a different set and I'd miss her. That and I don't want to look like a total stalker...

Edited by Signy

19 minutes ago, Signy said:

Still waiting to see her. I think the nurses got tired of me asking about her so they sent me down to the room she'll eventually be moved to.

I'm thinking about staking out the elevators, but with my luck they'd bring her down from a different set and I'd miss her. That and I don't want to look like a total stalker...

I gotta be honest, this is the cutest, most adorable thing.

Super glad things worked fine! :)

hooray! bun's alive! 

2 minutes ago, AnArmyofBun said:

Ow

I tend to hate trite sayings, but the following came to mind and I couldn't help myself:
No Pain, No Gain.

Glad you're doing well, hope you heal up quickly!  In the meantime here are some bunny pictures to help you feel better. 

Spoiler

54807856.jpg

tumblr_lyn8jfHHZ81qfmjnk.jpg

stewart_bunny_1.jpg

bunny_nurse.jpg

Bit late for a good luck so will leave a have a great recovery. which as we know is the worst part.

Okay then!  I'm a bit more aware now. I'd love to answer any questions anyone has. It's been super interesting. I have a blond fuzzy beard now. Which is hilarious. 

They ask me what my pain is and I always say 1-2. It's really not a painful surgery from my experience so far. Sore yeah. Stiff yeah. Exertion drains you really fast but the pain has been really minor. I'm shocked. 

I figured id be in some serious pain. But beyond the first few hours it all really faded to just the catheter being uncomfortable. Even that's not so bad now. Pulling it out tho. No Bueno.

Anyhoo fire any questions you have. Nothing is off limits. 

2 minutes ago, AnArmyofBun said:

Anyhoo fire any questions you have. Nothing is off limits. 

Ooh, I do love Q&A!

Question 1: If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you be willing to describe the experience you had with the process of reaching this point from your last major milestone? I imagine the informed consent process was a bit more in-depth than usual- little details like that would be much appreciated.

Question 2: By both your personal assessment and that of the medical professionals you're surrounded by, how did things go for you? It's certainly the case that a solid answer to that question will require a good while longer to develop, but I'd love to hear how you're feeling now.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Bun!

2 minutes ago, vacputer said:

Ooh, I do love Q&A!

Question 1: If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you be willing to describe the experience you had with the process of reaching this point from your last major milestone? I imagine the informed consent process was a bit more in-depth than usual- little details like that would be much appreciated.

Question 2: By both your personal assessment and that of the medical professionals you're surrounded by, how did things go for you? It's certainly the case that a solid answer to that question will require a good while longer to develop, but I'd love to hear how you're feeling now.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Bun!

Well. The process of informed consent was pretty easy. Your therapist discusses it with you and you have to really understand it isn't a fix all. You need signatures from two medical professionals in the therapy field and your general practitioner has to sign off as well. 

Basically stating that you know what you're doing. Risks and all. I think that's what you wanted to know?  I mean it's not bad if you have people willing to work with you and they see that you're really in an okay place to make it happen.  Truthfully I wasn't in the best spot but I went for it. As I can't afford to miss things again. 

Thats how it is. Most times things will not line up perfectly and you have to be willing to take the risks. 

I think it went really well. The pain is minimal. Anyone who's seen it says it's beautiful work for the procedure. If you follow the instructions there's very little risk of bad things happening. My surgeon has never had an infection in ten years. So. We will see. I haven't seen the results myself. But I feel. Okay. I feel confident in the results. People don't really lie about how you look. Even bruised and bloody. We will see how the scarring heals and if any granulation or tissue death occurs. But we will handle that when the time comes. I was a very bloody surgery. Due to having been over 400 lbs my blood vessels were much larger than a thin person. They don't shrink. So. I was a mess for two days but now I'm barely bleeding.