Bridgeburner

Competition rigging on the NA server

I can't tell how much of it is "oh uh yeah no we totally had nothing to do with any of those rigger guys heh" and how much of it is real.

Thats hard to tell. The ones outright supporting him are good for a laugh though.

Then allow me to be as clear as I can be. I don't support or endorse actions like that. I've never attempted to rig an event with my clan, and I never would. Nor would I support others doing it. King did so, I had no idea. We all share a teamspeak, a community identity, and sometimes we platoon and work together on the CW map. By no means does that imply I've got my hands in this event.

Then allow me to be as clear as I can be. I don't support or endorse actions like that. I've never attempted to rig an event with my clan, and I never would. Nor would I support others doing it. King did so, I had no idea. We all share a teamspeak, a community identity, and sometimes we platoon and work together on the CW map. By no means does that imply I've got my hands in this event.

No offense Ziddy but I find that a little hard to believe. I interviewed with King to join PUPPEH and he said BURDY was a better fit. Right then while we were on TS someone in BURDY sent me an invite without even talking to me. Thats a bit closer than the official seperate clans line.

No offense Ziddy but I find that a little hard to believe. I interviewed with King to join PUPPEH and he said BURDY was a better fit. Right then while we were on TS someone in BURDY sent me an invite without even talking to me. Thats a bit closer than the official seperate clans line.

BURDY and PUPEH are much more tight-knit than PBKAC and any of the others sans OTTER, but we aren't the legion. We don't have a hierarchy that supersedes internal clan structure, and I don't call shots in PUPEH.

So you can believe what you wish, but I'm presenting you with the workings of our clans in the best way I can phrase it.

BURDY and PUPEH are much more tight-knit than PBKAC and any of the others sans OTTER, but we aren't the legion. We don't have a hierarchy that supersedes internal clan structure, and I don't call shots in PUPEH.

So you can believe what you wish, but I'm presenting you with the workings of our clans in the best way I can phrase it.

No problem, you always come across as sensible and sans drama so I'll take your word.

So a shit player and all round douchenozzle finally gets his comeuppance.

Funny how he accuses me of statpadding while rigging a competition

Here's to a lifelong ban for a shitplayer.

I never accused you of statpadding. I called you a hostile moron poisonous to any cooperative environment. Then I cooperated with others to rig a  competition.

Lame shit, I left a clan for less than that.

Glad PBKAC has way more class. 

Seriously, bro? Between the leadership role in the Big Rig and the creative-contest vote-stacking, you're really going to say that? Really?

Must be punished or the prevalence of comp fixing will be so high it will just be a competition to see who can rig the hardest.

Agreed. Been saying this for a year and a half.

No problem, you always come across as sensible and sans drama so I'll take your word.

I will confirm this. At no point did Ziddy instruct me to cheat.

The amount of lulz, support, and "so what" attitude going on in some of the threads on the official forum is disturbing, and frankly a huge turnoff from wanting to take this game seriously

Might be that this is finally getting enough attention that WGNA will make some structural changes to the contest and CW mechanisms. I know it's a long shot, but we can hope, right?

Might be that this is finally getting enough attention that WGNA will make some structural changes to the contest and CW mechanisms. I know it's a long shot, but we can hope, right?

It's not like the same problems + more haven't existed within the MVP competitions for the longest time either. If you're gonna insist on posting or hanging around, get a damn avatar.

I never accused you of statpadding. I called you a hostile moron poisonous to any cooperative environment. Then I cooperated with others to rig a  competition.

So if I get this straight.

- You're *apparently* not poisonous to a cooperative environment.

- You cooperated with others to join you in conspiring to break game rules.

Would you be interested in clarifying what part of corrupting otherwise law-abiding players to rig the competition would not be considered "poisonous"?

Might as well say Franco Carraro was a great team player for being able to work with so many people to rig Serie A. Takes a REALLY cooperative player to achieve that level of corruption, what a guy!

Seriously, if I had a friend who asked me if I wanted to join in breaking the law, I'd dump that friend straight away.

Such a character certainly seems poisonous to me, does it not to you?

Now get out.

Seriously, bro? Between the leadership role in the Big Rig and the creative-contest vote-stacking, you're really going to say that? Really?

Dude, don't smear PBKACS name by implying we've done anything remotely like this. 

Asking people to go up-vote your entry in a competition is hardly blatant cheating like you did. in fact it's not cheating at all.

You can claim to be doing it for a good reason all you want, but at its core you still cheated, and you still made my clan look bad(see Ziddy's post). You need to stop being a fool. The WOT forums are one thing, but don't bring that bullshit here. 

Not really, I just find it very, very odd you choose to attack me on the grounds of going after someone who has, to use puppy terms, been a very, very, bad boy.

Like I said, my post had nothing to do with whatever's between you and him. I posted what I post simply because I can't stand you, and you were falling back to your same shit of stat attacking someone who you're barely better than. 

GJ Alphyn, organization wins M60s, why not their idiot low tier RNG xp contest? 

Classy. This is the attitude I mentioned. Petco members coming out to cheer King on. Its like you want to rub shit on yourselves.

i dont mean to start anything, but i cant find how this is cheating. i went through the rules and didnt see anything about this being against them. i could have missed it. if someone can link where what was done is against the rules, that would be great.  

also not saying i agree with the actions, just that i dont see where it says you arent aloud to do it.

Lol a 58%er calling 56%er baddie, this is golden. You're probably one of the biggest moron I've seen on this game so that says something. Back then being a sub 55% scrub, you acted like the shit and used your PBKAC tag, a clan that you did absolute shit for, as backing to lecture pubs on win rate. The one time I platooned with you, you talked so much shit about stats with no provocation that I thought I got RO'ed the next day, when WoT chat was messed up, for just being in your platoon. Who do you think you are? Trash talk own clan member who contributed to CW and cause him to leave when you do nothing for the clan? If I gave enough a shit, you'd never been invited back to a PETCO clan after you were kicked from PBKAC. Stay worthless.

How's that for making vendetta public?

next-friday-damn.jpg

Classy. This is the attitude I mentioned. Petco members coming out to cheer King on. Its like you want to rub shit on yourselves.

Def speaking as an individual here. I think its hilarious how upset everyone is about this. WG designs a bad contest, someone optimizes the contest, and suddenly a bunch of people are crying about it? Did the rules forbid count ins? No? Then kudos to Alphyn for winning within the rules!

Given how horrible WG mismanages their MVP contests: Oh sorry, you sent the screenshot we wanted the last 6 contests, with the useful info on it, but THIS TIME we asked for the less useful screenshot. No the demo will not be sufficient. No you can't use a WoTreplays parse as the screenshot (I could have just shopped it into my garage to make it look right too...)

In light of that level of rule adherence, since we're talking about spirit vs letter of the law, who can actually care if an individual uses social leverage and the mechanics of the game to win a contest. WG didn't ban the RU account who used TCs and a 5x weekend to get 2 tier 10s in ~100 matches? All within the rules. Its up to them to design good competitions, and us to win them. 

EvE Online called, and it says "fuck you, cryasses"

As for how this reflects on my clan...we aren't CoC bound, I've literally never discussed this event with anyone in my clan, because I only found out this morning! But you can try to demonize the organizations of players if you want, because as a rule that seems to be one of the themes among the butthurt masses.

(ps I generally like your posting, so consider this more an open letter than a personal response!)

that's what im saying crab, i dont actually see how this broke the rules. if it did, it must be dealt with. If it didnt, more importantly, it must be dealt with. Not with bans, as no rules were broken, but with making rules. its just showing how obviously broken the system is. 

it kinda sounds to me that some people are just upset that they didnt think of it first.

Oh, King should have made it public right after on his own terms though, as thats the best way to make sure WG changes stuff. After all, it worked so well for rocketbrainsurgeon and the M4. Only took 8 months, right?

(ps I generally like your posting, so consider this more an open letter than a personal response!)

I generally like almost all of Petco's posting. But this really puts you guys in a bad light. Of the people who have said anything its a pretty even split between Jeeps attitude and yours. It's pixel web tank prizes, can people really not keep their hand out of the cookie jar for shit that doesn't even matter? You can't really have it both ways, either the prize isn't worth being upset over/rigging the comp to get or it is.

People are pissed because they thought they had a chance at winning. Forget for a second that they actually didn't due to lack of skill. Rigging it makes them feel like something has been taken away from them. Hence butthurt.

Personally I'm smart enough to realise I would need extreme luck to win a tank. For me the dissappointment is realising that a lot of people I thought were pretty cool, King included, are actually a lot less morally upstanding than I generally assume anyone I like is.

For me the dissappointment is realising that a lot of people I thought were pretty cool, King included, are actually a lot less morally upstanding than I generally assume anyone I like is.

I think you'll find yourself disappointed over and over and over again as you go through life. I expect everyone to be scum and instead get pleasantly surprised now and then.

I generally like almost all of Petco's posting. But this really puts you guys in a bad light. Of the people who have said anything its a pretty even split between Jeeps attitude and yours. It's pixel web tank prizes, can people really not keep their hand out of the cookie jar for shit that doesn't even matter? You can't really have it both ways, either the prize isn't worth being upset over/rigging the comp to get or it is.

People are pissed because they thought they had a chance at winning. Forget for a second that they actually didn't due to lack of skill. Rigging it makes them feel like something has been taken away from them. Hence butthurt.

Personally I'm smart enough to realise I would need extreme luck to win a tank. For me the dissappointment is realising that a lot of people I thought were pretty cool, King included, are actually a lot less morally upstanding than I generally assume anyone I like is.

Skill hardly matters in their random top XP contests though, as pretty well shown in the data. Making the top cut-off isn't so hard, as good players will do that more often, but the very top prize...luck or a REALLY OBVIOUS loophole is the only way. zdude was collecting people from the forums, forum warriors channel and in various TS server when Art of War came out, to do basically what the RU guys did for that 1 account. It was vaguely disappointing that WG even managed to limit their DB query to Random Battles only! They almost showed they cared about the integrity of the contest...almost.

As for moral upstanding positions in video game content....see my EvE comment from before. I don't play EvE but I ascribe to their code, especially when screwing the lazy and incompetent parent company