Sign in to follow this  
Sploofy

Best place for a med on the new Arctic Region

So with Arctic Region getting a bit of a touch up i think i've found the most viable place to go in a med,

Replay for an example http://wotreplays.com/site/968497#arctic_region-sploofy-fcm_50_t

That little hill has a bush, good arty cover and is pretty central so you can flex somewhat easily. 

This spot is especially good with the high concentration of people who yolo rush the middle because they think its the new #ggNoReFacerollMap route.

Id love to hear your opinions on where you take your meds on this map!

Nice damage farm if you can get it, how many fucking tanks did you light on fire?

However in the 4 or 5 times I have played that map since they redid it, I haven't seen that many people YOLO through the middle in the one game, they were lambs to the slaughter and I suspect players will soon learn that the middle is a death trap. It definitely looks like a good spot to deny the enemy an easy approach though.

I wouldn't count on getting such a target rich environment every time.

Nice damage farm if you can get it, how many fucking tanks did you light on fire?

However in the 4 or 5 times I have played that map since they redid it, I haven't seen that many people YOLO through the middle in the one game, they were lambs to the slaughter and I suspect players will soon learn that the middle is a death trap. It definitely looks like a good spot to deny the enemy an easy approach though.

I wouldn't count on getting such a target rich environment every time.

Yeah i noticed a lot of tanks burning, but theres almost always atleast 3-4 meds/heavies that go through there in my experience. 

F5 (from south -- down in the depression on the ramp up into mid) is viable if you have gun depression and a strong turret (and sufficient support from south to avoid getting overrun). There are decent flanking options to the north, good firing lanes across mid, and enough hard cover that you can play peek and poke safely.