I just remembered again that I had 19,500 gold in the EU region and I am rather tired of the North American regions low population and horrible Wargaming NA staff so I've created an EU clan/social group. The intent of this group is to dominate the Europubbies in the competitive scene every once in a while (most of you already are in clans/play NA regularly). Right now I'm planning for it to be mainly Wot Lab goers, PTATO players, and any unicums who feel like popping over to the EU in order to satisfy their desire to romp some euroscrubs in planes. There will be no stringent daily practice stuff except before tournaments if you are on a team or requirements for so-and-so hours per week or anything to that effect, play in what tournaments you want when you want.

Currently working on a list of members. There are already a few committed and I'm are also trying to find a clan pic if anybody has a suggestion.

hT5vo8U.png

Interested players PM me via WoT Labs or just leave a message here. Make sure to have Skype and Teamspeak 3 + Mumble.

edit: There are 100 slots in a clan, so don't hesitate to apply even if you think you won't be available very often.

Current Members/NA Stats:

q8Nwtvh.png

OMG Love the clan name and description.

What is ping like to the EU server?

Usually hovers around 100-120. Not unbearable. It wasn't bad enough to stop each of the PTATO players from winning 19.5k + gold each :D.

Alright, let me install the EU client, play around a bit, and get back to you.

There's a mod that lets you connect to all the regions through your NA client.

I'll drop a link to it here: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/24644-how-to-play-on-the-na-eu-ru-servers-from-just-one-client/

Note: Since it's the NA client, you'll be receiving patches after the other regions, so whenever a patch comes out you won't be able to connect to them until it hits the NA region. That's basically the only downside.

This sounds hilarious and could give us something to do during the boring and useless events that we keep getting on the NA server! Though I see you picked the EU region and not the glorious RU server of soviet greatness! I suppose that the timezone discrepancy for RU tournaments would be ridiculous for NA players though so that makes more sense in the long run...

Would be interested, depending on when EU tournaments usually occur (EST timezone here).

Getting pings around 120-150... this will take some getting used to...

The mission descriptions seems to be in Cyrillic; does anyone know how to fix that? Everything else is in English.

EDIT: Wow, nothing stokes my rage more than playing tier I again...

The mission descriptions seems to be in Cyrillic; does anyone know how to fix that? Everything else is in English.

Missions being in Cyrillic on the RU server seems unable to be fixed on our end, since the missions are probably just read from the server directly. They should be in English on the EU server unless I am mistaken (haven't played on there for a while).

Edit: A workaround could be to check the RU portal for the missions manually, with either Google translate nearby or with Google Chrome to just auto-translate it for you. That's a lot of work to see what the missions are, though.

I'm on the EU server AND the missions are in Cyrllic.

Shwedor, send me a clan invite; I'm using the same name on EU server as NA. Still adjusting to the lag, but getting better each match,

What Tiers would this be?  What lines/planes are you looking for?

Pretty much all of us are at tier 1 on the EU, so right now there are none. 

OK - anybody got any invite codes or anything for EU WoWP?  Anything to make the new grind a little less painful?

I'm on the EU server AND the missions are in Cyrllic.

Huh, that's odd... They are in English on my end with the same mod on the NA client. 

Lawl.  I would be more inclined to do this than to play on the NA cesspo...I mean server...

I don't know if I'm good enough though...

I may need a montage to get back into the swing of things.

That's weird; WoWP tells me that I have a clan invite on the EU server, but I get a 404 error when I click on the link... Maybe try resending it?

That's weird; WoWP tells me that I have a clan invite on the EU server, but I get a 404 error when I click on the link... Maybe try resending it?

You have to do it on the WoT site, WoWP's site currently doesn't have the infrastructure to support such magical things as clans!

Thanks Phrap.

Ok, on another note. WOWP runs horribly on the EU server. I get <20 fps compared to 80 fps on NA. What the hell is going on? My settings are identical. I installed a 2nd client to play on EU; should I use the mod and stick to just 1 client?

EDIT: Wow, I am dumb. My laptop was set to battery saving mode which turned off the GPU. All better now!

Welcome to my life on the NA server. 

You have to do it on the WoT site, WoWP's site currently doesn't have the infrastructure to support such magical things as clans!

"Your profile information has not been updated in the database. Try again later or log in to the game client."

Guess I have to wait another day.

In other news, the 120 ping is slowly getting less and less noticeable.

I've observed that playing in the evenings in EST, where it is early AM in the EU, I get vastly higher winrate (over a small sample size). Since the matches are like 5-5, I just wreck most of the enemy team in piecemeal winning 1-1s over and over again and averaging almost 3 kills per match with only 5 enemies. Where as in a 15-15 you are always vulnerable to having to face hordes of enemies if your team potatoes or spreads out very far. Curious to see if this observation holds up after playing a few more nights and after getting above tier 3...

So I started playing on the EU server.  120 ms ping takes a little getting used to, but isn't bad.  As long as I'm playing before early evening ET, the server population is notably better than the US server.  Wait times are much shorter, and most matches are same tier or a 1-tier spread.  I miss my NA account stuff like the premium time and planes, and it sucks having to grind all over again, but I think I'm hooked.  Goodbye NA?

I've been playing on and off, enough to get to a 109b and a P-36. My problem is that the majority of my play time is 9 or 10pm EST, which is a ghost town on EU. However, the 3-3 and the 5-5 fights you get after waiting 1-2 minutes are actually quite fun. Most of the time I am working in another tab and then jump over when I get in game. Maybe I will try to play a bit more during the day if/when it gets really slow at work and see how the peak time EU meta plays out.

I still play NA though because of all those said goodies and better population during my play time. Sometimes the low pop, long wait time is preferred when I am trying to multi-task.

Are we actually serious about fielding a team though? We've had 0 coordination so far. There is a WotLabs channel over there...

Who else is playing so I can add you to contacts? I'm playing as Antiledo over there as well.

I've been giving my RU account more love than my EU one. I still need to get useful planes on both and it certainly isn't as quick as with premium.