Solono

How this section works

This section functions to discuss and develop/enhance ratings systems with which to measure the effective performance of play. The primary section is for general discussion among all members with each other and contributors to the math itself, amongst other game related number crunching.

The sub-section is intended for active development of the ratings systems by those who create or contribute to them, while readable by all members, only those with the Maths Contributor permissions will be able to post there. Be warned, expect number avalanches should you stray into that area.

Yay!

So... can I have Maths Contributor status?

Also, can we organize a thread move, so that the main WN8/VBE threads are here (although really, I'd like to start fresh with a new VBE thread without 17 complete concept changes)?

It would also be nice if users could just post in a thread to request Maths Contributor status and we could give it to them (though I don't know how complicated the IP.Board permissions/power system can get).

Just making sure.

Let's just say, it'd be much easier to have me simply tag people for it. Also, do you want Maths as main title or not?

Yes please.

Also, would it be easy to do a mass delete or hide of all of the posts from #2 to #79 in the VBE thread? It's pretty much all outdated stuff that doesn't really have anything to do with the current concept and I'd like to have that thread tidy so that I can eventually link to critical development points in the OP.

Other users I can think of who should be in the group:

• seriych
  • Xelos
  • Folterknecht
  • Phalynx
  • Orrie

More who should maybe be in the group (or at least just with posting permissions) for differing reasons:

• EchelonIII
  • Rexxie
  • Garbad
  • Barks_Internally

I would like math contributor, but not maths contributor. You Aussies/Euros are simply wrong. Math itself is plural..

I would like math contributor, but not maths contributor. You Aussies/Euros are simply wrong. Math itself is plural..

How about switch "Maths" to "Rating" and avoid arguments like that altogether?

@Solono: Could you change the colour one shade lighter? It's almost indistinguishable from Verified Tanker as it stands. :P

Other users I can think of who should be in the group:

• seriych
  • Xelos
  • Folterknecht
  • Phalynx
  • Orrie

More who should maybe be in the group (or at least just with posting permissions) for differing reasons:

• EchelonIII
  • Rexxie
  • Garbad
  • Barks_Internally

Done, latter four, if borderline, will need to ask themselves.

permissions please.

Done.

I foresaw this gripe, thus why it's Mathematics Corner, where Maths Contributors will be doing work in the Mathlab. Everybody wins, especially me.

How about switch "Maths" to "Rating" and avoid arguments like that altogether?

@Solono: Could you change the colour one shade lighter? It's almost indistinguishable from Verified Tanker as it stands. :P

Maybe one day, but right now I enjoy my cleverness too much.

Done, made slightly lighter.

Maybe one day, but right now I enjoy my cleverness too much.

Even though I'm Australian, I read "Maths" and immediately thought "Solono, what are you doing?"

I too wouldn't mind getting permissions as I am teaching myself R and hope to be able to help with development.

Even though I'm Australian, I read "Maths" and immediately thought "Solono, what are you doing?"

Being correct in every way at the same time.

Otis, done.

Worth mentioning to the Patrons at this point is that you still retain your Patron benefits.

Solono + bjshnog: Great idea. Glad to see a dedicated section for crunching numbers that should wind up free of sperging opinions on the validity of WN8. Signal to noise ratio should be much higher now. Thanks!

FWIW, I'm pretty handy with Perl if you guys need any help with crunching or munging colossal amounts of raw data.

Technically, it is also incorrect at the same time.

Solono + bjshnog: Great idea. Glad to see a dedicated section for crunching numbers that should wind up free of sperging opinions on the validity of WN8. Signal to noise ratio should be much higher now. Thanks!

Upboated so that we now have the same rep. :)

Now we have a sort of paradox. If you upboat me, then I will have lost the game, and if I say I lost the game, I will likely be upboated by you and will therefore lose the game. How will this play out?

EDIT: I lost the game. :(

Otis, done.

Worth mentioning to the Patrons at this point is that you still retain your Patron benefits.

Thank you sir.

Welcome to English, enjoy your stay.

Mathematics, on the other hand, is correct in all English cases. :)

Though "Mathlab" is clearly a made-up name and is therefore not an international issue (apart from being close to illegal... I just realised that. ._.).

Mathematics, on the other hand, is correct in all English cases. :)

Though "Mathlab" is clearly a made-up name and is therefore not an international issue (apart from being close to illegal). I just realised that. ._.

Problem solved.

Also, Mathlab was intentional wordplay because I am 11 years old.

Something is broken now ;-)

Cant up or down vote posts any longer. Also can't check who up/down voted posts.

Using Win7 + Firefox 30.0

logged out and in again

Cant up or down vote posts any longer. Also can't check who up/down voted posts.

logged out and in again

I'm using Windows 7 with Firefox 30 as well, but I'm not having that issue. :/

logged out and in again

Fixed, forgot to assign those.

I'm using Windows 7 with Firefox 30 as well, but I'm not having that issue. :/

Same, also not having that issue.

Edit: Ninja'd by Solono.