Sign in to follow this  
Assassin7

Please Review my AMX 50B gameplay

So, Im supposed to be terrible in my AMX 50B. I am looking for some unicums who are great at the tank to give me some reviews of my replays in it, and maybe later on play with me in it and give me some tips on positioning.

my main problem with it is not knowing where to go, and were to play it. general map positioning is where im worst at, when I get into a good place I can generally hold out, but getting into the right position is where I stumble.

games: note, I have just played a set of games in the 50B, and have uploaded them. no sweet picking, a set of games all played in a row.

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/980487#self (Northwest, 5797 damage, win)

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/987403#team (South coast, 3701 damage, loss)

the Hidden village game is a perfect example of what im doing wrong, I had far far too much indecision at the start, and the rest of the match failed as a result.

this is literally a string of games I had in a row in my 50B. feedback on my gameplay would be nice. 

if you want some games where I did worse (in honestly, looking at this set of games they actually look like im doing fine in it... lol) then I can find some where I know I did crap.or play some more and maybe do crap.

Went over second and third, going to sleep for now. 

Cliff Victory 

-I would have used the reload time to get around to their side of the little mountain on the left, rather than trying to take unlikely shots at the IS-8 that was coming around south. Around 11:42 you kind of just loaf around, but could have at least tried to spot something on their side by going around to E3 grid. You could have perhaps finished off the AT15 and pulled back before you were going to get targeted by anything. (Also props to your 268 buddy who got to the lighthouse, rip) I just noticed some moments where you seemed to be indecisive. 

-When you were aiming for the JPE at the end, you could have gone over to the left, allowing you to safely get guaranteed pens on the T30. 

South Coast Loss 

-Would have gone over to the right side of spawn, for early shots on anything that goes down the middle. They don't get to the 9/0 line until about a minute into the game. You could have gotten shots on the E-75 that got lit. Another light tank then appears near the E-75 on the 3 line. If you're unable to do something in a spot that you're currently at, and you see an opportunity somewhere else, see if you can exploit it. 

-2 minutes in, I believe you would have had shots on the 2/3 line into the IS-7 and E-75. I would have checked to see if you did when you were clipping after those last two shots on the Cent 7/1. At 10:39, you're stuck behind the rock and can't escape without the risk of the Rhm's hitting you, and 2/3 line is completely done for. Being stuck there just completely hinders your ability to do anything. 

-Expose minimally, you drive with your entire tank exposed at the E4, and while you got lucky that he bounced, the IS-7 didn't. Every time you peek at anything in any situation, do so as if you don't want to get hit, whether you're at 1 HP or full. A pretty crucial shot on the E4 was missed. I wouldn't have gone back, as you took a hit from the Rhm. Staying up there could have let you kill the E4, and IS-7, avoiding the JPE that killed you. 

copy/pasting from this thread: 

Why was this post even approved? =\

1) Don't just ask for replay or stats critique. These are thankless and repetitive. The errors you make are likely the same ones written about elsewhere. Research hard. 

There's also a thread for this already, which can be found here: 

It was originally a service that Servios offered, but it seems he no longer has the time to officially maintain the thread. It's unfortunate, because it was a great service to the community. Maybe we could get some more of the purple poasters involved in the thread?

It was originally a service that Servios offered, but it seems he no longer has the time to officially maintain the thread. It's unfortunate, because it was a great service to the community. Maybe we could get some more of the purple poasters involved in the thread?

A: I had no idea that asking for player replay reviews were not supposed to be in purple poster section. 

B: I feel that I am currently at a position where the only way for me to improve more is to get proper, super unicum critique, and was looking for extremely skilled 50B players to review for me, and give me advice.

C: So the thread is in here now, and look how many replies its gotten in three days? none. at all. at least when it was in purple poster I got a reply from Diastant. nothing else since. 

A: I had no idea that asking for player replay reviews were not supposed to be in purple poster section. 

B: I feel that I am currently at a position where the only way for me to improve more is to get proper, super unicum critique, and was looking for extremely skilled 50B players to review for me, and give me advice.

C: So the thread is in here now, and look how many replies its gotten in three days? none. at all. at least when it was in purple poster I got a reply from Diastant. nothing else since.

1. Then perhaps you should have taken the time to read the pinned article titled, "How To Ask A Good Question." It's literally rule #1 and in big bold letters for emphasis. It's there for a reason.
2. Seeing as you didn't bother reading the pinned material, it's hard to expect that you've spent the time trying to find any material that would benefit your 50B gameplay. This brings us back to rule #1, particularly the end: "The errors you make are likely the same ones written about elsewhere. Research hard."
Q. Now take a moment and think about what you typed in C. . . . Seriously. And after contemplating that, reread my first bullet and think about that, also. I'm hoping you'll understand. 

D. If you really feel that you need mentoring, then you should talk to one of the many unica that offer mentoring services.

thankyou sir. you managed to turn a thread where I was asking for help, into a argument about whether or not I put the damn thread in the right place.

I get the feeling that it would be rather difficult to find anywhere else, more material of my own gameplay in the 50B for people to tell me what I am doing wrong, that I can read about. but who knows? maybe someone did a full commentary on one of the replays I have put up in my 50B over the year I have owned it. doubt it.

also, I have asked Anfield, on his stream, if he could give me a hand sometime in the future, with the 50B, but he said he only really platoons with his subscribers. (unless I misheard him), Sela doesn't own a 50B, and IIRC I have to pay for his mentoring, which I cannot afford. 

What's with all the personal insults? Assassin is asking for help, and even if it seems lazy to you that's hardly a reason to call him childish/self-centered.

Going from personal experience I have found that learning from your mistakes is a far better way to get better than watching what other players do well.

DrunkCamelSpider, go home, you're drunk... I hope.

There's a huge difference between imput of what you should do (watching super unicum replays) compared to imput of what you shouldn't do (getting feedback on your mistakes, even those that turned out into ok situations).

Because post count has absolutely anything to do with reading comprehension. You sure offered a whole lot to this, yourself, with your extraordinarily childish comment.

well you seem to lack reading comprehension as well.

firstly, Servios' thread you linked was dead before you posted in it a few days ago.

secondly, the Replay section you posted is only for Unicums to post their replays for people to learn from. not for other people to post in and ask for review. if I tried to put a thread there it wouldn't be approved.

thirdly, this:

Also note there's a huge difference between imput of what you should do (watching super unicum replays) compared to imput of what you shouldn't do (getting feedback on your mistakes, even those that turned out into ok situations).

this is exactly what I was looking for. at Least Miros was able to read what I was saying properly.  I was also actually looking for some top 50B players to platoon with me and give me some insight during the game as to what I should be doing. but that was a secondary factor. 

K, let's try this again now.

AMX 50B! tips? feedback? anyone willing to platoon and guide a bit? opinions on its role in the meta (solo/platooned)?

With all the shitpoasting these days.  Why are you jumping on someone trying to do what these forums are here for?  I have a 50B, i would like to see what is poasted here as well.

So we can all learn.  If you want to pointlessly shitpoast, go to official forums.

Having that been said, I haven't played my 50B much because of initial positioning in the tank is odd.  I need to figure out where to take it as being a heavy, traditional firing lanes early game can be a deathtrap when it gets lit.

K, let's try this again now.

AMX 50B! tips? feedback? anyone willing to platoon and guide a bit? opinions on its role in the meta (solo/platooned)?

thankyou Miros. I was about to ask you to delete it, and I could start a new one, without the shitposting.

@Euchre, I Am having the same problems. Initial deployment, the hidden village replay is an example of that. I had too much indecision at the start of the game, got confused, and the game just failed miserably from there.