_Goliard

Question for (NA?) blueberries and worse about Prokhorovka south spawn

Just had a battle on this map where my team did this (there were about 6 fucking tanks camping and NO enemies on that side of the map).

What the fuck?

I mean, the enemies had the only purples, and we still managed to totally steamroll them, of course, but why the hell don't they move?

I usually go to F6. On the rare occasions I do go hill, it usually ends in me derping down the hill with some pubbies on my heels.

I prefer F9/F0 myself, lighting town/A0/the north slope of the hill. It's risky but I'm constitutionally incapable of sitting back and sniping. :P

I've always liked more aggressive positioning on the hill, getting in to the G9 area has always been good for me in tanks with adequate camo...

But more recently I've been running the 6/7 line more and flexing as needed and have had good luck there too.

Hills are OP. I usually want to head up top of the hill in a med or TD (which is all I play anyway); I die with zero damage way too often but more often I end up doing OK up there (damage-wise; not really 100% sure about actual contribution). I'll usually only get stuck on the slope if I end up being the only one (or one of two) headed that way - usually because of lemming farm in J2 / K2. If the enemy start pushing up through town and I don't leave fast enough I get stuck.

It's mainly an issue that I'm unbad enough to not want to bunch up with the ~45%ers, but I'm nowhere near good which leaves me pretty lost if I try going somewhere new to me. I'm really unsure of how to play the middle effectively on Prok.

Cause one time I went there and had a crazy epic game, so now I go there every time hoping to recreate the magic.  Serious answer: I'll always play middle if I'm in a scout.  I'll play middle with other tonks if there are 0-1 arty.  I feel safer going H0 and trying to stay unspotted for a bit with lots of clickers. 

What always gets me about this a similar spots is why do you play a game to just to sit there? Any game at all?  In this game, don't you want to be shooting your gun? 

Maybe I just do not get the fun the bump on the log had.

Current game meta has taught pubbies that sitting in a useless spot and sniping the incoming steamroll gets you some damage and a loss, instead of 0 dmg and a loss.

But explaining to them that the game basically has to be lost for their position to be useful is about as effective as slamming your dick in a door.

I've always enjoyed central locations... Just took me 8k games to learn how to actually play the middle before I started doing anything useful there.

With the refusal of hardcamped 1-2ers to move up since they don't understand camo mechanics then the 6 line has become the farmfest line.  IF they moved up right after spawn they could get shots on what is lit on the opposite end.  Since they don't, whenever someone berates them enough and they try it lategame they get smooshed and the behavior gets reinforced.

Sitting on the road over the tracks (either side) has much more utility if you are in a squishy td then either the 1-2 line or the island/hill.  

EU pubbies have been doing that shit forever, so it's not exclusively an NA thing. To summarize, meta changes way back in the day made the hill a great place to park your ass from the south spawn but when they changed the map and made said hill more bumpy and exposed, plus gave access to the shit island up north, the camping simply moved a bit backwards. If you sit on the top of the square in question, you have almost exactly the same advantage as the middle of the hill, only you're unspotted at all times (all dem bushes + distance) and almost nobody can shoot you even if they do spot you (can't be hit from D6, most of the middle or the north island, while anyone shooting from opposite side of hill will be detected and rekt from mid or the camping square). If you sit at the bottom, you can still cover a good bit of the village and anyone peeking up the middle while being undetected and somewhat arty safe. On top of all of this, the square in question is also the perfect spot to defend your own cap circle from, since you have a massive height advantage and cannot be spotted due to the railroad blocking much of the view from the west.

Basically, while the position is pure shit from the perspective of anyone wanting to play the game properly and win, it couldn't be a more perfect pubbie spot. Pubbies might be stupid but they sure as shit ain't blind, so when they see people sitting there doing damage and being safe up until the final steamroll in either direction, they obviously want to try the same thing. WG desperately needs to redesign that map in general.