I'm not quite sure what happened, but right after the 4th of July, I came back on a Saturday to the game, and although I don't recall a "9.1.1" mini-patch or anything, I suddenly went from a playable 17-20 fps range to 10-14, and I've been having trouble even loading into games. I've already tried uninstalling several old programs and emptying my Recycle Bin, but that didn't appear to have any effect. I have a 2009 Toshiba laptop with Intel "Integrated HD Graphics", and I know that I can't replace it or anything, so I tried using compressed textures; however, the installer freezes up every time at 1%, so if someone could output it to an empty folder and upload it to Mediafire, or offer me an alternative solution to make the game playable, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: I should probably mention that I'm trying to install 12.5% textures, since that seems to be the lowest number without a significant change in game appearance.

Sounds like an underlying issue.

Wait, how long are you waiting for the compressed textures to move beyond 1%? Because when I ran the installer it took quite a while for it to finish and the progress bar froze at a couple points.

Wait, how long are you waiting for the compressed textures to move beyond 1%? Because when I ran the installer it took quite a while for it to finish and the progress bar froze at a couple points.

I left it going for like an hour. I came back, and it hadn't moved at all.

I left it going for like an hour. I came back, and it hadn't moved at all.

Huh, it took me something like 30 minutes to an hour for mine to install. You try other compression ratios or installers?