Johnny_Wishbone

ELC Fan Club

I'm somewhat surprised that this thread does not already exist.  I finally got Ace in it, so what better excuse?

Anyhow, as you can tell, I'm a bad, but I love this vehicle anyway.  It's like it thinks it's a fighter jet, but noone ever told it that it was actually an AFV.

steppes-france-elc-amx-43456802628412966

I usually have a lot of games like this in the ELC: http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=22853 basically having to make up for all the garbage higher tiers on my team that can't do damage, but still not enough to pull out the win. During late game this thing truly shines. Vision abuse + APCR round that can cut through anything you face = win.

It's a really fun tank to speed around in, but I always tend to play it as a passive scout/TD for most of the game.  I"ll go in at someone and humiliate them if they're in a tank with a slow turret traverse (KV-2, Hellcat, etc), but only if they're on their own with no potential firing lanes from more than one direction.

it's also really funny to facehug a Tiger and watch his gun fire way over your head

**** yeah the ELC AMX. My best purchase by a long shot.

It pretty much taught me just how valuable low profile can be and how annoying it is to enemy players. I am practically invincible on Steppes and Sand River.

This tank is so special to me that I spent gold on its camo and emblems.

Playing the Lightning tank in PlanetSide 2 greatly influenced my decision to go down the French light tank line. It actually plays very similarly to it, albeit lacking a fully traversable turret and other gameplay quirks unique to PS2. Although the lack of that turret eliminates some options from the playbook, the unbelievable camo rating (maintained on the move), high penetration values, and the mobility grant more in turn.

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=27535 The game that got me my first mark of excellence- with another not too far away.

... after I stop grinding out the Chinese light tank line.

I also love my ELC. 1K++ games of pure fun in it. And with scout MM buff it's even better since you don't see tier 9 anymore and you can platton with regular tier 6.

That small thing can carry hard!

On ELC can the traverse speed by influenced by the direction of the gun?  (ie, weight distribution effect turning circle).

On ELC can the traverse speed by influenced by the direction of the gun?  (ie, weight distribution effect turning circle).

I don't think the physics are quite there yet. But it's just an assumption.

I guess I ought to do more that "facehug" stuff while driving the ELC. And I also tend to play it more passive scout ( high tier battle) or even sniping (generally in tier V battles). But i like the great mobility and the fact it doesn't lose speed turning.

I have like 60 battles, grinding for the 13 90  (that's my objective), and it's my better win ratio so far. Really easy or fun grind!!

Don't believe so. I haven't really seen indication on any tank that this is the case. However, it should be noticed that you can make much tighter turns by releasing your "W" (or whatever you have your "move forward" bound to) and holding the key of the direction you're turning in. Really helps on maps like Himmelsdorf or Ruinberg if you don't have Clutch Braking.

Don't believe so. I haven't really seen indication on any tank that this is the case. However, it should be noticed that you can make much tighter turns by releasing your "W" (or whatever you have your "move forward" bound to) and holding the key of the direction you're turning in. Really helps on maps like Himmelsdorf or Ruinberg if you don't have Clutch Braking.

yeah really good point. There is an option between full speed and full braking that helps both for traffic congestion and also for turning. Better to slow down (NOT STOP), than run full speed up the side of a hill and get stuck.

Had 780 DPG pre-SPrem and 8.6 in this at about my 400 game mark, it's now 888 post-Sprem.

No longer being able to see Tier 9s was a major nerf for this tank, the greatest strength of the ELC was in being able to trade very positively against enemy high tiers.

No longer being able to see Tier 9s was a major nerf for this tank, the greatest strength of the ELC was in being able to trade very positively against enemy high tiers.

Completely agree. I looked forward to the tier 9 games because I had a far higher damage potential. 

On the bright side, less APCR spam is necessary now so profits are up.

Had 780 DPG pre-SPrem and 8.6 in this at about my 400 game mark, it's now 888 post-Sprem.

This problem is easily fixed with an appropriately-composed platoon...

with 1200 battles played in the ELC i dunno i might keep it =D

no really if i have to pick one tank to player forever it would be the ELC AMX

(edit)

just got my second mark of excellence on my ELC   yay me =)    have a look if you want it was one of my best games in it  (9.2)

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/1128263#prokhorovka-rowcon123-elc_amx

This is definitely one of my favorite tanks. When I first got it I was a complete noob and would drive to my death in most battles.

Now that I have more tanking experience I am way more patient in this tank. Had a 1100 dmg, 4 kill game last night!

I am wondering what y'all could recommend as far as equipment is concerned with the ELC. It is my most-played tank at over 750 battles and by far my favorite. However, I am wondering if it would be worth it to make a couple changes to my setup to better maximize my results.

My current setup looks like this:

Commander: 6th, Camo, 26% Recon (Meant to do Sit. Aware but mixed them up, should I retrain with credits?)

Driver: Camo, Clutch Braking, 26% Smooth Ride

Equipment: Binocs, Rammer, Vents

Ammo is 28/3/5

My play style is semi-aggressive but I usually try to do some scouting before trying to get my gun in play, hence why...

I am considering switching vents out for coated optics.

What little I would lose in the 2.5% overall bonus I would more than recoup in the vision department, as not every map or situation allows for me to be stationary for 3 seconds, waiting for my binocs to kick in. It would allow me scout more actively, but might eat into my damage dealing capabilities by a small amount (considering vents slightly increases gun handling and maneuverability).

Optics would increase my base view range by about 36 meters, a large amount for a tank that relies on winning vision wars when using its gun and scouting.

Your thoughts?

I am wondering what y'all could recommend as far as equipment is concerned with the ELC. It is my most-played tank at over 750 battles and by far my favorite. However, I am wondering if it would be worth it to make a couple changes to my setup to better maximize my results.

My current setup looks like this:

Commander: 6th, Camo, 26% Recon (Meant to do Sit. Aware but mixed them up, should I retrain with credits?)

Driver: Camo, Clutch Braking, 26% Smooth Ride

Equipment: Binocs, Rammer, Vents

Ammo is 28/3/5

My play style is semi-aggressive but I usually try to do some scouting before trying to get my gun in play, hence why...

I am considering switching vents out for coated optics.

What little I would lose in the 2.5% overall bonus I would more than recoup in the vision department, as not every map or situation allows for me to be stationary for 3 seconds, waiting for my binocs to kick in. It would allow me scout more actively, but might eat into my damage dealing capabilities by a small amount (considering vents slightly increases gun handling and maneuverability).

Optics would increase my base view range by about 36 meters, a large amount for a tank that relies on winning vision wars when using its gun and scouting.

Your thoughts?

I wouldn't drop a 2.x skill crew with credits, that's a lot of lost XP.  Either use gold, or just don't worry about it.  IIRC, it's only a 1% difference in view range between them

Double vision equipment could work, I suppose.  The aim time is so bad though, I can't imagine running without GLD, but you already are, so I suppose you wouldn't really miss it :P

The ELC Creed for Mediocre Players:

This is my tank.

There are others like it, but this one is mine.

My ELC is a light tank, but it is so much more than The Scout; it goes by many names: Invisitank, Hacker, Sniper, Pest, Blister, Punisher, Teleporter, Dementor.

With it, I will light up the enemy; sometimes actively, often passively. I will not suiscout, as there is no honour in death. Martyrdom is for those without vision; without hope. As long as I live the enemy knows no solace or succor.

I will draw enemy fire and consume their entire attention, I will put blinders on them—tunnel vision—so my team can chew them up. If instead they ignore me, I will punish them with furious anger, for my gun is better than theirs.

I am a blood-thirsty tick, and when hungry, face-hugging a KV-2 makes for an easy meal. I bleed him dry and leave his husk as a monument to opportunity.

My skin may be paper-thin, but I am better protected than a King Tiger. With cammo as my saviour I shall not want. It is a multiplier, turning one tank into a swarm. Abusing my camo means I am not in danger; I AM the danger!

This is the ELC AMX…they have been warned!

Agreeing with Kram on the "don't drop using credits", really not worth it past the first skill... and probably not even then.

Anyways, I personally would stick with the vents or even switch it out for GLD, but that's just because the only spotting I ever do in this thing is while sitting still in a bush for >5 seconds anyways.

One word:

WOW!

I hadn't played a light tank since back in my first month of WoT back in May 2013 when I was completely noob. I went for heavies first (IS-4, E-75), then mediums (FV4202, E50M).

I've seen so many poor light tank players, and I've always wondered whether I could do a better job sustainably spotting/lighting tanks and mixing in some damage.

Tonight I unlocked up through the ELC AMX.

This tank is amazing! It takes some getting used to playing a turretless tank, and the bloom and dispersion are rather large.

Aside from that, the tank is incredibly nimble. I outdueled a (bad) Type 59 - he kept missing while I strafed.

It's a rush being able to apply damage here and there, and knowing when to push to spot and kill arties.

I started with a fresh gold Driver, so it will be a while before I get him trained up. Had to retrain my AMX 50 100 Commander (2.5 skills) and I couldn't imagine playing a scout without Sixth Sense.

Are other light tanks this much fun to play? I do realize the ELC AMX has great penetration with the silver ammo, as good as T6 heavies, so maybe the ELC AMX is abnormal for a light.