Johnny_Wishbone

ELC Fan Club

Question for ELC AMX vets...

Do you play this tank primarily as a passive scout, active scout, TD, or some combo of the above?

I'm finding that my gun in tier 6 and 7 battles is valuable enough that I should keep it active, but this at times reduces my ability to scout if I'm lit.

After 4595 battles in my ELC I found I usually start off passive scouting and then go active when the game calls for it. But like some mention above it also depends on the map, some favor passive scouting while others don't.

My crew skills are...

Commander - 120%: 6th Sense -100%, Camouflage - 100%, BIA's - 100%, Situational Awareness - 100%, Recon - 96%

Driver - 132%: Camouflange - 100%, BIA's - 100%, Off-Road Driving - 100%, Clutch Breaking - 100%, Smooth Ride - 96%

Just recently got my 3rd MoE

Now for Equipment and Consumables...

Eqiupment: Vents, Como-Net, Binocs

Consumables: Large Repair Kit, Large Medkit, Strong Coffee

This is the stats for the tank with all the skills, equipment and consuambes figured in...

screenshot-wwwwotinfonet2015-01-0418-25-

The tank is amazing and a blast to drive. Love how sneaky it is. The one downside and its noting huge, is the fact this is the only tank I got that I've lost the entire crew to one shot even while the tank still has HP left. :tongue:  This is the main reason I carry the large medkit.

Something I do recommend when scouting, before the game starts, during the countdown, let your team know what you are planing on doing. I find doing this really helps in getting other tanks to take advantage of what you light up. Something like this...

Passive Scout: Heading to G7 to hide and spot.

Active Scouting: Scouting 1 line.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1497652#stalingrad-golem501-elc_amx

I got Stalingratted in my ELC AMX...

Muahahahaha... 

6 shots fired, 6 hits, 6 pens, 6 kills... totally worth it :D 

I helped the Cromwell get a confederate medal I think ;-) 

Anyone running food on their ELC?

I swapped out the fire extinguisher for Strong Coffee and it really made a difference in spotting, hiding and handling. Downside, one spark you will most likely burn to death. But I think the trade off is worth it. I really recommend saving up the creds until there is a sale on Strong Coffee, normally it's 20,000 cred but sale price 10,000. Not sure if the sale is still going on.

If you're gonna run food, buy it now. If you run the ELC AMX a lot, buy a LOT right now.

I alternate between food and the standard gasoline (+5% engine power and traverse speed) depending on my current bank balance.

You certainly feel the food, but it's certainly not a huge difference, and if you're on a tight budget and still want to make credits on the ELC AMX, run the gasoline instead.

However, I HIGHLY recommend premium repair and medical kits. In the odd case that you do get hit by something, there's a high chance you will lose one or more of your modules. The passive effect of reducing chances of module damage from these consumables are very worthwhile.

Automatic extinguisher is also a good option, since you do get lit up decently often. I personally do not use it because I treasure the mobility that I get from food / gasoline much more.

Anyone running food on their ELC?

Yup.

Come to think about it, I run food on all my French tanks (BAt, 13-90, ELC and now B2 arty)

Must keep a note not to forget blowing say half a dozen million creds on coffee before the sales end…

Yup.

Come to think about it, I run food on all my French tanks (BAt, 13-90, ELC and now B2 arty)

Must keep a note not to forget blowing say half a dozen million creds on coffee before the sales end…

Seriously... wtf? That's like admitting I have a FV304 (but I don't play it anymore because reasons).

Get coffee on discount... I am going to make a note too :D 

I use my elc with big Med, Big Repair and Coffee, using Rammer, Opics and vents

saw some time ago on the korean server they use the premium gasoline together with Binocs.

Also some setting with 2 repair Kits and Coffee

I dont use the extinguisher because.. when you burn, its all over very fast any way.

i guess i have to try it myself if i do better with Binocs then optics, but i tend to use the elc rather agressive, and the most maps dont have this large areas to spot anymore

For using Coffee or Gas. Iam ok with the acceleration and the coffee really helps with some "Lucky shots" on the move (destroying a luchs 300m away on full speed, evading enemy fire and ammorak an IS from 200m away..) 

Café is served in the ELC now... I cheaped out a bit and only got 50 or so... I may get a few more before the discount is over.. 

I also stopped my grinds etc. and am currently farming fun.. ie. ELC AMX -> E 25 -> ELC AMX -> E- 25... both are closing in on getting 6th on it too :D 

Café is served in the ELC now... I cheaped out a bit and only got 50 or so... I may get a few more before the discount is over..

I also stopped my grinds etc. and am currently farming fun.. ie. ELC AMX -> E 25 -> ELC AMX -> E- 25... both are closing in on getting 6th on it too :D

Me too.

Coffee is awesome on the ELC. And it's such a good earner, it can afford it at 50% off. Over the last 3 months I've stockpiled 300 on 50% off days.

I like the notion of grinding fun.

I was trying to gring The Russian Medium line (made it to the T34-85), grinding through the Leopard Prototype, and the American light line. All of which plumited my winrate and overall fun...

I'm sticking to fun grinding or a while!

For me that means: ELC AMX, T67, and VK 28.01.

: D

So I have been thinking about going down this line next for the 1390, and am not sure wether I want to skip this tank. Usually I skip to tier 5 or 6, depending on the similarity of the tank. 

Is this a good tank with 75% or 100% crew no perks? How quickly would a new player adapt to this tank? Do you recommend me getting it or just free xp to the 12ton?

So I have been thinking about going down this line next for the 1390, and am not sure wether I want to skip this tank. Usually I skip to tier 5 or 6, depending on the similarity of the tank.

Is this a good tank with 75% or 100% crew no perks? How quickly would a new player adapt to this tank? Do you recommend me getting it or just free xp to the 12ton?

This is the first tank in the line NOT to skip. It's a real gem. The tanks worth skipping are the ones before it.

I also really didn't like the 12t. (Never made it to the 13 75, but I hear it's just more 12t...)

By all accounts the 13 90 and Bat Chat are supposed to be awesome though. Personally I never liked auto-loaders.

This Tank isnt the usual "Light" you see.. it´s an dirty rotten weasel, a tank to make other cry, curse you in hell

or.. a fast tank to die with..

Served best with a 100% Crew with 100% Camo rating you can sit right next to your enemy and they will drive by (next to auto spot range..)

you can either use it like a Jet fighter.. dive in.. shot at point blank range and duck out again

you can use it as a well hidden stealth "sniper" or as an passive/active scout.

There are some limitations to this anyway, but the key to this tank is

Use all of his strength and get used to his weakness(es)

for me its "THE" keeper Tank.

i skipped (as much as possible) the AMX 40 

i sold the 12T, the 75.. but do very well with the 90´s

edit: there are some guides to the ELC out there. You have anyway get used to it

No gun depression at all

no real turret

no armor to speak of

gun isnt very accurate

radio isnt very good

but oh boy..

it can dish out so much damage to anything you will meet (used to get ranked against tier9 in former days)

its very flat design makes it hard to hit, sometimes your tracks eats the shot regulary

you can shoot savely from 350m+ without beein lit up

you can hide behind a lone single bush and stay hidden. (look at the bush at B7 in west coast.. that size..)

every peace of hill or crater is enough to not get shoot from regulary tanks

in the hand of a good player.. (on the right map..) this tank can single handly win the game

some replays ;)

get rid of clickers..

last man standing

yes you have been spotted (5.1k Spotting dmg..)

I started with a gold crew, put on camo and am now going on to 6th (for credits, 20% or so in 2nd skill). This tank is a keeper because it's F.U.N. Period. You can do scouting but you can do some sniping as well -> the alpha on the gun is a bit ridiculous for a tier 5 light...

Most fun you will have at full throttle... zooming, zipping, turning on auto aim and going in until you see nothing but enemy tank in the circle... fire and zip past....

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1497652#stalingrad-golem501-elc_amx

Not the best game ever but 100% fun.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1464008#redshire-golem501-elc_amx

My ace game... not much damage but well.. spotting counts.

ELC AMX is also the first I got that medal for killing 2 higher tier tanks while in a light... basically again -> zoom in *booom* get out.

IF (big if) you can get under another tanks gun depression you can afford to wait for the reload... (just a few ages).

The AMX 12t I started again with a fresh 100% crew and elited it, went to 6th before I moved the crew to the 13 75. The 12t is a bit slower than the 13 75... still it teaches you a bit about getting in, clipping a enemy while he's distracted and getting out again (hopefully)... If you are going to skip, I would say skip the 12t (although I had fun in it)

I free XP'd to it (from tier II) 2 days ago, and put a female crew in it, horee shiit, you can't carry for shit but i've never had so much fun in a tank ever even if i lose i have amazingly fun games (and i've lost quite a bit, 44% W/R :/). Best tier V TD, and drive by car. (also, a padding machine)

I free XP'd to it (from tier II) 2 days ago, and put a female crew in it, horee shiit, you can't carry for shit but i've never had so much fun in a tank ever even if i lose i have amazingly fun games (and i've lost quite a bit, 44% W/R :/). Best tier V TD, and drive by car. (also, a padding machine)

Well you can carry, play like a TD. Has long been my highest winrate (non clubbing) tank achieving 60% in it when I was green.

You are mistaken: it can very much carry. In fact, I'd say it's the best carry "LT" in the game (more of a TD but w/e). Yes, city maps fuck you hard, but you can play vision games in almost every map in the game. A decked-out ELC AMX can slap down ridiculous damage from unexpected positions. I've made many comebacks and carries in my ELC AMX

You are mistaken: it can very much carry. In fact, I'd say it's the best carry "LT" in the game (more of a TD but w/e). Yes, city maps fuck you hard, but you can play vision games in almost every map in the game. A decked-out ELC AMX can slap down ridiculous damage from unexpected positions. I've made many comebacks and carries in my ELC AMX

The ELC definitely can carry in the right hands and on the right maps.  It's not a pre-nerf Hellcat but it's still pretty darn good.  For example, I have a 62.1% solo WR in it and a 70.5% plat WR and I only plat it as a two man ELC team (3 ELC is too much).  Had a game the other day with just me and a hellcat vs a KV-4 and two T34s and we killed all three due to my camo and ability to shoot and quickly run/relocate.  It is, however, seriously unforgiving due to the lack of armor and hitpoints.  

It's easily one of the most fun tanks in the game.  I also suggest getting GnomeFather's, or at least pulling the ELC sounds out of it and using them as the dirt bike-ish engine sounds only add to the hilarity. zoom zoom!

I really do love ELC.  5 Ace badges in a row.

edit: Sadly, I only got 1st class on the next one, but got a good deal more Aces over my 22 game session today due to averaging ~1600 dpg and 2.3 kpg. 8)

rk4m4m.jpg

I got this tank in my first 1000 games and YOLO'd around like a massive noob. Ended with a 47% wr.. just played it again and got the 3rd mark of excellence. It's pretty special!