Wargaming rolled out the updated wiki for the English servers. Unsurprisingly, it's not much more than a reskinned version of the old wiki. Those who frequented the RU wiki know exactly how it looks.

I would like to suggest you guys help me out in fixing up the wiki. It's full of unfounded opinions, missing information, etc. The wiki is one of the most likely places for a newer player to look for information in, so I think a solid wiki would be advantageous.

Editing the wiki is as simple as pie. Sign in, hit the edit button, change whatever you want, presto. I'd like to recommend you be a little choosey with what you edit in - make sure you actually know what you're talking about and are putting information in that makes sense in the context of a wiki. No throwing your agenda around. It's also important to keep in mind your audience - you're speaking to the average World of Tanks player.

Thanks!

Tru dat Rexxie... sorry

A things I'd like to see improved ...

-very precise and explicit camo/vision calculations explanations

-soft stats if available ie the ones that don't show up even in game

-something like Allurai's how to crew your tanks right

-how to sidescrape and angle tanks

As a side note if you decide to edit stuff and want to be sure its 100% Kosher before posting it there maybe run it by a purple poster or 2 b4 doing so to make sure your info is correct

Perhaps some Purples could volunteer to do this?

Edited by xWulffx

Purples could, but because it's a wiki, it's also really easy to roll back bad information. I'd trust information given by even the yellows on this site over the information plastered on the wiki, so I don't think there's much harm in letting everyone have a go at it. If you think you can make a page better, by all means do! You're likely right.

I'd be willing to help; I know the mechanics solidly, and can generally give a fair overview of most tanks. Perhaps we should copy paste stuff from RBS's guides, if he's okay with that?

Please don't.

I will poke some WG people tomorrow to see how quality control will be done, until such a thing can be ascertained I would advise planning but not doing anything.

Gotcha.

Folterknecht-

Ok, but IF responsible people from WOTLabs take up the torch and make this their own by putting out good info and dispelling the myths from the tin foil hat wearing deniers, isn't that a good thing?

Isn't that the purpose of this site?

It would also clear up a lot of the repetative questions that pop up here so often where we could just refer them to the wiki and be done with it, unless they had more complicated questions or needed clarification on something.

Isn't that the purpose of this site?

We don't answer to suits, or some invisible higher power who is completely disconnected from reality, the highest levels of authority here are clearly visible with a clear, sturdy agenda for the community. WG doesn't work like that, which is why I am not not encouraging people to jump on this like white on rice, I would much rather know who, what and how this is going to work going forward.  

They should drown in their own stupidity, I dont care. WG made sure to alienate certain player groups, catering mostly to the window lickers - they made their choice. Thats why I see absolutly no reason to help them.

For those that want to learn something we have WoTLabs.

We don't answer to suits, or some invisible higher power who is completely disconnected from reality, the highest levels of authority here are clearly visible with a clear, sturdy agenda for the community. WG doesn't work like that, which is why I am not not encouraging people to jump on this like white on rice, I would much rather know who, what and how this is going to work going forward.

No problem, and I understand completely. Thank goodness for that.

But if it works out that we can without all the red tape, I think its a super idea and am excited about it.

If I were to ever edit wiki I'd probably bash all the map changes WG is spewing out lately.

Or comment on how the new marks of excellence formula "is complicated and will not be released"

I don't have it in me to try and help those assholes. Folter is simply right.

I'm willing to help with this.  I'm in the wiki skype channel, plus I have admin right on the wiki so I can help do stuff you all wouldn't be able to do otherwise.  And for the "Fuck the wiki and WG" comments, keep in mind the editors aren't too happy with WG right now either.  In the end, the wiki is by the community, for the community.  WG just oversees things; they hardly ever have any direct interaction.

I will poke some WG people tomorrow to see how quality control will be done, until such a thing can be ascertained I would advise planning but not doing anything.

If by quality control you mean lock down editing to certain people, I can already tell you with certainty that that will not happen.  It's been brought up before and the answer was no.  As long as it's a wiki, it'll remain open for editing to everyone except for on certain pages.  Locking down certain important pages has already been done so only wiki staff can edit it.  If someone wants me to change something on one of those pages, you can type up the changes and I'll add them.

And I'm a retard for staying up till almost 6AM on a worknight dealing with the wiki...  RIP

Churchill once said that a 5 minute conversation with the average voter is the best argument against democracy. This is relevant in this case.

RBS is a great source for non-statistical information. Numbers can be found on Wot-news or the wiki if you aren't into soft stats. Yes, I understand the intention of making things easier for new players who want to improve and that is something this community cares about, but given that this is the same company that took 9 months to code a graphical update on a webpage, I'm a bit leery if spending time and energy on it.

but given that this is the same company that took 9 months to code a graphical update on a webpage, I'm a bit leery if spending time and energy on it.

Particularly since it made everything worse.

Search "Panzer B2", click on link with English preview, get taken to the front page of the Korean wiki.

Much as I'd LIKE to help, it sounds like wikipedia itself and everybody is going to be counteracting everybody else. Without some kind of order to it, just gonna keep out.