Private_Miros

M26 Pershing (so super the super needs to not to be spelled out, but merely implied)

Never be afraid to shoot as much gold as needed. The Pershing can be an expensive tank to play properly, at times.

Well I do keep 15 rounds of HVAP around, but damage seems to be a bit less of a problem. The reason being however mediocore I am with the Pershing, in the matches where I do pull off getting top on my team(Excess of 2500 dmg) we end up losing because it seems all of my team is worse than I am

If I can get a winning team and do well, great, but it feels like 1 win and then 3 losses

Well I do keep 15 rounds of HVAP around, but damage seems to be a bit less of a problem. The reason being however mediocore I am with the Pershing, in the matches where I do pull off getting top on my team(Excess of 2500 dmg) we end up losing because it seems all of my team is worse than I am

If I can get a winning team and do well, great, but it feels like 1 win and then 3 losses

APCR as first round in chamber, go hyper-aggressive if top tier, semi-aggressive when mid-tier and scare the enemy pubbies. While en route to the flank, check to see how many allies are going with you (and when you start, ping the map). If it's less than 1/3 of the team, bail out.

Bonus if you're working in very hilly territory.

If you encounter super-high alpha/pen tanks (Jagdtiger, ISU-152, etc.) apply Kewei's Enskgorithm and wait for a distraction. You could try to bait a bounce, but its a risk (especially if arty is in play)

Platoon with either faster or sturdier T8 tanks if the pubs are on a bad streak. I used to have ~44% W/R in my Pershing (RiP), pulled it back to 56%.

APCR as first round in chamber, go hyper-aggressive if top tier, semi-aggressive when mid-tier and scare the enemy pubbies. While en route to the flank, check to see how many allies are going with you (and when you start, ping the map). If it's less than 1/3 of the team, bail out.

If you encounter super-high alpha/pen tanks (Jagdtiger, ISU-152, etc.) apply Kewei's Enskgorithm and wait for a distraction. You could try to bait a bounce, but its a risk (especially if arty is in play)

Platoon with either faster or sturdier T8 tanks if the pubs are on a bad streak. I used to have ~44% W/R in my Pershing (RiP), pulled it back to 56%.

Getting strings of 3k+ dmg wins, thanks

I had a terribad WR in my Pershing too, but I've managed to start pulling it up from the Earth's mantle.  I think it's at 50% right now and climbing.

Getting strings of 3k+ dmg wins, thanks

I really only provided general info, if you need anything more specific just ask :P

Also, APCR as first round for safety purposes (bonus if tears are farmed XD), in case you somehow run into an E-75 or something with similar hardness for your first target to fire at.

I suppose it's possible they'll have a sale before they remove it, but I wouldn't count on it.

I am not counting on it, I have the gold to pay full price. I do expect they'll announce it before the stop selling it. I expect the sale again around *shit* my summer holidays...ehm... 

I have to consider if I need a SP I have soo many tanks already... *sigh*

EVERYBODY needs an SP.

I tend to rate whether a tank is a "must-have" or keeper based on how unique it is, not just how effective it is. Even if it's effective, if I have other tanks filling that niche at that tier that are equally effective, they end up not being keepers for me. Unique plus effective ensures it a permanent spot in my garage.

Compare it to the IS-6. I don't have one, but I've seen a lot in matches and paid attention to how they work. I'm still considering picking one up before it disappears, but it's not a given, because its niche (moderately mobile, trollishly armored) is filled quite well by the SP, the IS-2b covers my Russian HT training needs, and I have enough premiums for credit generation.

But look at the difference in play - the IS-6 has all-around good armor coverage with high alpha and DPM, balanced by crap accuracy and gun handling. The SP has frontally insane armor protection, enough to troll anything you see (and some Tier 10s you don't see, see above) but has weak sides and the mantlet only covers about 50%-60% of the front of the turret.

This means the method of using the armor is totally different. The IS-6 you tend to angle about 30° off the guy most likely to shoot at you, and point your gun at him...but if you gotta turn it to shoot somebody else, go ahead. The sides and even rear are well enough armored that bad angles can keep them bouncing shots - brawling in the middle of some low-pen opponents is not a hopeless fight.

The downside of all this even coverage, though, is that the front is well-armored (I only know of one genuine frontal weak spot, the driver's hatch) but not ridiculously so. You're a bit of a pain for things in your tier if you angle right...but only to a limit. High-pen guns are reliably going to nail you. The IS-6's armor is all-around, and consistent...and limited in what it can do.

The SP's armor, by contrast, can do some ridiculous shit. I bounced a Waffle Pz4 in the replay above. I bounced 1900 damage from a Maus. An IS-6 will never do that, barring some freak 89.9° hit on the armor. On the other hand, a Tier 5 tank - most Tier 4s! - will have little trouble penning your side armor if you don't keep your front to the enemy. The trick is very active angling, which is aided by the SP turning well, especially if you have clutch braking. Medium range usually works best for this, but you can definitely make it work at closer range by watching your enemies fire, mentally keeping track of who has shot, observing to see who seems to be reloaded based on their behavior, and turning aggressively to present your angled front end to them, each as they fire.

It's a lot of work, and it's a high-risk deal that shouldn't be sought out, but when clutch mode hits the SP can be extremely clutch when played right.

The accuracy and gun handling also have defensive value. You can fight from a standoff distance to prevent your weak spots being hit, you can get in close, get a shot off quick and continue wiggling to avoid your upper turret bring easily targeted, or you can just shoot without stopping, given the gun handling. High gold pen helps with this.

As I said, the SP can be extremely clutch when necessary. It's a hell of a fun tank, slowish but not slower than heavies, more agile than all but a few of the most nimble heavies, carries a fine gun, if a bit low alpha, and the most ridiculous armor you'll ever see on a medium.

Ridiculously fun tank, everybody should have one.

I don't get this time. People hate on the t44 but this feels less mobile, less camoed and the dpm and gun handling is ok but nothing amazing. It feels like a downgrade after the t20. 

Bought Pershing again after selling earlier.  What a mistake.

Grind it to Patton.  Love this tank so grind should be good. Pershing is probably best tier 8 medium?

10 hours ago, SIRJ4MES said:

Bought Pershing again after selling earlier.  What a mistake.

Grind it to Patton.  Love this tank so grind should be good. Pershing is probably best tier 8 medium?

ehm... I got the M46 Patton and Patton KR. I used to think the Pershing was a keeper. It was in 8/42 setting I think. But now with the Patton KR and other 8's I think it's not really a keeper anymore. I will seriously consider moving my crew to the M46 instead of getting a new crew.

I liked the T-44 a Bit more tbh.

13 hours ago, Golem501 said:

ehm... I got the M46 Patton and Patton KR. I used to think the Pershing was a keeper. It was in 8/42 setting I think. But now with the Patton KR and other 8's I think it's not really a keeper anymore. I will seriously consider moving my crew to the M46 instead of getting a new crew.

I liked the T-44 a Bit more tbh.

Patton KR , isnt it a bad Pershing that prints money? 

Turret armor is not like the Pershing.  Dat mantlet !

Its probably a keeper, but I think I gonna sell Pershing when M46 Patton is researched.  Need my crew.

Not collecting tanks anymore. Sold many tier 8 non-premiums...

Hey,

Is there any good reason to keep it? Bad mobilty and DPM does not really make me wanting to play it. Also the Gun is nothing to write home about. Heck, I enjoy the Cent 1 more, since it good decent pen.

41 minutes ago, HappyIittlecloud said:

Quick question: What crewskills yould you suggest? Camo or repairs second? Is camo worth it at all, for the peek-a-boom style?

Repairs should be first.  Camo second.

On 5/26/2016 at 11:51 AM, HappyIittlecloud said:

Quick question: What crewskills yould you suggest? Camo or repairs second? Is camo worth it at all, for the peek-a-boom style?

I went with camo since the armor is so bad that you really shouldn't sidescrape ever outside of fighting low tiers, but most of them have a low caliber gun so it won't trap you that often. Having camo is nice on every medium (think maps like Redshire and Malinovka). But really the important stuff should be 6th sense/smooth ride/snap shot/safe stowage followerd by BiA since this tank isn't really made for sidescraping or camo sniping.

11 hours ago, Mami_Momoe said:

I went with camo since the armor is so bad that you really shouldn't sidescrape ever outside of fighting low tiers, but most of them have a low caliber gun so it won't trap you that often. Having camo is nice on every medium (think maps like Redshire and Malinovka). But really the important stuff should be 6th sense/smooth ride/snap shot/safe stowage followerd by BiA since this tank isn't really made for sidescraping or camo sniping.

Thanks. Thats pretty much my first set. :)

Bought the Pershing. It is my first high tier medium. I free xped the tracks / gun / turret, and had the other components already researched. 

100 games later. 64.5% wins. 3143 Average WN8. 2 marks of excellence. 90% of it solo.
At the time of writing this I am a sh**ter. 51.45% wins overall and 1076 WN8 overall with 6,612 games.

I love this tank. It makes me look good. :)

Well the Pershing is simply more than the sum of its parts. Individually they might not be something to write home about, but every part is functional and at your disposal. The gun is trolling you and you miss 2/3 of your shots and the rest does no or low dmg? Well just troll the enemy back with your mantlet while your buddies shred him. Are there hills/dunes and all your enemies have much higher alpha than you? Well who cares if they cannot shoot back while you dive behind cover only to shoot them for 240 every 8 secs. Pershing is sexy, my first tier 8 med and still one of my favourite tanks in Wot. Definitely a keeper. The Korean prints money, sure, the AP pen is a bit more comfortable. but overal the original is the better tank.

On 23.5.2016 at 9:40 AM, Mami_Momoe said:

Gold rounds make this tank god tier.

And make you broke. I like this tank, but gold shells on Pershing is so expensive.

Much better on Patton.

17 hours ago, Reluctor said:

Bought the Pershing. It is my first high tier medium. I free xped the tracks / gun / turret, and had the other components already researched. 

100 games later. 64.5% wins. 3143 Average WN8. 2 marks of excellence. 90% of it solo.
At the time of writing this I am a sh**ter. 51.45% wins overall and 1076 WN8 overall with 6,612 games.

I love this tank. It makes me look good. :)

Pershing is a great tank.  I always enjoyed mine and it can definitely carry.