Katoleras

E2 vs E8

e8 mang

imagine you're in your e2 and now you're fighting an IS-3 because fucking mm

heres what you do: die

imagine you're in your e8 and now you're fighting an IS-3 because fucking mm

here's what you do: benny hill

E8E8E8E8E8E8E8E8E8E8E8E8

E8 is a slower Cromwell without liquid shit for gun handling + its mantlet can currently nom 175 pen guns

E2

it's a medium with the best armor in tier6+decent view range

best armor means nothing if the short88 can casually pen UFP

loved e8, played the e2 such a long time ago i can't remember it but have o problems penning the top bit of the ufp and don't see the point of it

E2 is the easier to play at a low level, and will bounce a lot of shells on the nice side of its MM.  

But the lack of mobility really kills it.  The top gun of both is at the lower end of the penetration level, even with premium ammo.  There are many enemies tier 7+ that you will struggle to bounce, and you will bounce against them frontally.  

With the Easy 8, you can use your mobility to get to a place where your gun will penetrate, but flanking with an E2 is much tougher.  

I really like (enough to buy permanent camo), and still play my Easy 8, though it has been elite for months.  

What Rexxie said

benny_hill_chase_scene-104350.gif

Both have the same gun

The E2 is just too dang slow and with the heavy turret it loses like ~50m View Range iirc

The E2 can be penned, so you're better off with the better mobility.

The E2 was kind of viable before the 105mm HEAT nerf, it used to be able to shit fury at even tier 7s while having acceptable armor and good turret armor

After the nerf either you pick the M4 Sherman gun or you lose all your turret armor and get the M1A2

If you're gonna lose all your turret armor just to have a not garbage gun, you might as well get the E8

The E8 scales much better vs higher tiers/powerful guns because the E2's hull armour is only relevant up to ~160 pen, even with angling. The top turret is only about as good as the E8's and if you use the stock turret instead, you're stuck with pathetic view range and guns that were only good at the last tier.

E8 is a no brainer in this age of sprem and nerfed HEAT. Plus it leads to the T20 which is awesomesauce

back in the old days of HEAT spam, the jumbo was essentially a warpacktank. it doesn't afraid of anything, just hulls down and tosses 105mm HEAT for days

Before the HEAT nerf and E8 credits nerf I remember battles with 20 tanks out of 30 being either an E2, E8, or M4

Before the HEAT nerf and E8 credits nerf I remember battles with 20 tanks out of 30 being either an E2, E8, or M4

wow, i played during the hayday of M4 HEAT derp, and I don't remember seeing more than 10, even on half price ammo weekends.  

I love my E2. But the E8 is more flexable for a win...

I can't beleve I have to say this but the E2 and E8 move the same. The turn speed. The acceleration and overall movement is the same , ( or it used to be , when they nerfed the E2's second turret it really hurt it and they have nerfed it's movement a bit.. ) the E8s top speed is much better, but how the move is the same. Between the two If the e2 is top tank, e2 is better. It's a bully tank. Like the KV-2 , but since that doesn't happen very often , e8 is a more sensible choice . If you only want one, go E8

I sware to god they used to. Have very similar stats, in movementthat's why I picked the E2 over the E8 two years ago or so..: maybe not idk. It's been so long since I kept up with patch info...

Well I'm dumb. Moving on...

E2 with stock turret and derp and you have a medium heavy tank that can damage anything. I really enjoyed it some time ago.

Currently grinding the E8 and I'm not enjoying the grind. While the tank as platform is decent, the guns are just bad. The top gun is basically the same gun that was already "meh" on the tier 5 and moving up a tier did not make it any better^^ The derp gun is also a lot less viable on a tier 6 tank than it was on the M4. So very often I find myself in situations where I got the choice between spamming gold or being useless. And losing credits nearly every match where I'm not one of only a few top tier tanks is anyong as hell.