bjshnog

Solopub Challenge ft. bjshnog

So, as some people may have noticed (not that I blame anyone if they haven't), I have been doing a lot better in the last week. I've probably totaled between 5 and 10 platooned battles in that time, and my stats for the period are as follows (excluding the last 3 battles before posting - all 3 of which were victories):

Tanks: Mostly T-62A, some E100, some Obj. 140

KZClfJP.png

The purpose of this thread is to track my tier 10 solo win rate over a large sample, and try to get the highest win rate I can.

Goal: 67%

Expectation: 65%

I'm not going to bother separating days by UTC/EST/PST or anything. These will simply be dates where I live, on which the sessions began (because I sometimes play way past midnight). Day 1 is Monday July 14, and all data points listed will represent consecutive days. Results are as follows:

Day #: daily wins/battles (%) - cumulative wins/battles (%)

Day 1: 35/66 (53.0%) - 35/66 (53.0%)
Day 2: 40/67 (59.7%) - 75/133 (56.4%)

Day 3: 1/1 (100%) - 76/134 (56.7%)

Day 4: 30/47 (63.8%) - 106/181 (58.6%)

Day 5: 0/0 - 106/181 (58.6%)

Day 6: 44/76 - 150/257 (58.4%)

Day 7: 0/0 - 150/257 (58.4%)

Day 8: 18/44 - 168/301 (55.8%)

If you're saying the three tanks you used on a normal basis were the T62A, E 100, and Obj. 140- then I don't agree with the stats you have been getting. If you're saying those are the three tanks you'll be using, then it's obvious what will happen.

Sorry, but all three of those tanks are known to boost Wn8 fairly easily, and boosting Wn8 really doesn't show much skill, no matter how well you really play in those tanks (of course there are exceptions). Hell, I can average 3600 (probs lower since the last 6 games were less than 2100 damage due to dat hard drive slowly failing) damage in the E 100 and it's my first time using it on the actual server AND without spamming mass amounts of HEAT.

If I'm wrong, then good for you for being extremely good in any tank you play. If you aren't doing the solo-pub challenge with those three tanks as priorites, I highly suggest you refrain from using them at all honestly. If it's only winrate you're looking for (in which it seems a little implied seeing as you only stated you're heading for >67%), then I don't think you'll consistently hit it.

I'm very pessimistic, and I would like to be the A-hole of the theory/experiment. If I'm proven wrong, then better for you. But everyone who knows me knows I do better solo and I only ever really solo when I play 10s, and I just don't think you're being realistic. Anyways, that's my thoughts. Prove me wrong, and I'll be the very first to apologize.

Good Luck.

If you're saying the three tanks you used on a normal basis were the T62A, E 100, and Obj. 140- then I don't agree with the stats you have been getting. If you're saying those are the three tanks you'll be using, then it's obvious what will happen.

Sorry, but all three of those tanks are known to boost Wn8 fairly easily, and boosting Wn8 really doesn't show much skill, no matter how well you really play in those tanks (of course there are exceptions). Hell, I can average 3600 (probs lower since the last 6 games were less than 2100 damage due to dat hard drive slowly failing) damage in the E 100 and it's my first time using it on the actual server AND without spamming mass amounts of HEAT.

If I'm wrong, then good for you for being extremely good in any tank you play. If you aren't doing the solo-pub challenge with those three tanks as priorites, I highly suggest you refrain from using them at all honestly. If it's only winrate you're looking for (in which it seems a little implied seeing as you only stated you're heading for >67%), then I don't think you'll consistently hit it.

I'm very pessimistic, and I would like to be the A-hole of the theory/experiment. If I'm proven wrong, then better for you. But everyone who knows me knows I do better solo and I only ever really solo when I play 10s, and I just don't think you're being realistic. Anyways, that's my thoughts. Prove me wrong, and I'll be the very first to apologize.

Good Luck.

The goal was win rate, since I know how well those tanks pad WN8, but I get your point. I just wish I had enough credits to buy back my E50M or BatChat, so that maybe there was more variation in tanks. The whole reason I am mainly playing the T-62A is to grind credits anyway.

The goal was win rate, since I know how well those tanks pad WN8, but I get your point. I just wish I had enough credits to buy back my E50M or BatChat, so that maybe there was more variation in tanks. The whole reason I am mainly playing the T-62A is to grind credits anyway.

Yes but even then do you honestly think you'll be good enough to consistently win >67% of your games? I'm only asking this as I'm very curious as to why you chose such a high number for solo-pubbing

Yes but even then do you honestly think you'll be good enough to consistently win >67% of your games? I'm only asking this as I'm very curious as to why you chose such a high number for solo-pubbing

I'm confident I can reach 65% solo over 1000 battles (since I have noticed massive improvements in my own play recently, not just enemies being worse), but a higher goal is always good encouragement. :)

I probably can solo tier 10 for 57-58% at best despite my hyper-inflated wn8. Let's not be haters though, go ahead with your challenge and post those replays. I would like to see what sort of playstyle difference would account for the winrate difference. 

The thing is, I see your recent with 63% and I know that you mostly play platoons. This makes me wonder how you set a goal higher than what you are already achieving with help? 

When I start playing solo, the first grounds I set were to win atleast 60%, (at the time, my 60 day WR was around the 68% mark), now I am easily maintaining 63% solo without an extreme "play-to-win" focus. 

Personally I think you should play for 60% solo, then see what happens. 

The thing is, I see your recent with 63% and I know that you mostly play platoons. This makes me wonder how you set a goal higher than what you are already achieving with help? 

When I start playing solo, the first grounds I set were to win atleast 60%, (at the time, my 60 day WR was around the 68% mark), now I am easily maintaining 63% solo without an extreme "play-to-win" focus. 

Personally I think you should play for 60% solo, then see what happens. 

Actually, I mostly play solo.

Interesting, when did you change? It must have been pretty recent?

I have played mostly solo since I started playing the game. There was a phase where I wanted to pad win rate with a platoon, but it didn't last very long. Most days, I play 100% solo, and other days, I play more than 50% solo.

By the way, RNG is really fucking me over today. I have had 4 battles so far with 20 or more shots and 5 or less pens.

By the way, RNG is really fucking me over today. I have had 4 battles so far with 20 or more shots and 5 or less pens.

Talk of being screwed by RNG from high level players is frustrating.  This forum is about denying stat-deniers, exactly the type of players that will complain about RNG dictating their performance.  These type of comments are read by a lot of players trying to get better.  Conveying an 'easy out' of RNG sets the wrong expectation and the wrong precedent.

Talk of being screwed by RNG from high level players is frustrating.  This forum is about denying stat-deniers, exactly the type of players that will complain about RNG dictating their performance.  These type of comments are read by a lot of players trying to get better.  Conveying an 'easy out' of RNG sets the wrong expectation and the wrong precedent.

Well, my RNG has been screwing me over all day long. I have been playing exactly the same way and SO MANY shots that should go through, and usually do, just fail completely.

EDIT: I was just set on fire twice in a row.

meh i never really get above 4k WN with it, if you find a useful easy way of tracking, I'd join you

lol @ the fact you don't think it's a WN8 padder. You must not be playing it correctly.

Back to the topic. I play mostly solo and I struggle to get 66%. I don't think you'll be getting anywhere near 67%, simply because it's insanely hard to do so. Like Pity said, you should aim at 60% or something lower or the same as what you are currently achieving, not something higher and handicapping yourself trying to achieve it.,

I'm not going to aim for a number as lame as that.

However, I barely managed 53% over the last 24 hours, and it was stuck at 50% all day until the remnants of the Sunday/Monday midnight players disappeared (only about 10 battles out of 66). At that point, my WN8 also started increasing sharply for the day.

I expect to achieve a high win rate tomorrow.