bjshnog

Solopub Challenge ft. bjshnog

bj stop padding wn

I've been trying to win specifically instead of just killing tanks. As a result, I have achieved far less WN8 in the last few days AND lost more battles, than I had in the 200 battles before I started.

I should change my strategy back to WN8 padding. :)

If you're saying the three tanks you used on a normal basis were the T62A, E 100, and Obj. 140- then I don't agree with the stats you have been getting. If you're saying those are the three tanks you'll be using, then it's obvious what will happen.

Sorry, but all three of those tanks are known to boost Wn8 fairly easily, and boosting Wn8 really doesn't show much skill, no matter how well you really play in those tanks (of course there are exceptions). Hell, I can average 3600 (probs lower since the last 6 games were less than 2100 damage due to dat hard drive slowly failing) damage in the E 100 and it's my first time using it on the actual server AND without spamming mass amounts of HEAT.

Also, for the record, my recent WN8 has been based mainly on these 3 tanks since thousands of battles ago. Since it has been increasing rapidly with my win rate, I either got a lot better at playing my tanks, or pubbies went consistently easy on me for an entire week.

I've been trying to win specifically instead of just killing tanks. As a result, I have achieved far less WN8 in the last few days AND lost more battles, than I had in the 200 battles before I started.

I should change my strategy back to WN8 padding. :)

Padding seems a popular term these days, I don't think you should call it that when you're playing whatever tank you like/grind and obtain the necessary amount of damage and kills in the right places.

You're not going to win by doing 1k damage are you?

If you care, this is what I've had so far (don't think I did more than 5platooned battles and when I did it was 2man with players under my stats)

122gqo0.png

Meds still masterrace I guess, though I fear things will change in future (El Halluf and accuracy changes)

Padding seems a popular term these days, I don't think you should call it that when you're playing whatever tank you like/grind and obtain the necessary amount of damage and kills in the right places.

The problem is that you can't play these tanks without padding. By playing normally, if you're already good, you are automatically receiving higher rating(s) than you deserve (as compared to the majority of tanks).

The problem is that you can't play these tanks without padding. By playing normally, if you're already good, you are automatically receiving higher rating(s) than you deserve (as compared to the majority of tanks).

Exactly this. No matter if you're a good player or a bad player, if you can do at least 3k damage and at least one kill in an E 100, which is far from hard, then you are already sitting at a pretty 3k WN8. Any higher spikes the WN8 tremendously. Tell me in what parallel universe that ISN'T considered padding.

Alright then. Here are the results so far:

Day 1: 66 battles - 35 wins (53.0%)

Day 2: 67 battles - 40 wins (59.7%)

Copied to post #2.

Would be nice to have top peeps chime in here but that seems to be a lot of battles to me for someone doing a win rate challenge.   The first thing I'd do on a challenge like this is cut that down significantly.  Make sure I have the proper focus for each battle. 

I'm sure there's someone out there who's had a 65% w/r solo who's popping off 60+ battles a day but I haven't seen him.  Zak is always the guy I look to for these things because we know he's almost entirely solo.  His 60 day battle count is usually around 1k.  Thats less than 20 battles a day.  I'd be curious to look at his history and see how many days he goes significantly over that and how well he did on those days. 

Anyway my $.02.  Good luck. Any challenge focused on winning is a worthy challenge. 

Would be nice to have top peeps chime in here but that seems to be a lot of battles to me for someone doing a win rate challenge.   The first thing I'd do on a challenge like this is cut that down significantly.  Make sure I have the proper focus for each battle. 

I'm sure there's someone out there who's had a 65% w/r solo who's popping off 60+ battles a day but I haven't seen him.  Zak is always the guy I look to for these things because we know he's almost entirely solo.  His 60 day battle count is usually around 1k.  Thats less than 20 battles a day.  I'd be curious to look at his history and see how many days he goes significantly over that and how well he did on those days. 

Anyway my $.02.  Good luck. Any challenge focused on winning is a worthy challenge. 

I just don't think I could focus intensely enough for that many games. Just doing 10-20 games in a row for my challenge is stressful and exhausting. Changing the mindset (for me) from "herpaderpderp try to do damage, flank flank, win/lose, yay" to an intense focus on the perfect move to win a particular match just takes so much more concentration. 10 games took me over an hour last night and I was pretty spent. 

I just don't think I could focus intensely enough for that many games. Just doing 10-20 games in a row for my challenge is stressful and exhausting. Changing the mindset (for me) from "herpaderpderp try to do damage, flank flank, win/lose, yay" to an intense focus on the perfect move to win a particular match just takes so much more concentration. 10 games took me over an hour last night and I was pretty spent. 

I feel the same way, solopub challenges are something I could realistically never see myself doing. I was platooning with Worst and Shrew last night getting some really fun games in and I decided to take a break after only 6 games. It's just exhausting and really not as fun as other activities could be, I couldn't imagine trying to do 50 or 60 games at a time unless I have a huge motivator backing me up.

You see the last 2-3 days of my stats, and you realize that every replay on this site - even the reds asking for help with replay reviews - are considered "good" compared to my recent play.

Would prefer replays of commie hovertanks (T-54 or Object 140) or the T57 Heavy (I can't believe how much I suck in such an OP tank). 

dis considered good or do you prefer fascist box replays? ;)

don't think i'm going to play anymore today

I feel the same way, solopub challenges are something I could realistically never see myself doing. I was platooning with Worst and Shrew last night getting some really fun games in and I decided to take a break after only 6 games. It's just exhausting and really not as fun as other activities could be, I couldn't imagine trying to do 50 or 60 games at a time unless I have a huge motivator backing me up.

Soon after my 10 cent games last night I got into a platoon with __prometheus__ and proceeded to yolo crash and burn 3 62a games in a row. He carried all of them but I just didn't have anything left. Had to log. 

Since people (one person) are (is) requesting it, here is the replay for yesterday (I actually like the replay a lot; you may enjoy it). LINK

I usually only play that many battles when my daily results are disappointing. If I play really well for a chain of battles, I often quit about 10 battles in, because I don't want to ruin it. However, I usually don't lose focus unless I have been playing for 18 hours or so or failed to sleep for at least a few hours the night before.

You see the last 2-3 days of my stats, and you realize that every replay on this site - even the reds asking for help with replay reviews - are considered "good" compared to my recent play.

Would prefer replays of commie hovertanks (T-54 or Object 140) or the T57 Heavy (I can't believe how much I suck in such an OP tank). 

I see what you mean, I sucked a lot in T-54 too, took a break from soviet meds and ran loads of bat/leo pta, now performing much better in them.

My obj140 double from yesterday

53c783c89c81a54d1e010000.jpg

Apparently turret actually works :O

Day 4: 30/47 (63.8%)

Started the day horribly -- got up to 24 battles or so, stuck at 50%, but it picked up at the end after I took a break. At that point, I realised what I was doing wrong (being impatient and getting myself killed).

Most notable replay. Was a pretty excellent scouting run on Malinovka, while also putting out shots in the magic forest and taking advantage of the bush/camo system (which I haven't done properly on this map before). Killed 4 invisible tanks.

Watched the T62A Magic forest game.  I think you killed 3 tanks after they disappeared?  Great replay.

Actually, now that you mention it, I killed 4 invisible tanks. o_o

I see what you mean, I sucked a lot in T-54 too, took a break from soviet meds and ran loads of bat/leo pta, now performing much better in them.

My obj140 double from yesterday

53c783c89c81a54d1e010000.jpg

Apparently turret actually works :O

Damn. that was amazing.

Actually, now that you mention it, I killed 4 invisible tanks. o_o

The permatracked inviso JP100 was great.

The permatracked inviso JP100 was great.

1 enemy blind killed because he was low on health.

1 enemy blind killed by fire.

2 enemies blind killed by my permatracking them.

Yeah, they got rekt. :3

Nice job on the El Halluf game.  That maps not half bad when it's not artillery shooting gallery.

At one point you all were down by over 5k HP.. hell of a comeback.  Their 183 went assault TD mode after the 50 100 and paid for it.

Also, it looked like the IS7 and the Batchat penned you through the turret in quick succession.  That surprised me.