Sign in to follow this  
Nalyk

110 C-6

Just bought this thing on sale, it's pretty ridiculous.

It's not too bad when you're flying solo, but if you're in a flight with someone else in one of these things, you can just wreck faces...

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but how did WG think this was balanced?  I mean yes it doesn't climb as well, and it feels a little sluggish, but the 30mm more than makes up for it I feel like.

It's a one-trick pony, but it's a great trick.

I think the key is that at Tier 4, most players haven't learned, when against a C6 or other heavy, to dodge the head-on pass.  With the weak tail gun and poor maneuverability, most planes that can get on a C6's tail can stay there and wreck it.

But it's OP as hell in flights, especially if you queue dodge, as one infamous incident showed.

I have no idea why WG hasn't shelved this thing like they did with the Type 59. Low tiers are completely unplayable if there's a flight of these in the queue.

Maybe WG thinks players who repeatedly get kicked in the teeth starting from tier 3 are more likely to stay, or something.

To be honest, low tiers are unplayable when any flight of 3 good pilots decide to seal club, whether they are in the 110C or not. Again, it comes down to population and not the presence of 110Cs or Mustangs (for a higher tier example).

But yea, in regards to the OP, the plane itself is stupid strong. It suffers from all the same problems of any heavy fighter, but the extra firepower just magnifies the pros of the class to an insane degree.

It's a one-trick pony, but it's a great trick.

I think the key is that at Tier 4, most players haven't learned, when against a C6 or other heavy, to dodge the head-on pass.  With the weak tail gun and poor maneuverability, most planes that can get on a C6's tail can stay there and wreck it.

But it's OP as hell in flights, especially if you queue dodge, as one infamous incident showed.

Another thought on this - since the 110 C6 is a prem, it's usually flying with a very good crew.  In a Tier where a lot of people are flying with 75% crews, that gives you another significant edge.  They really need to limit flights until the server population grows.  Maybe no flights until Tier 5?

Another thought on this - since the 110 C6 is a prem, it's usually flying with a very good crew.  In a Tier where a lot of people are flying with 75% crews, that gives you another significant edge.  They really need to limit flights until the server population grows.  Maybe no flights until Tier 5?

Still wouldn't have much affect....

shot_005_zps21330ed0.jpg

All it takes is 6+ to flood the MM with same tier planes, and they'll likely get put in the same match.

Still wouldn't have much affect....

-snip-

All it takes is 6+ to flood the MM with same tier planes, and they'll likely get put in the same match.

They were still fighting against other fellow clan members in that case, also that was just something a lot of our members did after we finished a scrim against Wraith. Technically if anyone queues (randomly or otherwise) at the same time someone else does, they have the same chance as anyone else as getting on the same team as the person they happened to queue at the same time with.

I suppose a higher queue population, like that of the RU server, would make that a bit less possible. Despite that, there's still a pretty good chance you can see similar faces when queuing in a "cycle" instantly at the same tier, match after match. I saw the same groups of RU pilots when grinding my low tier planes quite often.

A side note: On the RU server, or maybe on some new accounts, I believe there is some weird restriction on flying your biplanes while trying to grind them at the start. I did only a few lines and started not being put into any of the biplane matches so that I could finish off all of my low tier lines in a timely manner. I sincerely don't think this affects older accounts, since I saw many players with 10k battles in biplanes on the RU server.

since I saw many players with 10k battles in biplanes on the RU server.

10k battles in biplanes, seriously?

Wow. Russians take seal clubbing to a whole new level apparently.