ikone_zg

KV-4 the most boring tank (T95 is in totally own class)

20 posts in this topic

It's slow like hell , Reload with top low alpha gun is to long. I will never get to the ST-I ( 160 k exp) . This thing needs to get buffed , or lower exp to the ST-I to at lest 100k . 

Oh ya . I will never go to the E3 line after kv-4.  :thumbup:

Yeah, it's a fairly bad tank overall, but it's also hilarious to get a Tier 8 match on a city map, and just slowly crawl forward like a land battleship, steamrolling and bullying lower Tier tanks. However, situations like that, with the removal of BT12, are somewhat rare.

At least you have a turret and you can sidescrape enemy tanks to oblivion in city maps....

But yes. I have the damned thing unlocked for over a year but I am not paying 2 million credits for a tank that will do nothing but bring me sorrow. (Too bad I won't be able to play the ST-I as a consequence)

I found the KV-4 to be surprisingly enjoyable, and highly effective. It's a bully, and more mobile than people think. Wherever you go, the battle comes to you :)

KV-4 is the best tier 8 for tanking like a mofo. It's gun sucks, but the armor, for tier, is arguably the best. Angle and profit. It will get crushed by 10s and arty, but few reg 8s dont. Its straight line speed is pretty good - just don't plan on turning well.

I might be mistaken, but isn't the KV-4 basically a KV-5 with more accuracy and no R2D2?

KV-4 is the best tier 8 for tanking like a mofo. It's gun sucks, but the armor, for tier, is arguably the best. Angle and profit. It will get crushed by 10s and arty, but few reg 8s dont. Its straight line speed is pretty good - just don't plan on turning well.

I might be mistaken, but isn't the KV-4 basically a KV-5 with more accuracy and no R2D2?

And less speed.

I never have problems killing KV4s in my fcm, if i ever went down that line id probably free exp past it and the KV3

I liked the Kv-4 when I had it. I am even thinking about selling my IS-3 because I like the Kv-4 more.

I have this researched, but what is play-style difference from KV3?  I fail least in the KV3, 105 battle, %65, WN8 1500,; I played it when I was really bad, I think I could do better now.  I just tell teammates to follow as I drive straight into conflict areas to brawl it out.  Is the KV4 the same just a tier higher?

If anyone has replays laying around, can the send a pack?

The KV-4 is similar mostly in mobility and armor. Just rely less on alpha and be more defensive. Also, the long 107 can snipe reliably, so it can work in that role in a pinch (sort of). Don't act like a true sniper though - its strength is the armor. It really is the KV-Fourtress. Don't forget to angle!

Loved the KV-4 and did well in it.

Requires a lot of foresight and good decision making though. You have to be good at picking your fights and knowing where to go/where the enemy will go, since your mobility doesn't really allow you to get out of most situations. The side armor on the thing made for some hilarious moments involving mediums that thought flanking was a guaranteed win.

I like the KV4 so far.  I just got the big gun and wow.  I played a match last night where i held off two KV5's and whittled them down to <400 health each.  I was sidescraping but they penned my top turret using APCR, still need to upgrade turret after engine and tracks.  What I learned from that battle, sidescrape covering your left side (if able)  to help hide your top turret and bait enemy into shooting then stop tank and fire safely.  And when loading move back and forth if exposed.  But I also like the Super Pershing as well so the slow speed doesn't bother me, I just have to plan where I'm going.  This should be a nice slow grind to the ST1

I will never get to the ST-I 

I got my ST-I yesterday: you'll get there too. I even earned two Ace Tankers in the KV-4 over the weekend: the last games in a tank are often the best, aren't they? 

KV-4 can sidescrape like a boss: it has thick enough sides to bounce tier 9 and even tier 10 guns quite often. The tank is _great_ when top tier. I was always pleased to see an IS-6 coming my way: the russian 175-pen guns are terrible vs an angled KV-4. You're right that the DPM is low, but there's fun to be hard trying to end a game with 2000-3000 worth of damage blocked by armor. It's also a great rammer - I've cackled with glee after ramming an IS-7 to death, even if I took more damage than they did :- )

This is a tank that's a beast in top-tier town maps, and dreadful when bottom-tier in the open. Overall I think the Tiger II grind to the E75 was worse. I started Tiger II thinking, This tank is ok, and ended hating its soft turret and lack of any real edge. KV-4 I started feeling too slow and too long, but ended up knowing that I had superb armor for my tier, and with half a clue of how to use it. 

TLDR: Stick with it, it may grow on you!

-- D