Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

Before buying the 120 back remember that the gun handling and depression are horrendous and the armor really isn't good.  It's way more annoying to play than soviet style wedges.  But......for some reason I still like having it around - I guess the alpha and HEAT pen are enough to make it interesting.

I have a love/hate relationship with the china meds; I know what I'm getting into.  But even if they don't actually perform as consistently as the russians, I like them.

If anything - the 430 II is even more a wedge compared to other glorious hovercrafts. :serb:

Technically speaking, the ARL is the boxiest box in the game, yet we chose not to acknowledge such abominations.

If I were to buy one though, I would get the 416.  Its better for tier.  I don't think the 430 II adds anything compared to the T-54.  Plus I kind of like having my 430 II stats all be from that solopub challenge.

Why do you favor the T7 Chinese wedges (WZ-131 and T-34-1) over the T8 ones (WZ-132 and T-34-2)?

131 vs 132:

Tier 10 blows dick.  132 has a 2/3rd chance of being in a match where everything has 400+ view range, 2x your HP, and can one/two shot you.  Plus I already have the T-54L, which just seems better in every way other than expected values.  131 gets a LOT of tier 8 matches, where its basically a turbo medium/primary damage dealer.  That's why my DPG is higher in the 131 than the 132, but spotting is far less.  But overall, I find the 131 to be more unique and enjoyable.

T-34-1 vs. T-34-2:

I've played both a lot and enjoy both.  But the -2 is hard to justify keeping around when I have the -3.  It just seems like having a tier 7 means I can play more tiers wedge style.  I like tier 7, also, and I think the T-34-1 is underrated.

Also in terms of gameplay:

Tier 6 Limited:  Panzer V/IV

Tier 6:  Rudy, VK3001P

Tier 7Lim:  E-25

Tier 7:  T-34-1, T20, SU-122-44

Tier 8L:  Type 59, T-34-3, FCM, IS-6, 112, KV-5

Tier 8:  WZ 131, CDC, T-54p

Tier 9:  T-54L, RU, AMX 13 90, T-54, AMX 30p, (T-55)

Tier 10:  Obj 140, Obj 907, Batchat, E4

So I can play any tier, even with limited, with a good selection of wedges, fun lights, fun fast tanks, and the occasional heavy/TD I enjoy sprinkled in.  I've been thinking of adding in another good RU TD (704?) and perhaps a tier 7 heavy (T29?) to round it out. The only wedges I don't own are T-62A, 121, 120, T-34-2, T-44, T-34-85, T-43, LTTB, and WZ 121 all of which feel redundant and/or worse than one I already have. 

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-06/iu-npv061615.php

I KNEW IT

I don't understand how you can like the T54 more than the 430 v2 these days.  The 54's armor is nothing to consistently rely upon, whereas the 430 v2 can legitimately be played like a heavy.  The other benefits of the 54 seem pretty marginal in comparison (gun depression and full turret).

Btw, any comments?

BG7esE5.jpg

Apparently REL_3 also beat them...

The strat wasn't bad, but if they'd had another T32 instead of an RHM, it'd have made a big difference, and the 1390s just got shrekt.

And I still don't understand the idea that dedicated blues are superior to 'pubstar purpls'. How are the purpls any less dedicated? Because they're not forced to attend numerous practices? I believe I can simplify your argument to that preparation and dedication are more important than individual performance, but regardless of the philosophy it must still produce results in the field, and it hasn't.

Even if -G- may be able to fight on more fronts or for a longer duration, I don't see how this can win wars if you're losing the battles...

Overall blues have something to prove. Sure, we're good but theres still a level of play we've yet to achieve. Driven. 

Once you're at the peak its just maintaining. Nearly every clan Ive ever joined Ive always started at the low end of overall requirements. Within X number of months, Ive pushed myself to be statistically in the uper 1/3 of their players

Blues vs purples both have their advantages and disadvantages. Having a stable and committed team is much easier with blues. Stomping the shit out of most everyone is much easier with purples. However, teams of purples are usually volatile and unstable. IDK if you've ever done sh's in a top 5 clam, but see how many ragesauruses go full retard after a couple losses. Longevity is in fact the strong point of the blues. They don't rage at callers on TS after a loss, they don't sit there making snide comments about whoever they think screwed up. They look, and listen, and learn as best they can. Clans of all purples are a lot like recruiting all the best hockey players from every team and putting them on the ice together. They're more than likely going to end up getting in to a brawl with each other eventually. Feels get hurt, butts get mad, and all too easily.

Couple the ego-rific shenanigans with all the other nonsense top players usually have going on, such as streaming, making videos, managing fan club threadnaughts, pro league, finding the best ruler to measure their epeen, etc, blues are the way to go for a stable, enduring group. They just don't tend to make the miracle moves as often, or work as well without orders. It's a tradeoff, and one that has actually served G very well in the past.

Overall blues have something to prove. Sure, we're good but theres still a level of play we've yet to achieve. Driven. 

Once you're at the peak its just maintaining. Nearly every clan Ive ever joined Ive always started at the low end of overall requirements. Within X number of months, Ive pushed myself to be statistically in the uper 1/3 of their players

I'm not talking about overalls, nobody cares about overalls. If you played 40k games like shit and then suddenly start learning and become a 3.5k 4k dpg player, nobody will care that you're blue. When I say purpl, I mean current performance. When I say blue, I mean recent performance is blue or just purple.

Blues vs purples both have their advantages and disadvantages. Having a stable and committed team is much easier with blues. Stomping the shit out of most everyone is much easier with purples. However, teams of purples are usually volatile and unstable. IDK if you've ever done sh's in a top 5 clam, but see how many ragesauruses go full retard after a couple losses. Longevity is in fact the strong point of the blues. They don't rage at callers on TS after a loss, they don't sit there making snide comments about whoever they think screwed up. They look, and listen, and learn as best they can. Clans of all purples are a lot like recruiting all the best hockey players from every team and putting them on the ice together. They're more than likely going to end up getting in to a brawl with each other eventually. Feels get hurt, butts get mad, and all too easily.

Couple the ego-rific shenanigans with all the other nonsense top players usually have going on, such as streaming, making videos, managing fan club threadnaughts, pro league, finding the best ruler to measure their epeen, etc, blues are the way to go for a stable, enduring group. They just don't tend to make the miracle moves as often, or work as well without orders. It's a tradeoff, and one that has actually served G very well in the past.

Wouldn't Bulba be the perfect storm then? Bulli'ing still goes on but its been relatively stable and successful. When someone gets bullied, they either get bullied out or they man up and it ceases.

When I say blue, I mean recent performance is blue or just purple.

I think everyone here is talking about purple recents and blue overall. Those are the min requirements for new members to -G-.

Wouldn't Bulba be the perfect storm then? Bulli'ing still goes on but its been relatively stable and successful. When someone gets bullied, they either get bullied out or they man up and it ceases.

There was a video by CarbonWard showing the crap he had to put up with in Bulba. If you can find it, it pretty much backed up everything Shade said.

This has also been my experience in this game and others. I played a game called Shadowbane for several years and was a good priest player that could get into any guild, but I preferred playing with the tier 2 guilds because they were more fun but still could be competitive.

BULBA is known for exactly what I talked about. They're lucky to have a core group and leadership that can can stymie the bullshit more often than not, but it's a whole set of problems that G in its current form won't have to deal with in the first place.

The examples you tossed out the other day are purpl recent, so not sure what your "argument" is at this point? It just seems like you are trying to "stick it" to -G- for some reason and your avenue of "sticking it" is Garbad.

-G- has been around awhile so this isn't their first experience with replacing players. Garbad has expressed the plan for replacing players as he understands it and it seems to hold up for the players that they are recruiting. Obviously when you start replacing players there will be some hiccups and some setbacks and even the best clans lose CW battles. 

Even BULBA only won 85% of their battles in the last "server war" and they have the best players that stat-padding can get you or so I have heard.

And I still don't understand the idea that dedicated blues are superior to 'pubstar purpls'. How are the purpls any less dedicated?

Every clam loses battles.  Even peak G only won ~90% over a large sample.  More like ~66% fighting another top 3 clam.  For example the forge war was a steady parade of 4 wins, 2 losses per night, followed by them relanding to rinse/repeat.  But over time, their will broke because we just kept coming, and won more than not.  Again, peak A team performance is less important than steady activity, including multiples teams playing at a high level with good politics/leadership.

And I also didn't say blues are superior to purples.  I said blues were skilled enough, and that active, team focused, clam wars focused players were better than inactive, solopub oriented, stat padders. There are obviously some active, team oriented purples...and those are the most prized recruits for everyone.  On the second tier, I think an active, team blue > stat padding purple anyday, and any recruiter would agree with me.  TBH, its bizarre to me that bulba recruits players just so they can let them go inactive but make their clam average wn8 look better.  Seriously -- stat padding clan averages.  That's all you need to know about that kind of autism.

As far as how G is doing, I honestly don't know.  As I said I almost never actually play these days due to time zones.  I know most of our elite callers quit, and our new ones just might need some practice in tough fights.  Or they honestly might not be that good.  The same can be said for the recruits.  I have no idea.  Nor is any of that a bad thing, or unusual.  Every clam, every team goes through it every season or two.  And G is still cruising to great overall win rates, good gold payouts, free tanks, top ~5 reputation/performance, reasonable activity...and what else are you looking for?  But don't act like a loss to decent teams is somehow the end of the world.  You could do a lot worse than a proven championship level organization in rebuilding mode. That's why smart money joins the 42-40 lakers instead of the 52-30 rockets.

My position is clear -- I think the stats fetishism of this site and its disciples is degenerate, sucks the fun out of the game, and they are a joke.  But that's not just bulba, not by a long shot.  They are socially retarded pillow humping teenagers, which makes them natural victims for my bully, but again, that's not just them.  I give zero shits about CRD -- I've yet to see a single worthwhile poast from there, and they are wrong almost all the time (including the death of G -- seriously kids, literally nothing changed for 18 months, you were just so out of the loop you never noticed).  Bulba is full of teenage stat padders.  Egos are large, numbers are inflated...they are likely to get ADHD and wander off, they are likely to quit when school starts, they rage, etc, etc, etc.  That's not a recipe for a stable clam.  There is a reason why a large chunk of them jumped ship from another top clan in the last 6 months.  Do you think that will suddenly change if bulba has a bad stretch?  They are the very definition of fair weather signature warriors just looking for a paycheck and validation.  And even if by some chance they are, then what -- they pad for a few months then the server gets cut off?  Other than 2d sexytimes, what does any clam offer than G doesn't?

In any event, look -- I don't care what you do.  I'm not a recruiter, nor am I G's PR team.  I don't care if you join G, respect G, or whatever else.  Anyone who knows me know I regularly platoon outside of the clam -- its not even an issue.  I didn't resent our bench warmers for forming bulba to get more playtime, I didn't resent the fair weathers for jumping ship, and I wouldn't resent any applicant who just decided he would rather be in clam X instead of G.  Do what gets you enjoyment out of this internet tank game.

This is seriously not that big of a deal.

P.S.  Also I might have been unclear before.  I think the otter war proved bulba clearly has the best A team at their peak right now.  They also seem to have good politics with the other 2d clans (chaii, etc, a stronk alliance).  I also think most would agree they lack depth (roster has a LOT of inactives and padders), lack stamina (teenage ADHD, inability to take a loss, interested in other games, etc).  That makes for a great elite strike force to come in and break through a tough choke, demoralize the enemy, and so on...but they would lose a war 1v1 even to most 2nd or 3rd tier clams just for lack of ability to field two teams sustainably.  And if their politics gives out, or chai gets tired of holding off the obnoxious chip spam...bulba is in very real danger of pulling a robb stark -- win the battles, lose the war.  Not that anyone would care particularly.  Again, we are all here for the gold and the free tanks.  Who cares about the epeen?  It proves next to nothing.  Bulba can boast about winning most battles against top clams and padding their E50s, the rest of the server will likely laugh, then we will all synch our M60s together and mass drown.

Btw, any comments?

BG7esE5.jpg

Apparently REL_3 also beat them...

The strat wasn't bad, but if they'd had another T32 instead of an RHM, it'd have made a big difference, and the 1390s just got shrekt.

And I still don't understand the idea that dedicated blues are superior to 'pubstar purpls'. How are the purpls any less dedicated? Because they're not forced to attend numerous practices? I believe I can simplify your argument to that preparation and dedication are more important than individual performance, but regardless of the philosophy it must still produce results in the field, and it hasn't.

Even if -G- may be able to fight on more fronts or for a longer duration, I don't see how this can win wars if you're losing the battles...

So you post a screenshot of a loss by -G- where the team is loaded with purples (blue, miz, cam, red, fire, goon, flash) and use that to prove your point about recent recruiting? All the while providing neither context, nor a replay nor strat discussions. That's a pretty inane argument, to say the least. Furthermore, of the team that you posted, 2/3 are long-term -G- members. They executed poorly and lost, period.

I guess bashing -G- is cool these days, and maybe you think that's your ticket to joining the cool club. *shrug*

EDIT: Garbad also said a lot of what I feel about the fair-weather paycheck warriors.

So you post a screenshot of a loss by -G- where the team is loaded with purples (blue, miz, cam, red, fire, goon, flash) and use that to prove your point about recent recruiting? All the while providing neither context, nor a replay nor strat discussions. That's a pretty inane argument, to say the least. Furthermore, of the team that you posted, 2/3 are long-term -G- members. They executed poorly and lost, period.

I guess bashing -G- is cool these days, and maybe you think that's your ticket to joining the cool club. *shrug*

EDIT: Garbad also said a lot of what I feel about the fair-weather paycheck warriors.

It wasn't meant to be definitive proof, just thrown in because it related to the question.

His latest response has satisfied me.

He also neglects the fact that the people playing in that game were thrown together purely to get some Fame.

Our "strat" that "wasn't bad" was literally pinged on the map and the caller made a mistake to push cap instead of crushing your IS3's down low.  Congrats on your win though, and stay classy.

Also, for the record...even from its earliest days G was prone to retard derps.  I've seen a LOT of times G will bring too many light tanks, peekaboom carelessly, and get facefucked by some shitlord team of greenablus.  It happens REGULARLY, probably like 25%+ of the time even when we were good.  Anyone in G knows we have all bitched about this, talked about how we needed to harden the fuck up...and then moved on.  Losses happen.

And red needs to be permanently banned from any strategy that uses more than 6x light tanks.

He also neglects the fact that the people playing in that game were thrown together purely to get some Fame.

Our "strat" that "wasn't bad" was literally pinged on the map and the caller made a mistake to push cap instead of crushing your IS3's down low.  Congrats on your win though, and stay classy.

Don't get your jimmies rustled just because I asked Garbi some questions.

Don't get your jimmies rustled just because I asked Garbi some questions.

Acting like a douche and getting called out isn't "rustled jimmies." It's calling you out for being an idiot.

Ok, enough CRD drama.  Seriously -- pick the clam that seems to fit your personality and goals the best.  This isn't a marriage.  On to more important things...

Naval Action is opening up open world/economy/etc tomorrow!!  Although I have no information on this yet, I'm pretty excited.  The open world is what makes games like eve/potbs fun to me -- just the pure lobby combat, while good, wasn't enough content to sustain me.

Open World FAQ

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/4735-faq-the-open-world/

World Map Info

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/4666-nations-neutrals-pirates-and-ports-summary/

Once again, I am impressed by what seems to be good thinking and design.  They are slow and probably understaffed to hell, but they seem to be doing good work. 

So which nation are you interested in?

Spain - Easy: several starting zones, distant areas with low combat (ideal for traders), some zones with shallow waters.

Britain - Easy: several starting zones, 1 zone with shallow waters

France - Medium: several starting zones, no shallow water areas

Denmark - Hard: starts in between multiple enemies 

United Provinces (Dutch) - Medium: 2 starting locations

Sweden - Impossible: starts with 1 port on St Barthelemy island (we can add another port on Guadelupe which Sweden controlled around 1814)

USA - Medium: 3 ports on Florida coast, but somewhat distant from enemies

If POTBS is any guide, noobs and roleplayers will flock to british.  This means they will be the unskilled zerg, leaderless and inept but vast.  Historically, spain is indefensible, france is stronk but undermanned (but pretty colors).  Dutch might be a good wildcard, again with nice colors and history.  Could be good to bring in a good core of hardcores and try and snatch a david v goliath server win.

Acting like a douche and getting called out isn't "rustled jimmies." It's calling you out for being an idiot.

After consulting my dear Solonii-san, it appears I may have been out of line. My apologies to anyone I may have antagonized due to how I chose to phrase my questions, including you and Otis.