Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

Nope, no issues.

Probably has to do with the "smooth scroll" wheel on my microsoft mouse then. It caused problems in almost every other cryengine game I've tried.

BR: The Battle of 9UY

Background:

So our trip south was fun, but brief. After 6 days of getting stomped, the goons decided they had proved their point and limped back home, so we moved back to delve. Its boring, tbh, so we had nothing better to do but welp a fleet. Meanwhile, the hordlings (PL's noob/fodder corp similar to brave) have been bullied and abused by some random rejects, so we figured...

The Fight:

IrtndfD.jpg

Weyoun put out a ping at 1945. Now usually I don't associate with eurotrash, but it was a weekend so whatever. I flew my standard legion (a mid sized T3 designed to fight at mid/close range with very good toughness).

3lupql9.jpg

So we hopped into a wormhole, and headed out. Note the offline plate for less mass through the wormhole.

We were going against 80-100 tempests with 20 logi. We could take that, but we knew we would have heavy casualties and probably lose the isk war. But we were willing to bleed a little for content, so we moved out. But I heard a little bit of shaking in our Fcs voice. I think it might have been fear.

feIV2AG.jpg

So we land, 400 in local. (To be fair some were allies but I don't know or care who. You are either legion or you are less). And by tempests they meant a blend of T3, TFIs, and other heavy ships...

cyyfH8Y.jpg

...and then another 200 hostiles showed up...

hE9lVUI.jpg

...and did I mention they dropped in triage capitals?

M8DgmFS.jpg

We initially cut down battleships. At first, our focus was clean and perfect – targets dropped very quickly. However, we got sloppy as things died quickly. We spread our ewar, but our logi still got overwhelmed and we lost a few ships.

NTLWFfz.jpg

More fighting. One clutch moment here – our dictor tanked over 100k damage thanks to excellent repping. Since he was our only actual human in a dictor, this was key.

z7NyrCI.jpg

But still, we held up very well. Good loging, plus we avoiding most of the heat thanks to the carrier distractions. One of their triage carriers pulled a very well timed extraction though, and jumped to saftey as we farmed his friends. Respect to him, he did a good job.

mNSynzE.jpg

So we started moving back...and then another fleet landed right on top of us. This was some pubbie roaming fleet who wanted in on the action, I believe. In any event, they had the misfortune of landing at 0 against t3 ahacs in sniper t3 Bcs...

vI2wXS5.jpg

We obliterated them so fast it was near impossible to lock targets. It was a feeding frenzy.

CONCLUSION:

500 vs 100 legion? FC afraid to fight 150 vs 100? No problem.

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3706,3707&b=6668378,6668450&e=90&t=caic&r=1

~200 dead bad people, ~30 dead good guys, including only 3 legion

Heroes of the day:

• FC for risking a fight that was a tough call, and doing it well. Especially for a euro

• Logi for excellent reps, very fast

• Our one hero dictor, and shame on the others who ditched fleet to watch football

TL;DR – MURICA REIGNS SUPREME AGAIN

http://imgur.com/a/snAuz

A nurse got a new job at a new hospital. Her boss thought that she knew everything about the job, except for ONE THING: "Never laugh at a patient, no matter what."

"Of course I won't laugh," the nurse said. "I'm a professional nurse. In over twenty years I've never laughed at a patient."

Three days later, the hospital received a new patient that the nurse was in charge of. "I have a problem with my sexual organs," the man said. "Okay, just drop your trousers for me," the nurse responded.

"Okay then," Kewei said and proceeded to drop his trousers, revealing the tiniest penis the nurse had ever seen. Length and width, it couldn't have been bigger than an AAA battery.

Unable to control herself, the nurse started giggling then almost fell to the floor laughing. A few minutes later she was able to regain her composure. "I'm so sorry," said the nurse. "I don't know what came over me. On my honor as a nurse and a lady, I promise it won't happen again. Now tell me, what seems to be the problem?"

"It's swollen," Kewei replied.

Dear Garbad,

I was talking with a co-worker about Game of Thrones, and discovered that he was a supporter of the abomination of incest Daenerys Targaryen, rather than the One True King. What should I do with them?

Love,

Matt

Dear Garbad,

I was talking with a co-worker about Game of Thrones, and discovered that he was a supporter of the abomination of incest Daenerys Targaryen, rather than the One True King. What should I do with them?

Love,

Matt

Treat them as a Queen would -- tell them everyone deserves justice, and a fair trial.

Then let the dragons decide.

Man, I can't wait for season six so we can see the show fully enter fanfiction territory without even any Stannis to take the pain away. I really hope Daenerys' incompetence finally gets her killed, but I doubt it. Glad to see D&D are casting all the Northern Lords that were supposed to be backing Stannis up after they killed him off, makes total sense.

All I wanted was a proper Night's Lamp style Battle of the Ice.

Man, I can't wait for season six so we can see the show fully enter fanfiction territory without even any Stannis to take the pain away. I really hope Daenerys' incompetence finally gets her killed, but I doubt it. Glad to see D&D are casting all the Northern Lords that were supposed to be backing Stannis up after they killed him off, makes total sense.

All I wanted was a proper Night's Lamp style Battle of the Ice.

Ikr.  My hopes and dreams were crushed.  It would have been one of the best moments of the series.  Still, I have some faith.  Its battered and withered, but it remains.  The Battle of Fire could be good, also.

I need to stop thinking about this because it will just piss me off though.  How could they have fucked up so badly in season 5?

P.S.  http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/

Check this out -- she argues for the misogyny in wot and specifically sansa better than I did.  TRIGGER WARNING:  She doesn't love the Mannis.

TRIGGER WARNING:  She doesn't love the Mannis.

Opinions discarded.

One of the biggest fuckups over the course of the whole series to me is fucking Ramsay. They took a sadistic brute and turned him into a superhuman ninja mastermind who fights top Ironborn warriors shirtless and can apparently turn invisible when his 20 good men are with him. How did they watch that and think it was good? D&D are completely incapable of subtlety and grey, everything has to be extreme black and white.

And let's not talk about the Dorne arc. We really didn't need the bad pussy. *shudder*

Hm, if Stannis and Shireen are dead, who would the Baratheon lands and titles pass to legally? Daenerys is his second cousin IIRC, but the Targaryens lost all claims when they were deposed.

Edited by SergeantMatt

Opinions discarded.

One of the biggest fuckups over the course of the whole series to me is fucking Ramsay. They took a sadistic brute and turned him into a superhuman ninja mastermind who fights top Ironborn warriors shirtless and can apparently turn invisible when his 20 good men are with him. How did they watch that and think it was good? D&D are completely incapable of subtlety and grey, everything has to be extreme black and white.

And let's not talk about the Dorne arc. We really didn't need the bad pussy. *shudder*

Despite her antipathy to the King, she has worthwhile things to say.  Including the ramsay stuff.

I was just reading one of her articles now about season 1.  She is defending the drogo rape scene, and argues that because dany is older they needed to make it more violent to convey how awful it was for her.  This is perhaps the most fair defense I've ever heard of that change.  But in retrospect, its plainly wrong.  D&D just get off on rape and sexism.

The only thing that can redeem the show at this point is if CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE happens.

In an ideal world, GoT would have been made with like 40 episodes allocated per season and 5 times the budget per episode. Imagine the glory of a 100% accurate, shot for shot remake of the books, leaving nothing out...

Edited by SergeantMatt

The only thing that can redeem the show at this point is if CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE happens.

In an ideal world, GoT would have been made with like 40 episodes allocated per season and 5 times the budget per episode. Imagine the glory of a 100% accurate, shot for shot remake of the books, leaving nothing out...

You mean like Lord of the Rings?  Hollywood couldn't even figure out why it was a hit -- see the hobbit.

It reminds me of 300:  Marathon or whatever it was called, came out this summer.  I seriously wonder what the conversation was like.

Hollywood Shitter Meeting:

So, let's make a movie about The Battle of Marathon...you know, the greatest single battle in the history of western civilization.  Its a well known story, one that has inspired millions of people for generation after generation.  It has everything -- the drama of free men vs slaves, the birth of democracy and western culture, leadership and persuasion in building the fleet, and more.  Its a true legend that will be told until the world dies, a time tested favorite.

Now, let's make it "better."  I'll open the floor.

Shitter 1:  I know!  Let's add in some hunchbacks!  Midgits are funny!

Shitter 2:  What if we tortured artemisia into a hot gothic chick and made her a stronk independent woman, the real power behind the throne.  Think of the backstory we could spin...manipulation...sexy warrior girl...rape...

Intern:  -But wasn't artemisia like 50 years old?  And didn't she only command like 8 ships, and is recorded mainly for the novelty factor and a few funny one liners?

Shitters:  SHUT THE FUCK UP. 

Shitter 3:  Maybe more naked spartans wrestling in diapers.  That polled well in certain, uh, demographics.

Shitter 1:  You know, I bet we could spice up those battle scenes with a little pyrotechnics.  Maybe swimming mutants or something.  We can probably reuse some TMNT footage..

Intern:  ...this was before greek fire, right?  And shouldn't we maybe stick to the real story?  Why it was significant to convince infantrymen to put down their spears and build ships?

Shitter 2:  And I know!  Let's have the generals fuck in a super edgey hawt secks scene!

Shitter 1:  OH HELL YEAH.  ITS GONNA BE A CLASSIC.  WE ARE TOTZ SMART!  IN ONE AFTERNOON WE JUST MADE A CLASSIC STORY 10X AS GUD!  \o/

-_-

Come on man, hoplites being oiled beefcakes in speedos is totally a historically accurate, good idea, and persian Immortals WERE orcs, so that's fine.

Now I'm having flashbacks to other poorly done historical movies. Troy, Alexander, goddammit make it stop.

Edited by SergeantMatt

Come on man, hoplites being oiled beefcakes in speedos is totally a historically accurate, good idea, and persian Immortals WERE orcs, so that's fine.

Now I'm having flashbacks to other poorly done historical movies. Troy, Alexander, goddammit make it stop.

I like how the Spartans were literally known as the Men of Bronze.  Anyone with even a bit of common sense would know this referred to their BRONZE GODDAMN ARMOR that was revolutionary for the time.  But no.  300 concluded bronze must refer to the skin tone of their rippling abs, covered only by a tasteful diaper.

-_-

Who needs armor when you have PECS AND ABS OF STEEL

I also like how they cut the Thespians and Thebans that fought to the death in the end alongside the Spartans.

Edited by SergeantMatt

You mean like Lord of the Rings?  Hollywood couldn't even figure out why it was a hit -- see the hobbit.

tom bombadil says hi :P

Even peter jackson could tell that crap about singing to flowers and shit was worthless filler.

let's have legolas firing arrows while skateboarding down some stairs on a shield instead - that'll be cool.

On GoT:  series one I loved.  It inspired me to go and read the books (books 1-whatever finished about a week before season 2 started).  Shortly into season two I couldn't take any more of the missed scenes and abandoned it.  Would have enjoyed more if I'd not read the books.

You should watch season 3 at least.  Its very good as well.

will possibly watch a lot of them when the next book comes out as a rough refresher

I read all the books before the series started. The series was ok just not what I pictured haven't even bothered watching the latest season. Might get around to it at some stage.

You should watch season 3 at least.  Its very good as well.

Yeah, up to 3 is more or less solid. 4 went downhill a bit. 5 was a travesty.