Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

Uh, I AM a girl who doesn't know how to lift.

Doesn't mean you have to stay one. Learn how to do it right.

Crossfit is actually pretty awesome if you can stay out of the BroBean, "Dude... just a bit more and you'll max your personal best. GO FOR IT".

"No thanks Protein shake boy.... I like my kidneys the way they are"

Doesn't mean you have to stay one. Learn how to do it right.

Crossfit is actually pretty awesome if you can stay out of the BroBean, "Dude... just a bit more and you'll max your personal best. GO FOR IT".

Wait, so you don't want to see me professionally?

I was born with good genes; I'm a lazy ass fucker. 

TMI, unless there was a missing hyphen in that sentence.

Hot GOT season 6 rumors:  So evidently, D&D have heard all the complaints about glorifying rape and misogyny in their TV show, and were stung by it.  They decided to alter a few story lines to obviate that criticism...

...and according to some stuff smuggled out, they plan on fixing the excessive rape and misogyny by having loras raped and tortured for a few episodes.  BRILLIANT PLAN!  Too much rape?  FIX IT WITH MOAR RAPE.  Too much misogyny?  I know, let's turn the gay dude into a complete caricature of gay people (man whore, loves fashion, is effeminate) and then rape him.  After all, we can't have a REAL man get raped, but this kills two birds with one stone!

Sure, in the books Loras is 1) faithful to renly (when the sun has gone out, a candle may not replace it) and idealistic, like a male sansa, 2) no mention of fashion is ever made, but he is a pretty beast mode fighter, good enough to beat the Mountain, and 3) is described as tall, handsome, and likeable, like the good example older brother tommen never had.  He also brought on his own ruin by heroically storming SE to try and free up the fleet to save his vassals.  Not a wise man, for sure.  Vain, naive...but not in any sense this disgusting caricature.  Its almost as if some 50 year old dudes can't possibly imagine that someone who is gay might be anything other than a 1990s joke.  A gay guy who likes masculine activities, like fighting?  LOL FUK NO, MAKE HIM LIKE FASHION INSTED.  Oh well, I guess they will make up for it by letting me watch loras' floppy dong as he gets tortured for a few hours.  I'm hard already.

YAY FOR PROMOTING EVEN MORE RETARDED GENDER STEREOTYPES AND RAPE \o/

HBO IS T3H WIN!

Seriously, fuck these people.  Why in the hell are they being allowed to butcher a great story when literally all they had to do was follow the books?

Seriously, fuck these people.  Why in the hell are they being allowed to butcher a great story when literally all they had to do was follow the books?

Just like SerB, $$$$$$$$

Very dissapointed in the way the TV series is going with Season 5. I could forgive the earlier omissions because of the need to cut some stuff out. But, FOR. FUCKS. SAKE... The book, Dance with Dragons, Exist. USE YOUR FUCKING SOURCE MATERIAL AND MAKE A GREAT FUCKING STORY

Welcome to every Robert E Howard adaptation!  Conan the Barbarian was a fun flick and the rest just go down the toilet from there (Kull anyone?) despite having some of the best and easiest stories to translate into a movie (e.g., Red Nails).  The TV series was worse.  As was the cartoon.  I don't get why idiots in Hollywood can't just leave a good story alone, unless I just answered my own question (because they are idiots).

I suppose its just the norm.  For decades everyone has always said every movie/tv adaptation of a great book turns out to be shit.  Then LOTR came out, and it was both superb and true to the books.  Then for some inexplicable reason hollywood figured that was a fluke and went right back to their idiocy, like a dog returnith to her vomit.

Crossfit would be better if the first two rules weren't as follows:

#1.  You will talk about Crossfit.

#2.  YOU WILL TALK ABOUT CROSSFIT!

I suppose its just the norm.  For decades everyone has always said every movie/tv adaptation of a great book turns out to be shit.  Then LOTR came out, and it was both superb and true to the books.  Then for some inexplicable reason hollywood figured that was a fluke and went right back to their idiocy, like a dog returnith to her vomit.

There was one change in the movies that annoyed me, when they had the forces of man basically lose the Battle of Pelennor Fields and be bailed out by the army of the dead, when in the books the dead only helped them take the Umbar fleet and they picked up more Gondor troops on the way.

Wasn't too broken up about the removal of Tom Bombadil though.

As for Loras, I feel like there's something he's supposed to be doing that isn't being imprisoned right now, possibly something to do with attacking Dragonstone. Fucks sake, D&D, just follow the goddamn books.

Edited by SergeantMatt

Firstly apologies to Garbad for putting this in your thread but the general talk was of the nature.
I would love to have the time, but I'm 38 with 2 kids (7 and 3 so can't pop out of a evening and leave them in) and my wife (27 ;) ) works too overlapping or the opposite end of the day to me, or the space, 2 bed flat, to have free weighs to use.
As it is I've got the front room and a DVD player so only thing I can do is something involving no equipment and some space plus a DVD player.
Queue Insanity which I have done before a few years back until I hurt my wrist at work and things took over (WOT I'm looking at you) and didn't get back into it.
Queue a stone put back on so started with some light running and back into Insanity now. Never liked any of the others (T25 etc) but always enjoyed Insanity.
Now apologies for putting this into your thread Garbad but a question for the fitness guys, anything I can do to focus on strength using very little equipment, I'm never gonna bulk since I haven't the body type for it but maybe a set of dumbbells that I can put away and do some recommended exercises or just stick to the Insanity as it seems with me to ramp my cardio fitness up and lean me out with a decent body shape and tone.

Firstly apologies to Garbad for putting this in your thread but the general talk was of the nature.
I would love to have the time, but I'm 38 with 2 kids (7 and 3 so can't pop out of a evening and leave them in) and my wife (27 ;) ) works too overlapping or the opposite end of the day to me, or the space, 2 bed flat, to have free weighs to use.
As it is I've got the front room and a DVD player so only thing I can do is something involving no equipment and some space plus a DVD player.
Queue Insanity which I have done before a few years back until I hurt my wrist at work and things took over (WOT I'm looking at you) and didn't get back into it.
Queue a stone put back on so started with some light running and back into Insanity now. Never liked any of the others (T25 etc) but always enjoyed Insanity.
Now apologies for putting this into your thread Garbad but a question for the fitness guys, anything I can do to focus on strength using very little equipment, I'm never gonna bulk since I haven't the body type for it but maybe a set of dumbbells that I can put away and do some recommended exercises or just stick to the Insanity as it seems with me to ramp my cardio fitness up and lean me out with a decent body shape and tone.

In my experience....honestly, it doesn't fucking matter what you do as long as 1) eat reasonably decently.  Appropriate calories, reasonable balance, and 2) Do something -- ANYTHING up to and literally including just walking around -- for ~30 minutes a day.  That's more or less all I've done and it worked for me.

1.  Make Jita alt, stick in jita 4/4.

2.  Transfer isk to alt.

3.  Buy plex in jita for ultra cheep.  Redeem game time.

Why are there so many retards who keep trying to move plex?  There is literally never a reason to do so.

The theory I read on it was that there were old sell orders in Catch for about 900m.

However since it was 6 plex, and that's a common bundle size, I'm gonna lean more towards idiot.

How about bodyweight exercises?

How about bodyweight exercises?

Pretty much what Insanity uses, think I'll work through it again. The results were pretty fantastic last time I did it, just got to maintain it this time. Injuring my wrist (took a long while to heal as I use it doing up rachet straps every day at work) and then having the little OP that makes all men wince meant I just got out of the habit and got lazy. Back at it starting Monday.
Thanks for replies.

There was one change in the movies that annoyed me, when they had the forces of man basically lose the Battle of Pelennor Fields and be bailed out by the army of the dead, when in the books the dead only helped them take the Umbar fleet and they picked up more Gondor troops on the way.

They cornered themselves by making the Mumakil so over-sized.  They were wondrous to hobbit eyes (in the books) despite being no more than 2-3x the size of elephants because hobbits have never seen anything like them.  To make the same impression on us as viewers though, they had to be monstrous, too monstrous for the infantry of Gondor or the cavalry of Rohan to bring down, assuming there was any troop support at all.  I did appreciate that they wanted to preserve that sense of wonder, since it was a big part of the hobbits' journey and a reminder that they are not simple heroic automatons.  but it meant that they had to change things to plausibly defeat the Haradrim.