Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

And feel free to shoot any questions about The Netherlands too.. But ffs dont start about drugs pls. :feelsbad:

This map might help you on your yurotrip..

Hidden Content

That's....surprisingly accurate.  Except dorne is def spain.

I don't do drugs, don't worry.  I'm more interested in museums, local flavor, local fuds, good sights, getting into fights with the locals, etc.  The typical stuff.

Not really.  I think you misunderstand the nature of debt from the perspective of a sovereign with fiat currency.  Let's suppose obama got tired of the national debt today and decided to eliminate it.  You know he could, right?  He could simply print more money, or just refuse to pay.  Let's think about what would happen.  All options would lower our credit rating, which would increase the cost of future debt.  In addition:

- Print more money.  This would cause inflation (last I checked something like 15%).  This inflation would serve as an indirect penalty to anyone holding US currency.

- Refuse to pay.  What is china gonna do, repo our cheap tshirts?  They aren't going to do shit.  They simply lose their investment, end of story.  The worst they can do is try to confiscate the things we own in china and/or refuse to loan money again.  But we could wipe that debt away right now.

So right from the start, this is different than personal debt.  There will never be a moment when we just run out of money.  Obama can always print more.  We don't need to fear repo, jail time, etc.  All that matters is what combination of debt, credit rating, and goodwill creates the best economic conditions for us.  Most economists think that's an easy question:  borrow as much money as you possibly can.  Borrow so much that all you can do is make the minimum payments (with a small margin of error).  In this way, you have the maximum money now to invest in infrastructure, jobs, etc, that create more real growth.  This both gives the highest quality of life and the highest growth for the future.  But what if we have bad times and cannot pay?  Write off debts, exactly like pretty much every country ever has done (see greece, spain, literally everyone else).  This fucks over investors, which makes future debt more expensive, but meh, if it has to be done do it.  Or print more money.  This causes inflation, which hurts people who hold money (usually old people and domestic institutions) who see their savings suddenly decrease.  This hurts those who by definition are rich (have excess money).  It also decreases your economic growth (reduces exports, increases interest rates).  See germany and many others.  But again, this isn't exactly doomsday.

@ Social Security

I dunno, maybe you shouldn't have elected politicians who promised fixed benefits with no idea how to pay for it.  All I know is it won't be coming out of my pocket.  I'll gladly cut your benefits.

Correct in a sense.  However a few things:

1.  It would make sense intellectually that all of those options would increase the future borrowing costs since the credit rating of the USA would go down.  Except the USA did get downgraded, and it had zero effect, quite the opposite US borrowing costs went down.  That's the reality, that's what happened.  I think (but cant prove) that basically this is because people who run money believe a lot more in the full faith and credit of the USA then they do in any rating agency. 

2.  The money supply has been greatly increased since the financial crisis.  Money supply since the bottom of the recession has essentially tripled, inflation is non-existent.  It has resulted in ZERO inflation, none.  In fact rates went lower.  This should shake the intellectual foundation of those who believe in hard money, gold, Austrian Economics, etc., but since its a cult like belief it has had no effect on them. 

3.  Refuse to pay.  GARBAD is right, nothing will happen, except of course those countries will get crushed.  We will be fine.

The USA is in a unique situation.  We control our own currency in the #1 economy in the world that is bigger than the 2,3,4 economies added together.  In addition, every country owes the US something in a non-monetary form, a chip that we never cash in but everyone knows is there.  That means we dictate terms.  Most currency valuations are done to the dollar base.

Essentially, we are like the Roman Empire at its height.  In fact we too are still fighting in the middle east.  However, Obama does get the fact that we have a great responsibility that is thrust upon us and a power that must be used judiciously.  We cant just bomb our way through problems.

GARBAD is right

1.  The "downgrade" was a political stunt.  It was a few shitter agencies, who were widely laughed at.  Their CEO stepped down after like a week in shame. Again, there is no better choice.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2011-08-08/s-p-s-dubious-downgrade-of-u-s-is-a-reminder-on-revenues-view

2.  Uh, the answer to that is obvious.  The money supply is technically larger, yes, but only because banks and funds and rich peeps are sitting on massive cash reserves.  The money isn't in the economy, isn't changing hands, isn't investing, isn't buying things...and thus, isn't more dollars chasing the same amount of goods.  Thus, no inflation.  Yet the risk is certainly there.  I suppose we should be grateful that all the rich people can't think of anything worthwhile to buy/invest in, eh?

3.  When us fat muricans get our feet wet, you foreign Lilliputians drown.  What are you gonna do, invest in china ekekekek?  China is one quarter of merely 5% growth away from a revolution.  EU?  You eurofags will be importing turks to change your diapers in nursing homes soon enough.  There is no other choice, and since our deliberately inflationary economy policy compels investment, here we are.  Invest in us or die.

> Essentially, we are like the Roman Empire at its height

Rome was run by a muslim terrorist, too?  What was his name, oh rite, Elagabalus.  He voted for obamacare too, I bet.

Murica's responsibility is exactly what the citizens declared it to be, and no other:  "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Fuck you foreign shitters.  I'm worried about me and mine.

Much in the same way that wearing sweats, no makeup, and your exboyfriend's hoodie to class is technically allowed as a female. Don't be the sloppiest you can be.

So long as we're talking about fashion, I think there are good examples to learn from:

Stannis-Baratheon-house-baratheon-298072

If the USA said it simply was not going to pay, and restarted with 0 debt... 

Even if you could, you just can't.  

Uh, yes, it could.  What exactly do you think a debt restructuring is?  Its not just possible, its quite common.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_default

There are many more times where countries have only paid a portion (restructured) or compelled a lower interest rate, etc.  The US alone has defaulted six times.

So long as we're talking about fashion, I think there are good examples to learn from:

Stannis-Baratheon-house-baratheon-298072

Watched Scholagladatoria's review of that armour. It is historical (surprisingly) but it's actually based on Phillipino armour!

Uh, yes, it could.  What exactly do you think a debt restructuring is?  Its not just possible, its quite common.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_default

There are many more times where countries have only paid a portion (restructured) or compelled a lower interest rate, etc.  The US alone has defaulted six times.

Iceland essentially just did it a few years ago.  The didnt "default" but a %40 haircut was given to all.

And If you are an unlimited, free-market capitalist you should applaud this, for someone to make a ton of money someone else has to lose the shirt.  Personally I have little problem with this, sometimes when you make investments in anything you lose.  Its called RISK, that's why you get a premium.  

If the USA said it simply was not going to pay, and restarted with 0 debt... 

Even if you could, you just can't.  

This is also true.  Its called responsibility and leadership.  But we might not send our troops, or give you are info, or buy your goods.  

As far as Europe trips go GARBAD, I just loved Spain.  I see why European with money move there.  Just a beautiful place, and I thought the people were just great.  If you go to Madrid, stay at the NH hotel, right across from the Atocha train station.  its in the middle of everything, the Prado and the Thyssen are right across the street, and the Museo del Jamon is downstairs.  Sevilla was like a step back in time, the pace of life was like a 30 hour day.

American exceptionalism'll end when America stops being majority white. 

Vote Trump. 

No.  America is drawing all smart Asians here with real money and curvy chicks.

American exceptionalism'll end when America stops being majority white. 

Vote Trump. 

I don't mind poaching the best and brightest of the world, but you asian shitters best realize that there is a reason why we invented rule of law, science, logic, and literally everything else worthwhile while you retards struggled not to starve.  Quite literally the only thing of value to come out of asia is the gene that allows people to live on less rice -- you are like the economy version of humans.  Your culture is demonstrably, empirically inferior.  The more we incorporate your ideas, the worse we become.  Your flesh, however, is acceptable, as long as you have the capacity to sufficiently absorb our superior culture.

for someone to make a ton of money someone else has to lose the shirt

Nyet.  Trade is by definition not sum zero.

Correct in a sense.  However a few things:

1.  It would make sense intellectually that all of those options would increase the future borrowing costs since the credit rating of the USA would go down.  Except the USA did get downgraded, and it had zero effect, quite the opposite US borrowing costs went down.  That's the reality, that's what happened.  I think (but cant prove) that basically this is because people who run money believe a lot more in the full faith and credit of the USA then they do in any rating agency. 

2.  The money supply has been greatly increased since the financial crisis.  Money supply since the bottom of the recession has essentially tripled, inflation is non-existent.  It has resulted in ZERO inflation, none.  In fact rates went lower.  This should shake the intellectual foundation of those who believe in hard money, gold, Austrian Economics, etc., but since its a cult like belief it has had no effect on them. 

3.  Refuse to pay.  GARBAD is right, nothing will happen, except of course those countries will get crushed.  We will be fine.

The USA is in a unique situation.  We control our own currency in the #1 economy in the world that is bigger than the 2,3,4 economies added together.  In addition, every country owes the US something in a non-monetary form, a chip that we never cash in but everyone knows is there.  That means we dictate terms.  Most currency valuations are done to the dollar base.

Essentially, we are like the Roman Empire at its height.  In fact we too are still fighting in the middle east.  However, Obama does get the fact that we have a great responsibility that is thrust upon us and a power that must be used judiciously.  We cant just bomb our way through problems.

So morality is out the window?  Promising to pay means nothing?  I do not want to live in your world.

You have made me a convert. I don't think I'll ever want to play wot after playing aw for a couple of days. It fixes every gripe I have with wot, and it's a game that looks like people cared about making it. Thank you based garbad, thank you.

Watched Scholagladatoria's review of that armour. It is historical (surprisingly) but it's actually based on Phillipino armour!

The only reason I watch youtube.  Best channel.

Nyet.  Trade is by definition not sum zero.

Well it's definitely not positive by definition.  

2 weaks get hyped pubbers.  Also, AW is closing down tonight.  Release is 17 Oct.

I saw this movie. 

Was gud, but Gravity presents a better concept and I feel like this could've been a knockoff of it. Still a very good movie, also very fun how Donald Glover does his role EXACTLY like he does while pretending to be Abed in Community

8/10

I saw this movie. 

Was gud, but Gravity presents a better concept and I feel like this could've been a knockoff of it. Still a very good movie, also very fun how Donald Glover does his role EXACTLY like he does while pretending to be Abed in Community

8/10

The book is from 2011. The film "Gravity" is from 2013. The Martian is totes a knockoff of "Gravity".

Bruh.

If you are coming to euro land, would recommend the British Museum in London. Afterall if you have an empire that spans a quarter of the world, why not pillage it, for it's best treasures and keep them for yourselves. why not collect up the most endangered artifacts, and keep them safe for future generations to marvel at.

British-Museum-4.jpg

So morality is out the window?  Promising to pay means nothing?  I do not want to live in your world.

Nope. It's just business. The people who want you to believe its morality are the bankers and their ilk, they use moral compunction as a tool to get you to pay them at the same time they would screw you over in a second.

You guys are only partly correct.  You only partly control your own currency.  It's not foreign governments.  It's the wealthy who have a MASSIVE influence that is approaching, or has surpassed, the average influence of voters.  Plutocracy trumps democracy.  Presidents in the 30s-50s got this, but then the rich were slowly able to buy their way back into power.  You're gonna default on other governments?  OK.  Default on the rich?  Not possible, not even feasible, in the current political climate.

http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?31958-Free-lord-of-war-packs-for-all!-(Gamespot-giveaway)

I dont even....
So i just paid €70 for something they start handing out for free like candy.. This will cause a shitstorm..

:nmad:

Fuuuck me. Coulda waited 12 hours and saved 70$. Hopefully the game ends up becoming a little more popular so the pve queue times aren't as long but as far as that goes, i'll take the WOT approach and only spend $$ to skip arty lines.