Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

OK, not an AW question but more personal question.

Who are you? Honestly.  From all the stories and legends I've heard about you, you're like the do it all human.  You have fashion sense (thank god), have a firm sense of history, financial history, etc.  You pick up game mechanics quickly, and are able to break down a brand new game to simplistic terms in a matter of weeks.  You also provide quick wit and drama entertainment on the forums at times, which I personally find hilarious.  You even have time to watch amazing TV shows and have a social life outside of tanks.....if I didn't know better, I would assume that you're a retired billionaire who has all the time in the world in his hands......

Obviously he's Bruce Wayne. Duh.

OK, not an AW question but more personal question.

Who are you? Honestly.  From all the stories and legends I've heard about you, you're like the do it all human.  You have fashion sense (thank god), have a firm sense of history, financial history, etc.  You pick up game mechanics quickly, and are able to break down a brand new game to simplistic terms in a matter of weeks.  You also provide quick wit and drama entertainment on the forums at times, which I personally find hilarious.  You even have time to watch amazing TV shows and have a social life outside of tanks.....if I didn't know better, I would assume that you're a retired billionaire who has all the time in the world in his hands......

Have you ever taken an honest look at your peers?  They are mostly pillow humping man children who watch cartoons from their mom's basement.  They work part time tech support (stem master race) at the local game stop, if that.  They never bathe, and wear sweats and a star wars t shirt "to be comfortable."  They eat shit and never work out.  The last book they read was hentai.

Its not hard to look great when you are surrounded by typical wotlabs shitters.

According to reddit, that's a glitch in the garage stats and it doesn't change the ingame reload. At least this is what I read about a week ago.

http://imgur.com/a/d150X

Since when has Reddit been a reliable source of information?

Welp, it appears I was wrong.  I'll confirm it on my own, but if correct this means the preorder commander is god on 4 skill crews.  Camo crews run my bae, and MBTs still JCM, I think.

Have you ever taken an honest look at your peers?  They are mostly pillow humping man children who watch cartoons from their mom's basement.  They work part time tech support (stem master race) at the local game stop, if that.  They never bathe, and wear sweats and a star wars t shirt "to be comfortable."  They eat shit and never work out.  The last book they read was hentai.

Eh true, give you that.

You're like one of my out-of-game friends tbh.  I sometimes think that you are one of my out-of-game friends o_o 

How much cancer needs to be played in AW? I've played the M109 and got the commander and almost the retrofit. Can I stop now? The queue times are brutal and it is just as boring and easy to play as arty in WoT.

Also, I read an article on ArmoredTalk that states to shoot HEAT unless you need the extra pen of AP. Do you agree? For me, I'd rather have the higher chance of penetrating with AP than the extra damage of HEAT.

How much cancer needs to be played in AW? I've played the M109 and got the commander and almost the retrofit. Can I stop now? The queue times are brutal and it is just as boring and easy to play as arty in WoT.

Also, I read an article on ArmoredTalk that states to shoot HEAT unless you need the extra pen of AP. Do you agree? For me, I'd rather have the higher chance of penetrating with AP than the extra damage of HEAT.

If I'm top tier in my T-64, it's HEAT all the way. If I'm mid or bottom tier, HEAT or APFSDSPSVITA depending on the situation.

If you want to, you can stop at commander/module on the m109.  To get the tier 3 module you need to unlock max tier cancer, ~750k exp grind.

HEAT:

+ ~15% more damage, varies (russians get more)

- 15% more RNG on pen and damage

- Much more countermeasures (cage, era, composite, etc)

AP:

+ Higher pen, higher normalization, can overmatch = much easier to pen

+ Higher velocity (better sniping, easier to lead)

- Overmatch = 15% less damage FREQUENTLY.  This applies both to hitting weak points and sides and soft tanks

So it depends on a few factors:

1.  Can you consistently hit weakpoints/bypass countermeasures?  IE, are you accurate enough to hit the bottom of a bradley?  If so, Heat.

2.  Are you firing at mostly ass shots or weaklings?  If so, heat.

3.  If firing at small weak points or at long range against fast opponents, fire AP.  Heat is harder to place shots exactly.

4.  If firing at MBTs, fire AP (need the pen, mbt have the most counter measures)

5.  What tier are you?  Under tier 5, nothing can stop heat so spam it.  Over tier 5/6/7/8 many tanks have lots of counter measures, you need to know what to.

Depending on the tank, I fire almost all heat or on some very little.

Did you skip the T72s? Silentstalker claims the turret bug is fixed but I've had too many ramkas and stingrays shoot straight through my gun for full damage to believe it.

The relatively weak spot around the gun is historical for at least the older t-72 series. It is pretty much what happens when you aren't into gun mantles.

I'd guess they shoot the commander's cupola which can be penned by terminator ap and damaged heavily by hei.

So I've been testing.

Prepatch:

- Fud gives advantage on any tank, including loader tanks.  It appears to give 1% advantage instead of 10%.

- The reload commanders work properly.

- The crew skill commanders appear to give a 10% bonus to reload on tanks with loaders.  This can be viewed in garage.  Yet in game, reload was not reduced by 10%.

- Non loader tanks are unaffected by crew skills.

Post patch:

- Fud is still not working.

- Reload commanders are still working.

- the crew skill commander appears to give a 10% bonus to reload on tanks with loaders.  This can be viewed in garage.  In game, it displays a shorter reload, yet doesn't fire at 0.0.  Instead, it hangs at 0.1 and hesitates.  On long reload tanks like the sherridan, this hang is VERY noticeable (perhaps 1.5 seconds)

- Its unknown to me how crew skills work with non loader tanks.

HYPOTHESIS:

The infamous "firing delay" people report is in fact a display bug.  Specifically, its a reload timer display bug.  The commander says you reload in 9 seconds, but actually you reload in 10.  So the timer in game falls to zero, but instead of letting you fire, it holds for 1 second.  Players believe this is "lag" or a game flaw.  I suspect it is not -- the problem is probably related to crew skills and reloads, not lag or firing delays.

I have experienced the firing delay bug intermittently, but not often.  I now suspect that when I did was when I happened to be using the preorder commander (10% crew skills) on a tank that happened to have a loader (T-62, Sherridan, etc).  As I progressed into tanks without loaders or with new commanders, this bug disappeared.  This is why the firing delay bug appeared to happen to me sometimes right after release but doesn't affect me now.

That's my theory, anyhow.

Edited by Garbad

Try the preorder commander on the Taifun, it's the least bugged tank with crew skill commanders for me so far. I'd make a video of it working properly and of being able to shoot in other tanks before the reload timer shows it is fully reloaded but I don't know how.

Plea for the free market types from a free market type:

http://macromarketmusings.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-plea-to-my-fellow-free-marketers.html

The general mis-idea free market types have is that in the free market you always make money and if you are not its Ayn Rand  "takers" that are preventing you from doing so.  In the current times of low interest rates by the FED people who are supposedly smart are claiming that the FED is somehow making rates unnaturally low, thus preventing them from make money from the interest rate.  It never occurs to them that maybe the free market is pushing the rates low, so low that the "real" free market rate should be negative. However they cant consider this possibility because it doesn't fit with their political thinking.

Plea for the free market types from a free market type:

http://macromarketmusings.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-plea-to-my-fellow-free-marketers.html

The general mis-idea free market types have is that in the free market you always make money and if you are not its Ayn Rand  "takers" that are preventing you from doing so.  In the current times of low interest rates by the FED people who are supposedly smart are claiming that the FED is somehow making rates unnaturally low, thus preventing them from make money from the interest rate.  It never occurs to them that maybe the free market is pushing the rates low, so low that the "real" free market rate should be negative. However they cant consider this possibility because it doesn't fit with their political thinking.

I'd say they think the Fed is somehow making interest rates unnaturally low because it is in fact, setting interest rates at near zero.  You can argue that they should set it at zero or not, but its a fact that they are in fact setting interest rates.  You mention the free market interest rate -- as if that's a real thing.  Tell me, when was the last time supply and demand determined interest rates?  The 1920s?  Welcome to monetary policy, where interest rates are arbitrary and economists dream about trickle up economics.

How the Fed Works:

1.  Give banks piles of free money.

2.  ???

3.  BOOM ECONOMY! \o/

Shockingly, SHOCKINGLY, it turns out that simply giving investors ass tons of money doesn't create profitable investment.  Perhaps its time to actually consider what actually drives economic growth -- productivity, not monetary policy games.

I'd say they think the Fed is somehow making interest rates unnaturally low because it is in fact, setting interest rates at near zero.  You can argue that they should set it at zero or not, but its a fact that they are in fact setting interest rates.  You mention the free market interest rate -- as if that's a real thing.  Tell me, when was the last time supply and demand determined interest rates?  The 1920s?  Welcome to monetary policy, where interest rates are arbitrary and economists dream about trickle up economics.

How the Fed Works:

1.  Give banks piles of free money.

2.  ???

3.  BOOM ECONOMY! \o/

Shockingly, SHOCKINGLY, it turns out that simply giving investors ass tons of money doesn't create profitable investment.  Perhaps its time to actually consider what actually drives economic growth -- productivity, not monetary policy games.

You mean actually making shit people want to buy/use matters???? *gasp*

This right here had me chuckling all day long. I read it and thought BULBA.

If you want to, you can stop at commander/module on the m109.  To get the tier 3 module you need to unlock max tier cancer, ~750k exp grind.

HEAT:

+ ~15% more damage, varies (russians get more)

- 15% more RNG on pen and damage

- Much more countermeasures (cage, era, composite, etc)

AP:

+ Higher pen, higher normalization, can overmatch = much easier to pen

+ Higher velocity (better sniping, easier to lead)

- Overmatch = 15% less damage FREQUENTLY.  This applies both to hitting weak points and sides and soft tanks

So it depends on a few factors:

1.  Can you consistently hit weakpoints/bypass countermeasures?  IE, are you accurate enough to hit the bottom of a bradley?  If so, Heat.

2.  Are you firing at mostly ass shots or weaklings?  If so, heat.

3.  If firing at small weak points or at long range against fast opponents, fire AP.  Heat is harder to place shots exactly.

4.  If firing at MBTs, fire AP (need the pen, mbt have the most counter measures)

5.  What tier are you?  Under tier 5, nothing can stop heat so spam it.  Over tier 5/6/7/8 many tanks have lots of counter measures, you need to know what to.

Depending on the tank, I fire almost all heat or on some very little.

Thanks for the advice. There is no way I will ever play that much cancer. Maybe I'll free exp the lines in the future. As for HEAT spam, I can confirm that the T64 with HEAT is a complete beast. I'm tier 4 and below right now, so I guess I'll be spamming HEAT for the immediate future. The rounds are very slow though, so I like shooting AP at range.

One more question. What is your favorite tier 4 tank that can use ATGMs?